Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Annette Renard? Slash or Op13?  (Read 12988 times)

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« on: November 24, 2007, 03:39:42 AM »
From IGA's Blog "IGALOG"
http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/igalog/entry/80.html

HAKASE - Q1:Are Maria and Annette sisters?
HAKASE - Q2:Is BGM of stage4' a "slash"?

IGA - A1:It is a profile of XX. I adopted the profile of the rondo. It becomes a content confirmed to the PC engine staff when the nocturne in the moonlight (SOTN) is produced.
IGA - A2:Yes, Slash. I confirmed it to those who composed. Sound track CD was a mistake.

HAKASE - Thank you.
HAKASE - Neither Maria nor Annette are sisters. Only, only XX is a profile of sisters. The name of Annette Renard is a mistake. "XXMaria" is not "Renard. "
HAKASE - stage 4'BGM - "Slash." Old Sound track CD of an rondo was a mistake. The name of a song of the "Dracula Battle Perfect Selection" was a mistake.
HAKASE - OK?

A lot of people were misunderstanding it.
Even Castlevania Dungeon also.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 05:10:32 AM by KOUTEI »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Annette Renard? Slash or Op13?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 04:10:10 AM »
Exactly as I stated.

Rondo is the "correct" version. Annette and Maria are not sisters.

Thanks Koutei.

- John

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 03:03:04 PM »
Slash is the correct name of the track for Stage 4', and Opus 13 is the correct name of the track for Stage 5' and Peke. Even the original Rondo game's sound test (emulate it if you want to check it out) has the names right.

The Dungeon is wrong, the Rondo soundtrack on there isn't even the same tracks. I stated this when the re-release of the Rondo soundtrack came out that I bought, the track names are the right order as the dungeon, but the tracks themselves are reversed for Opus 13 and Slash. Also, the tracks are different on the Dungeon. Like Bloody Tears fading out instead of finishing off with a beat, there shouldn't be Dracula's laughing before Dance of Illusions, Vampire Killer has a definite end instead of fading out, etc. There's plenty of differences between the Rondo soundtrack on the Dungeon and the real one.

I notified Kurt about this way back in the day. Don't know if it was ever intended to be fixed. As for Dracula Battle, I don't physically have the soundtrack, so I can't say.

BTW, a few of the folks around here and I have made high quality MP3s and OGGs of every soundtrack we could physically get our hands on. They were on my ftp server but it died.

As for Annette, well it's up for debate.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 03:05:41 PM by Elby Damned »
----------------------------------------------------
Check out Elbryan42's Doom Depot! Check out the Doom 64 TC and download some Doom music.
http://doomdepot.doom2.net/

Steve

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 04:53:06 PM »
As for Annette, well it's up for debate.

*head explodes*

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Wolfman
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 05:13:38 PM »
In Reply To #4

I see "HAKASE" extrapolating a lot more information from IGA's response than really seems warranted.  I'm not saying that Maria and Anette ARE sisters (I really don't even care, because I can understand it isn't important), but all IGA said is that he followed the original Rondo profiles when Nocturne in the Moonlight was produced.  IGA does not dismiss the DXX profile, nor does he really state that Maria and Anette aren't or couldn't be "sisters," or that "Anette Renard" is a mistake.  All of that is interpretation on the part of this HAKASE person.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 05:27:33 PM »
If next IGA answers HAKASE, this will be proven.
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 09:44:36 PM »
Please forgive my ignorance, and I am a COMPLETE 'tard, but...who's Hakase? :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 11:01:04 PM »
My Japanese is crap, but the translation I got from IGA's post was:

"Thank you for coming to the event. <something about art in Osaka>. Although Maria and Annette are sisters in XX for the Super Famicom, the relationship (setup) in PC Engine version is the valid one (validated). When Nocturne was made, it was confirmed by the PC Engine staff."

Then he goes on to say to talk about "Slash".

So basically I read that to mean that the PC Engine relationship is the valid one, and the XX relationship is the invalid one.

Whether this convinces Wolfman Jake or not is another matter entirely....

- John
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 11:02:38 PM by Kensuke »

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 11:12:34 PM »
In Reply To #8

Convince me of what?  I don't care whether or not Maria and Annette are sisters.  IGA's answer, as translated in the first post of the topic, doesn't disambiguate that matter at all.  It doesn't matter, and is NOT an important plot point at all.  It certainly isn't reason to lable DXX as "non-canon" since the relationship between Maria and Annette has no bearing whatsoever on what happens in SotN.  Why does that fact frustrate you so much, Kensuke?

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 11:22:02 PM »
Look, it got several plot elements wrong...so why do you want it kept in canon? They can't both be right. IGA already said what the correct version is.

So if it's not right on several counts...and there ARE two iterations of the game that DO get it right (Rondo and DXC) how and why can it be canon?

You're asking me why does it piss me off so much (it doesn't), so I'll ask you why you want to salvage that game?

If it makes you feel any better, I tried to find a way to salvage Legends before it became abundantly apparent to me that major surgery would have to be done on the game before it could fit in the timeline (though I still stand by my opinion that Sonia could be somehow saved).

- John

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 11:27:49 PM »
Please do not bring the discussion about the XX canon law in.
It deviates from this topic.
Please go by other topics.

In Reply To #7
HAKASE is a questioner. It is a free handle name.
It is a guest.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 02:26:39 AM by KOUTEI »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 12:20:22 AM »
伊賀キヤノンxxを検討するわけではありますか?

ご自分の貧しい日本の言い訳します。

---

Does Iga consider XX canon?

Please excuse my poor Japanese.

- John

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 12:55:26 AM »
In Reply To #12

That's not the best way to ask the question, though.  It's quite leading, and something is bound to be misconstrued in translation.  IGA will of course say the Rondo details are prefered for his timeline, but that's not exactly what is being contested.  What you should ask is if Dracula XX is an alternative to Rondo, a la Castlevania/SCV4/X68000, or even more generally, what is the deal with Dracula XX anyway?

Quasar

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 01:06:40 PM »
Bah. Do I have to change my fic now because of this? BTW I was going off the SoTN instruction manual, not the Dracula XX story. Maria's profile in that manual starts "As Richter's sister-in-law..."  :-\

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 01:20:30 PM »
In Reply To #14

Woah, I should have referenced the SotN manual far earlier.  It clearly states that Maria is Richter's sister-in-law and is "not a Belmont by blood."  Oops.  Of course, this will just be more fodder for those who believe only Japanese manuals and games are ever correct.

Tags:

anything