Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Why COMPLETED on-disc DLC is a bad idea  (Read 6187 times)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Why COMPLETED on-disc DLC is a bad idea
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/19/capcom-on-the-hunt-for-street-fighter-x-tekken-hackers/
This could've been avoided if the on-disc data for the DLC characters were incomplete (note that I take a neutral stance on on-disc DLC, as I do with most of the gaming-related drama that's been happening over the course of these years).
And LOL at Capcom trying to get the fanbase they've been screwing over to cooperate at first.

Just wanted to say. You should not take a nuetral stance on this. This is a horrible practice, way worst than day 1 paid dlc. Which, I myself, think is pretty deplorable.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 04:18:01 PM »
Yeah, but why bother when the stubborn green-eyed suits aren't gonna change their minds anyway? A lot of the game companies are too focused in trying to make a quick buck these days, instead of trying to win over dedicated fans that will benefit them in the long term.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 06:36:41 AM »
Capcom has been dead to me for about a year now. I'm actively boycotting all of their titles, but I sure am glad this game ended up being a clunker. Money well saved.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Tags: