Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Where and when do you guys think the next game should take place?  (Read 9271 times)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Drac's Castle has been done to death and I think it would be cool if it took place between LOI and CIII chronicling the belmonts gaining they're godlike powers and going after other forces of darkness in they're eternal hunt to destroy the night. I think it'd also be cool if you got to use other weapons like in SOTN and COM in conjunction with the traditional whip.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Where and when do you guys think the next game should take place?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 07:46:42 PM »
dun dun dun! Alucard in Japan! Where he got his Arikado name!

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 07:55:43 PM »
I think it should be between Lament and Drac's Curse. They've got a lot of time in there. I think it would be cool to see Trevor's father as playable. I imagine a burly man, with a big beard, someone who could train a Belmont as great as Trevor. Then also, it would officially clear the Sonia/ Alucard crap. Hell, even if they keep Sonia as his mother, just as long as Legends doesn't exist.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 08:34:30 PM »
I would like to fight Dracula again in 1897.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »
A sequel starring Soleil/Soleiyu, dammit!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 10:54:35 AM »
A sequel starring Soleil/Soleiyu, dammit!

That would be nice!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 12:02:13 PM »
signature:

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 12:03:22 PM »

Yeah, something that takes place after LoI. And I think it's likely IGA will do just that. Unless he's going for the 1999 game already but I doubt it.

I also wanna play as Soleiyu. He needs his own game. Does anyone know what IGA says about Christopher Belmont and his son? I recently beat PoR and noticed Christopher isn't in the "Greatest five" dual crush move. Makes me wonder...

Also, I wanna go up against Elisabeth Bartley once more.. Maybe she had a daughter who must fight her mother or something clich

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 01:56:16 PM »
I don't think IGA has said much of anything about Chris or his son. I know the two Gameboy games are still in the official timeline, so maybe it just hasn't occurred to him yet.

If they were to do another Christopher game, I'd like to see a Dracula Densetsu Chronicles of sorts, like a complete overhaul of Adventure and Belmont's Revenge for the DS.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 12:59:36 PM »
I would like to see either the 1999 game or a game that takes place after DoS (just to see what happens to soma next).
Behold my power and tremble

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 08:43:44 AM »
I have a really big need for some Castlevania news!!!! It was said that the new DS game will be announced in Famitsu magazine in December, but that didn`t happen. And it is almost April 2008. I just want the title, synopsis a few screens or a trailer and release date that it is planned for. I need some news, now!

I don`t have any wishes for the game, I just want it to be very good, to have some new monsters, inteligently placed in different areas, and not just randomly.

I would play anything: 1999 game, another Soma game (with new very different plot) or something completely new.

Of areas I`d like some outside places first: woods with naked trees, swamp and underground cemetary for example. I`d like a Castle, but with a very different design, some twists.

I`d like to see much blood in the Castle, and I hope for Yamane`s music. Some remixes are always welcome. I want a darker game, not very colorful. I don`t want any funny dialogue or fuc***g anime all-happy characters or I will throw up. We need a mature game, not for kids.

I`d like the game to be very high quality game, a really good one - even if it is sacrificed in lenght/quantity of useless items etc. I hope they invest all the time necessary to make the game one of the best.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 09:25:49 AM »
In Reply To #11

The same wants almost everyone in here but as much new info you have, that much info has everyone else.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 03:31:07 PM »
The further away the game is from the modern times, the better. So, somewhere before cv3. Hell, he should make a game in 1445-1455 time frame to overwrite legends. :P

As for where, where else? In transylvania. Or alternatively all around Europe, having the Belmonts chase his shadow as he travels, eating other vampires' souls and converting them to power like he did to Walter.

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 01:56:05 PM »
for me a next game doesn't have to mean a whole new game. How about we re-re-revisit simon on his adventures?gh this time with the memory available on disk we could flesh out the graphics/size of the levels/story. Imagine huge levels withtons of npc interaction, instead of " simon goes and kicks draculas ass " we could have a story of  ahero rescuing people along the way, encounters with death and talks with some bosses and people trapped in the castle... I think it would be a nice idea for the main character to be able to mount and dismount a horse too to traverse the countryside. a little like epona or something only in 2 sidescrollingness
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 10:10:11 PM »
In a castle with zombies and skeletons, in the past.

Tags: