Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Where's Dracula XX ??  (Read 44741 times)

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
Re: Where's Dracula XX ??
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2007, 08:39:06 PM »
In Reply To #60

You know, when you think about it, original Rondo shouldn't be canon. How the hell is Shaft in SOTN when Richter killed his human form, then killed him as a ghost? If you really want to get into it, it makes for sense for it to go DXX ---> Sotn, since Shaft would still be alive. But since it goes original Rondo --> Sotn, Shaft should be 40 feet under. Silly IGA and team, should've gotten a new bad guy.

Stigma Black

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2007, 08:43:52 PM »
In Reply To #76

:o

Now that's just crazy talk!

Stop being crazy!

>:o

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2007, 08:49:05 PM »
In Reply To #60

You know, when you think about it, original Rondo shouldn't be canon. How the hell is Shaft in SOTN when Richter killed his human form, then killed him as a ghost? If you really want to get into it, it makes for sense for it to go DXX ---> Sotn, since Shaft would still be alive. But since it goes original Rondo --> Sotn, Shaft should be 40 feet under. Silly IGA and team, should've gotten a new bad guy.

but ghosts can't be killed though, shaft was just defeated. He needed to turn Richter to restore his power. He probably had to wait awhile until he was even powerful enough to turn Richter.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2007, 08:53:09 PM »
Or he just stored himself in one of his orbs. I mean, he did that in rondo already, and in sotn too you had to smash the orb floating over richter to free him.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2007, 08:56:53 PM »
Or he just stored himself in one of his orbs. I mean, he did that in rondo already, and in sotn too you had to smash the orb floating over richter to free him.

Yeah he could have done that too, actually that would have been a cool trick if that's what he did, let Richter think he was defeated so he could bide his time and find a way to beat Richter if Dracula was defeated.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2007, 09:41:53 PM »
Hmm, so licensing isn't really a big issue? I see. Thanks, Wolfman Jake and Kensuke. I guess it really is disappointing they didn't include XX, then...

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2007, 10:08:44 PM »
In Reply To #81

Shaft, that slick beast. Yeah, It kinda slipped my mind that he sealed some of his power in one of the orbs, to come back to fight Richter as a ghost, so yeah, I guess he could do it again. I'm still pretty sure it shows that final orb fall to the ground and break after you defeat his ghost. I should go play original Rondo again and check that out, but I'm too lazy.

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Wolfman
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2007, 11:06:18 PM »
It doesn't imply either. You can have canon gaiden and non-canon gaiden. The term simply denotes a story that is incidental to the main story arc.

- John

I didn't mean that sidestory/gaiden implied canon either.  The words, as you said, simply denote spin-off stories.  A lot of people were referring to games as "gaiden" when they were really arguing canon vs. non-canon.

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2007, 11:17:17 PM »
In Reply To #83

Yes. But if something contradicts they can't both be true. So gaiden or not, it would become non canonical at that point. Their's no evidence that XX was supposed to be a gaiden either. But it does contradict the correct version of events in Rondo, so it doesn't rate on the timeline, and is effectively thrown out of canon. Only Rondo does.

Also, once again I'd like to point out that the N64 games and CotM were always intended as gaiden. Legends and XX were not. That's why their toss out was more drastic.

- John

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2007, 11:41:19 PM »
From Japanese Official Guide Book.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/cv-rob/tdxc/guide-p009.jpg

Shaft:
The soul is moved to another place.
Even if the body is lost, power can be used through the crystal ball.
I'm on hiatus now.

Stigma Black

« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2007, 11:44:44 PM »
I think it's quite clear at this point that Dracula XX is dead and gone, for obvious reasons.

And if there's another reason why it wasn't included, there's also the fact that IGA had nothing to do with it. At least he had some tangential involvement with the original Rondo of Blood.

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Wolfman
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2007, 11:58:48 PM »
In Reply To #84

But no plot element that differs between Rondo and DXX has any baring on what happens in SotN, whatsoever.  Maria's ancestory never comes up, and I don't think Annette is even mentioned once in SotN, for that matter.  This isn't about "salvaging" DXX.  This is about the ability to be cognitively flexible enough to realize DXX isn't any kind of a threat to the continuity of the Castlevania story.  It works with either Rondo or DXX without really missing a beat.  Yes, Rondo is the better experience overall, but that isn't, and was never, the point of contention.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2007, 12:17:04 AM »
In Reply To #86

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162527

IGA: Well, the first Castlevania I worked on was Symphony of the Night -- I didn't actually work on Rondo of Blood. But my wife did. She worked on the development team. So I'd sometimes go to my wife's desk to play the game, and luckily I was given a "special thanks" in the credits.
I'm on hiatus now.

Stigma Black

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2007, 12:19:52 AM »
In Reply To #88

I did say tangential. It's not like he was the game's director or anything.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2007, 12:23:27 AM »
From Japanese Official Guide Book.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/cv-rob/tdxc/guide-p009.jpg

Shaft:
The soul is moved to another place.
Even if the body is lost, power can be used through the crystal ball.

the link don't work homes.

Tags: