Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV figures out!?  (Read 37423 times)

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: CV figures out!?
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2007, 02:37:19 PM »
If Neca ever makes a cv4/simon's quest Simon, I can see them repaint him into a Simon's quest or a CV4 one.  The armor in cv4 and simon quest is similar to one another.

However, I don't think a repaint of a simon's quest or a cv4 one would work too well on the Simon figure that is out unless Neca replaces the existing shoulder pad with a more rounded one. as well as adding another one.

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2007, 04:09:28 PM »
Something was definitely lost during the molding/articulating/painting stages, because the prototype Simon looked excellent. I can't fault the artist for the fact the packaged figures turned out not-so-great...

I would have rather had a copy of the unpainted, non-articulated original Simon sculpt than the finished figure.

At least then if I ever decided to paint it, I could do it properly.

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Wolfman
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2007, 05:59:51 PM »
In Reply To #64

This is pretty much always how it turns out.  The promotional photos are typically of figures of about twice the size they will be at retail, to show off all the attention to detail in the sculpt, and are carefully hand-painted to accentuate the sculpt and avoid any slopy lines between colors, etc.  When the figures are scaled down for mass production, sculpting detail is lost, and the paint aps are done more quickly and with less care to keep production time and costs down.

TeknoGothyk

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2007, 12:33:33 PM »
So...does anyone know when Big Bad Toy Store is getting the figures in? Or better yet does anyone know of any sites that still have the Succubus figure?

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2007, 07:41:31 PM »
In Reply To #64

This is pretty much always how it turns out.

Offline infinitysend

• Awards
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2007, 02:20:51 PM »
Hey guys, this is Infinity's End from your sister site, The Metroid Database.  I joined this forum to tell you guys my story.

I just recently purchased the Succubus figure off of Amazon for $15.  As I'm sure many of you already have noticed, the Succubus has an "addition" to the top of her corset.  Being familiar with how censorship works in this country, I'm sure the original sculptor was just trying to stay true to the artwork, but some big shot head had to come in and say no no no, cover 'em up.  Even the artwork on the back, which features all 4 figures, shows her with a more revealing chest!  (It was almost like they were trying to TELL us something)  So, since I'm not a big collector or anything, I had no problems opening up the box.  Her additional top is very obvious that it was a last-minute decision.  So I pulled out my trusty ol' exacto knife and slowly pushed off the top part.... 

Wheee, I have nipples!

Unfortunately as you can see, there were pieces of paint that came off when the piece popped off since it was glued on.  (they obviously do not want you to remove it)  I pulled out my flesh-tone paint and covered up the spots.

Yeah it's not exactly the same tone, but whatever, I'm happy with it.  You can barely tell unless you're looking up-close.  And it certainly looks better than it did.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with the figure.  She's definitely sexy, and after "modding" the figure a tad, she's very close to the original source material!  I can't say I like the 3 other figures as much as this one, which is why I only bought Succy.  I hope you enjoyed my little story!

(Don't forget folks, this is America, so anything that has to do with a nipple instantly means boobies, which instantly means sex, so you can't let any children see it!  Because SEX, boobies, and nipples are OFF LIMITS until you're 18!!)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 02:24:13 PM by infinitysend »

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2007, 02:20:10 PM »
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 02:22:18 PM by Thaddeus »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2007, 03:17:49 PM »
Because all of the figures come with subweapons for Simon. Dracula even has subweapons, which of course, aren't his.

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2007, 03:22:20 PM »
Because all of the figures come with subweapons for Simon. Dracula even has subweapons, which of course, aren't his.

Oh I see.

I'm thinking about getting Succubus and modifying the figure to make a Chronicles Simon. (j/k)

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2007, 05:05:55 PM »
Oh I see.

I'm thinking about getting Succubus and modifying the figure to make a Chronicles Simon. (j/k)

Yeah, real funny. We all know Chronicles Simon is gayish but that was just.....wrong. To tell the truth, I actually like Chronicles Simon, at leat his outfit anyway.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2007, 08:03:19 PM »
In case you are kinda serious about making a custom Castlevania Chronicles Simon figure, Thaddeus, you can probably find some good tutorials on the web.  Red hair of the appropriate scale should be fairly easily to find among figures sold at mass retail, though getting something to approximate the softer Kojima face will likely be tougher.

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2007, 09:23:57 PM »
In case you are kinda serious about making a custom Castlevania Chronicles Simon figure, Thaddeus, you can probably find some good tutorials on the web.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2007, 11:29:27 PM »
Why are the succubus's nipples so high up?  I didn't know they had shitty boob jobs way back in the 1700's.

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2007, 11:31:30 PM »
In Reply To #74

That Trevor statue looks great.  If you do make a Chronicles Simon custom, please keep us up to date.

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2007, 01:13:14 AM »
Why are the succubus's nipples so high up?

Tags:

anything