Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Where's Dracula XX ??  (Read 44738 times)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: November 02, 2007, 06:46:16 PM »
Seriously, why the heck isn't Dracula XX for the SNES on DXC?? Now, I know it's no Rondo of Blood but it's still awesome.
They have that lame Akumajou Dracula Peke game on it, which last like a minute, but no XX?!

I guess it just disappoints me
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 06:47:48 PM »
In Reply To #1

I know.  Weird, huh?
PEKE is like... "Hi, bye!"
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: Where's Dracula XX ??
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:02:59 PM »
In Reply To #1

Indeed. It gets a bad rep, but I like to play through it when I want a challenge. It was pretty original in its layout; except for the first level, it opted to take a different approach for its areas, like having Richter cross a lake to reach the entrance, or the Atlantis area.

Then again, some people are finding the Rondo remake to be insane in its difficulty...I always found it to be the easiest of the older Castlevanias. So DXX probably would've killed them.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 07:35:47 PM »
In Reply To #3

In my opinion, the 3DRondo is easier than the 2D one, 'cept for some spots.  The fact that Richter can jump forward but then backflip lets me avoid a number of obstacles.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 07:39:13 PM »
XX never really appealed to me to much...maybe I try it again if it ever gets VC'd...I stopped my emulation ways about a couple of months ago...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 09:16:47 PM »
Dracula X for Super NES is boring. I was disappointed with it even before I knew about Rondo of Blood.

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 05:43:20 PM »
In Reply To #6

Dracula XX holds a dear place in my heart. I first played it back in 95', it was the first CV game I had played up to that point other than CV4. The music in XX was made to somehow sound a little better than the original Rondo. I liked everything in that game, except for Maria's different sprite. I mean, they can keep every sprite the same, look the same, animate the same and all, but couldn't include the original Maria sprite? What the hell? the XX Maria is so gimped looking, it makes me want to cry. Though, that's the only negative I have for this game. Its insane difficulty only adds to the fun for me.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 06:07:56 PM »
In Reply To #7

I think the sprites actually matched the Artwork in that game, unlike other games where the sprite looks nothing like the art (SotN Richter).
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 07:20:19 PM »
The saturn version had a alternate costume for richter that matched his artwork.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 09:07:09 AM »
The saturn version had a alternate costume for richter that matched his artwork.

Tried to. It was still very unaccurate and sloppy.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 06:51:52 PM »
Seriously, why the heck isn't Dracula XX for the SNES on DXC?? Now, I know it's no Rondo of Blood but it's still awesome.
They have that lame Akumajou Dracula Peke game on it, which last like a minute, but no XX?!

I guess it just disappoints me

Dracula XX or Dracula X as it's known in the states is a terrible game, it felt really thrown together and the ending didn't make any sense the first time I played it, we see all these close ups and stuff and no writing or talking to let us know what's going on. That Dracula fight was cheap and retarded, you get hit at all you fall in a pit and die, there's no skill involved it's all luck, especially on dracs final form I can dodge every attack but if he corners you or fires one off as your jumping it's instant death.The Werewolf fight was stupid too, an ordinary werewolf shouldn't take 20 hits to kill it and possess attacks that can slaughter you in 4. I think Koji looks at the Duo one as the "true" X and probably doesn't even bother ancknowledging the SNES travesty.
_______________________________________ ______________

VampireHunterM

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 02:03:12 PM »
Totally disagree with you there. The Super NES title was solid. Doesn't hold up to Super Castlevania IV, of course, but to say it was a bad game is blasphemy.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 02:05:33 PM by VampireHunterM »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 02:45:36 PM »
^ I've just never really liked it it feels unfinished as well as what I already stated. And if Koji was to include it he'd have to come up with a way to revive dracula again and have annette and maria captured as well.
_______________________________________ ______________

S10nett

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 02:52:59 PM »
In Reply To #12

For those of us that never got to experience the real Rondo XX was our chance. I personally loved the game.

It was definitely a bit old school with its limitations but a bit knew school with Richters backflip.

I loved the new sprites and the fight against Drac was amazing. His laugh as he teleported around the room was the best ever. Death was awesome too.

A great game and I miss seeing the ending, I think it was among Castlevania's most unique.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 02:54:16 PM »
It still should've been in DXC instead of that shitty-ass PEKE game.  I mean, what a waste of an unlockable that was.

LOL THIS IS WHAT IT WAS LIKE WHEN YOU DID NOT HAVE SYSTEM CARD LOL

You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags: