Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
it would’ve been cool if the lords of the castles were Devil Forgemasters.

Cool but kinda nonsensical in-universe. Death states that only two Devil Forgemasters were made (Hector and Isaac), and while the idea of essentially using them as a potential back-in to the world of the living is useful, Death also seems to believe that they'd have to succumb to Dracula's Curse to be a worthy vessel; Hector restrained himself at the last minute, which was why Death had to use Isaac as the backup option. Hector himself transmuted the curse itself into "something small" and "harmless" upon defeating Dracula, meaning there's effectively no curse for a Devil Forgemaster to succumb TO any longer, so that's a means of resurrection that's no longer practical. Further, Dracula learned firsthand that a Devil Forgemaster suffused in and able to transmute and repurpose his powers is a HUGE flight risk after Hector's role in killing him twice. I doubt he would have ever made a Forgemaster ever again, choosing instead to find alternate means to craft generals and invoke cursed legions of darkness.

That being said, I could see him adapt the process by which Forgemasters were made to another purpose, maybe instilling some of his power in favored monsters to make them stronger and have a lesser form of Dominance over their weaker brethren, serving as leaders. Bosses, if you will. And perhaps, with some iteration, he figured out how to give them enough to be useful, but not so strong as to be a threat or a hindrance if they betrayed him, and made ENOUGH of them that... perhaps if some well-meaning hero came along and unknowingly freed the fragments of Dracula's power from their mortal coils... it would coalesce into enough of him to serve as a vessel and a means to ensure his resurrection.

Perhaps.
General Castlevania Discussion / Apophis is coming in 2029
« Last post by crisis on Yesterday at 09:39:34 AM »
This is interesting but, it’s still kind of useless information. What would really get me aroused is a playable demo of Akumajo Dracula PS3/360. We know it got passed the FMV trailer that we’ve all seen, there have been motion capture actors that were on record saying they did a few days to a week worths of work on scenes from this cancelled game, which leads me to believe a very bare-bones demo was conceived at some point.

No one would have ever predicted a Castlevania: Resurrection demo would be leaked, decades after the fact no less, so there’s still a possibility that this Akumajou Dracula demo might be leaked one day.
Fan Stuff / Re: Castlevania ReVamped - New Fan Game Out Now!
« Last post by SabinFigaro on April 21, 2024, 07:07:12 AM »
This looks dope! Any chance of a switch homebrew version?. Portability for quality fangame like this would be insane. Still wish LC2 would come to switch.
Fan Stuff / Re: CHRONICLES OF THE WOLF
« Last post by RichterB on April 20, 2024, 07:42:56 PM »
Just want to give a composer update that I have completed the main OST for the game and it has been mastered once again by my dear friend Danny Horvath (he also mastered LC2 and Wallachia).

Writing and recording this soundtrack has been an insanely difficult process due to the size of it, my desire to perform as much of it by hand as possible, additional work I did on story and pixel art and difficult life events.

I have just one bonus thing left I'm working on that should leave the final file count at 160 tracks.

A lot of the delays for this game have been on me and for that I apologize.

But as difficult as it has been it has also been an intense labor of love and I'm relieved that I don't have to worry anymore about my computer dying or losing anything.

Thanks so much everyone for your patience.

Things will start moving faster now!

There has been a movement away from really involved soundtracks in games (like what's happened with Zelda). That has disappointed me, and this seems like the exact opposite of that. I wouldn't expect anything less since the music was a highlight of Lecarde Chronicles 2, so I am looking forward to the soundscape. I want to feel the moody apprehension of entering an area, and I want to bob my head as I explore and overcome. (I find myself humming the taxidermy boss theme at times.) Words almost can't describe how much I am looking forward to this game. I hope the wait isn't too much longer. But I appreciate the care being taken, and I would rather have quality over expediency. I get the feeling there won't be a lot of games like this one for a while. Wondering if this is a summer title now, though.
Looks like someone found out how to use the Konami Code in Legacy of Darkness to unlock all the characters from the start.  Anyone else know about this before by any chance?

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/04/random-25-years-on-fans-find-new-konami-code-in-castlevania-legacy-of-darkness

I keep wishing that they'd give us codes to unlock characters from the beginning for all these games that they rerelease.  I don't want to spend the time beating the game "again" on a new console so that I can play as the character I want to play as.  At least for LoD I know I'll get to start playing as anyone I want at the start now if they ever get around to re-releasing it.
Fan Stuff / Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017
« Last post by Aceearly1993 on April 17, 2024, 04:06:34 PM »
https://github.com/katriellucas/lecarde-2/releases/tag/v1.4.7

I'm extremely sorry but the text format had been changed yet another time, Minor but necessary to let it not bugged after the inclusion of capability to change language in the midst of stage exploring.

As a side effect to this, I cannot guarantee if the item pickup display window fits 100% on every other language like in pre-1.4.6 versions. (Now all languages must use the same item pickup display text box size for compatibility reason)
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: Yet Another Castlevania Add On
« Last post by C Belmont on April 15, 2024, 01:56:54 AM »
I really love this games take on Simon, it looks like he isn't a playable character though which is such a shame. I want to play a new Castlevania game where you play as a badass vampire killing barbarian so badly.
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: Castlevania Redrawn
« Last post by crisis on April 14, 2024, 04:30:51 PM »
I like passion projects like this, Castlevania has so much lore that you can get lost in it & have cool experiences. Would love to see more like this!
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: Castlevania Redrawn
« Last post by GuyStarwind on April 14, 2024, 01:37:05 PM »
This is pretty cool.
Fan Stuff / Re: Castlevania ReVamped - New Fan Game Out Now!
« Last post by nokundhi on April 13, 2024, 11:44:52 PM »
Thanks for the linux version; nice to not have to boot up Lutris for once.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
anything