Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Just watched The Avengers...  (Read 4648 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 09:43:50 AM »
+1
It's been out in my country for 2 weeks.
Haven't seen it
:P

Everything comes full circle

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Just watched The Avengers...
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 07:47:16 PM »
+1
I plan on seeing it this Sunday. Really excited for it too! I've heard so many good things about it.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 09:49:02 PM »
+1
Great movie.  Lots of genuinely funny moments.
And yeah the Hulk rocks so much in this in so many (often unintentional) ways.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 03:23:58 PM »
Saw it last night, and it was awesome. Best part was
(click to show/hide)
Also
(click to show/hide)

The dynamic between Captain America and Iron Man was pretty great, but I wish the Captain got more screen time.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 01:07:29 AM »
Went back to watch it again last night - this time in 3D. While the 3D was grand and all, it was more the film itself that was engaging me - shows that the film can carry itself without gimmickry like 3D. Still though for what the 3D effects were, they were pretty darn fun in the fight scenes.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 06:26:21 PM »
I've avoided this thread like the plague, but now that I have seen the movie and the surprises I was told to keep a watch for I can say this is a great movie. Like a lot of recent Marvel films it has it's soft spots, my guess to build the story, but it picks up as expected and felt less slower than Captain America and Iron Man 1 and 2 (don't get me wrong I like all of these, but they do tend to have soft middles).

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 01:13:15 AM »
Watched it yesterday. Pure entertainment. Story makes about as much sense as a monkey by a typewriter.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags: