Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: wreck-it ralph  (Read 9894 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 10:19:21 PM »
Is that actually a beholder though? Looks kind of like a cross between one and a Malboro from final fantasy. Also I think the chick on the left is just supposed to be a generic Dark Elf.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 12:02:51 AM »
so whos the blue skinned woman with the pointy ears?
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 06:25:26 PM »
+2
^ Like the guy above said, probably a dark elf. Her outfit makes it hard to tell, though.

It's a Beholder. Malboro doesn't have the giant middle eye, just one giant maw surrounded by hundreds of eyes. Disney supposedly said it's neither a Beholder nor Malboro, but they're probably just trying to dodge potential royalty fees past what they're already owing Sega, Nintendo, Capcom and Namco.

I was right about the robot. It's from Cyborg Justice (apparently the movie's made by a Sega fan). The rhino is from Altered Beast (Lord Neff).

As for the blue girl with pointy ears, considering this movie seems to favor the Genesis (in defense of Kano, MK was on the Sega consoles too), I'm leaning toward Mishaela from Shining Force with a slight outfit change:

Nothing in that scene appears to be generic except for the Cyborg Justice robot, but since Disney insists that's not a beholder, I wouldn't be surprised if they just insist that's a blue-skinned girl when really it's a dark elf (again, for some reason they think to say otherwise would be infringement).

On an unrelated note...
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:45:41 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 08:01:14 PM »
hmm I hope this movie on DVD/ Blueray comes with a popup triva then, that and i'll be dammned sure to be looking for all the cameos when this hits theaters in november
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 12:35:36 AM »
+1
^ Like the guy above said, probably a dark elf. Her outfit makes it hard to tell, though.

It's a Beholder. Malboro doesn't have the giant middle eye, just one giant maw surrounded by hundreds of eyes. Disney supposedly said it's neither a Beholder nor Malboro, but they're probably just trying to dodge potential royalty fees past what they're already owing Sega, Nintendo, Capcom and Namco.

I was right about the robot. It's from Cyborg Justice (apparently the movie's made by a Sega fan). The rhino is from Altered Beast (Lord Neff).

As for the blue girl with pointy ears, considering this movie seems to favor the Genesis (in defense of Kano, MK was on the Sega consoles too), I'm leaning toward Mishaela from Shining Force with a slight outfit change:

Nothing in that scene appears to be generic except for the Cyborg Justice robot, but since Disney insists that's not a beholder, I wouldn't be surprised if they just insist that's a blue-skinned girl when really it's a dark elf (again, for some reason they think to say otherwise would be infringement).

On an unrelated note...
(click to show/hide)

I gave you +1 for the lovely pictures.
Ruler of Chaos

Tags: