Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV figures out!?  (Read 37404 times)

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
CV figures out!?
« on: November 10, 2007, 09:09:43 PM »
Here is an ebay link that seems to have the NECA CV figure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NECA-Player-Select-Castlevania-4-Figure-Set-IN-STOCK_W0QQitemZ160178639026QQihZ006QQcategoryZ348QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I found this link on a toy forum I normally go to, which is
http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2032266&pid=16404311&st=75&#entry16404311

Is it me or did NECA gave Alucard and Dracula a bigger head. Maybe someone at the factory didn't scale the figures correctly from their 2-ups. At least Simon looks good. Dracula looks like crap, but it could be bad lightin'.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:12:22 PM by le052383 »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 09:17:54 PM »
meh, I don't like em anyway....... Sadly enough the succubus looks best.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: CV figures out!?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 09:46:34 PM »
Simon looks pretty good, the succubus is alright...but man, what did they do to Dracula?

Unless it is bad lighting...
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 11:40:51 PM »
I don't know.....those don't really seem to be up to NECA standards. Something seems strange about those
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 12:58:09 AM »
I agree, but then again, the majority of what we've been seeing has been the display models. Display models are almost always painted more detailed than the actual shipping figs. Rarely you'll get shipping figs that have pupils not lined up perfectly(and it's off the eye).

But, the quality of the picture isn't really that good, so it might be the lighting. Simon's stubble seems more like red blush on his chin, like he has a rash from shaving. Dracula has WAY too much darkness around his eyes. Looks like he's wearing eye shadow. The Succubus doesn't look that bad, though. Alucard looks, well, funny. His face. I try to choke back the chuckles.

Offline yeahx

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 02:56:52 AM »
It looks like they closed Dracula's mouth like everyone wanted though.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 06:55:40 AM »
They all look pretty cool to me, except Alucard looks....almost anime-ish. Like his skin looks too...smooth and perfect as opposed to Simon's. And is just me, or does Dracula look like an older, gray-haired version of IGA?
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Volrath2242

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 09:47:25 AM »
Can't wait to find these. though Dracula does look very odd

Offline mistressalucard

• Diva
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Magical Diva
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Moonlit Path
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 12:52:06 PM »
One thing I have learned, is that you can't tell what figures look like from pics online. You have to get them and then see. 

I bought all 4 in a set because it was the only way to get Alucard.  I am keeping Alucard and the Succubus, but unless Dracula and Simon knock me over I am selling them.
---
Lady A

Trevor Belmont Fan

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 01:14:44 PM »
There is no official confirmation when these are coming out.  Obviously someone has them, but NECA hasn't said anything on their main page or their blog.  Both Bigbadtoystore and figures.com say the generic "November" still. Since someone does have them, maybe they will be shipping this week.

I'm kind of curious as to where this guy on ebay got his.

Offline Dongled

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 07:35:06 PM »
In Reply To #10

if you click the link at the top, it doesn't work. I'm wondering if this is for real...

it's a shame, really..the display prototypes looked SO good. Simon and Succubus looked amazing, but now they just look ok. Dracula and Alucard are meh.

Offline Hime

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 01:44:49 AM »
ugh. I'm not pleased. both succubus and alucard look like horrible drag queens.

I'm hoping that those are just horrible paintjobs.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 07:04:56 AM »
WTF?????? Alucard looks out of space, Simon has weird jaw, Succubus is looking great and Dracula is looking like a junky. :(
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 12:04:18 PM »
Now, I know that the figures they've been showing are prototypes and they always looks better. But there's no way this is NECA. If anyone's ever seen any NECA toy they look stunning. Up there in quality with McFarlane.

These just look like some cheap Hong Kong knock off that you'd find at a dollar store or something. Also, since I haven't seen any pictures of them anywhere else I don't believe they're real.

Hell, even the packaging looks crummy
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 12:07:16 PM »
I agree they do look bad, but most of us will probably buy them anyway. Admit it!  :P

Tags: