Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Alucard in the 15th Century. :o  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: April 17, 2011, 10:43:01 PM »
In the 15th Century, Europe, there lived a person named Alucard.
And this is what I imagine he'd wear in the 15th Century.  This is based on a recent conversation.

What I did was, I looked at some time and place-specific outfits.  Alucard is wearing a Regal Winter cloak, and under it, a war gambeson over a studded black leather tunic.  As arm/leg armor, he's wearing silver gauntlets, and silver leg greaves.  Although they probably did not look a lot like what I drew, Romania did indeed make and wear armored leg greaves.

Enjoy!

Also, he ends up looking remarkably similar to Mathias this way. :o  At least, the way I drew him.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 10:58:34 PM »
Good on ya Jorge! That's an interesting take on Alucard  :)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Alucard in the 15th Century. :o
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 11:10:25 PM »
He looks like a peasant (commoner) version of Mathias from LoI.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 01:40:05 AM »
He looks a bit like a merchant, rather than a high class noble.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 03:55:49 AM »
You don't need to have fancy clothes or tons of jewelery to be recognized as a high class noble. Vlad didn't have much of that either and yet people knew who he was due to his deeds and birth statue; not by his fashion sense. Even Genghis Khan had little to no fancy trinkets as he had no need of them. Even though he was just an ordinary nomad living on the Mongolian plains, people knew who he was because he had made a name for himself through his deeds.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 10:27:45 AM »
So? Doesn't mean he doesn't look like a merchant more than a noble.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »
I dunno, I haven't seen very many merchants wearing leg armor. I'm sure banditry was a problem, but a guy in full-body armor doesn't really scream "I've got good things at great prices!"
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 06:05:40 PM »
That's pretty damn cool. Nice work.

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 07:34:27 AM »
Nice!

Tags: