Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami/Dave Cox blacklisted IGN over LoS review score  (Read 9289 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Konami/Dave Cox blacklisted IGN over LoS review score
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2018, 10:14:25 AM »
^but we already know what it is.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2018, 09:17:18 PM »
And I can picture it now too  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2018, 04:12:39 PM »
It was bullshit and I even called that sorta BS out back then. Everybody was all, like, "West be the BEST!!!" and ragging on how effeminate all Japanese characters were. Remember that, how that was a huge negative thing? Man, I'm glad those days are over. Fuck that period!

Yeah, and it didn't help when you had guys like Inafune or even Kojima going on about the greatness of Western devs which of course the Japanophobes grabbed onto in order to validate their racist opinions. Karmic now that it's the West that seems to be having trouble.

Something kind of funny I noticed is how years ending in 7 seem to be turning points in the games industry. In 1997 we got FFVII and Symphony of the Night, two game that earned their place in gaming history, what with FFVII making RPGs the blockbusters of a generation and ushered an unprecedented golden age for Squaresoft while SOTN completely changed Castlevania and has inspired legions of imitators. Then 2007 is when we had a shift from Japanese dominance to Western what with titles like Bioshock and Mass Effect bringing PC devs to consoles and Nintendo having the Wii sell like mad. And now we have 2017 wherein there tons of Western dev stumbles but then Japanese studios picked up the slack with releasing titles that were not only far better than their Western counterparts, but also uniquely Japanese. And then of course you have the Switch going on a rampage to hot sales and critical acclaim (coincidence: one year anniversary).

Tags: