Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 190081 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 03:04:44 PM »
Just so you know, Obreck works on Mugen characters now. He went MIA on my game too a few years back. That guy is a deserter and doesn't even have the common decency to let anyone know either.
Well, you never know dude...maybe he had a run of badluck and has no internet, or family issues...you can never tell, I am fortunate to have my bud Warmachine stick with me on my project all this time. My advice would be just carry on, if coding seems to be a issue then switch to a easier program and restart from scratch. It sucks restarting, but if you find a tool or resource that is good for you and you don't have to depend on anyone else then you'll be making strides in no time! It's always touch and go trying to assemble people from the net. Unless, you have Nick Fury backing you up, anyone that has tried to start a huge fan-game or project experiences that once, twice, or more...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 06:11:54 AM »
Well, you never know dude...

Except, I do know. The guy is a complete hack.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 03:43:34 PM »
+1
Anybody who vanishes from a project for a year and doesn't even have the courtesy to tell his team and fans is a dumbass.

Anyone who believes that such a person after a year+ would suddenly REAPPEAR and be willing to rededicate himself to it is a BIGGER DUMBASS!

Anyone who feels that a person who actually DOES come back after a year of being MIA will actually be reliable is the BIGGEST type of dumbass.

................ any questions, folks?  :rollseyes:

The point: he's gone. Deal with it. Even if he did come back could you REALLY rely on someone like that?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:32:15 PM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 06:37:30 PM »
+1
lol Deal with it? He disappear about 6 years ago. I assure you that I've gotten over it. I'm just letting the people who are working on this game know that he's completely unreliable and should not be accepted back if he should return.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 07:27:53 PM »
Hmmm....yeah i'm not sure how to approach this situation either but i become somewhat involved in this conversation automatically  by being on a project with him aswell. In all honestynow adays many people are non responsive. He's not the only one. To be honest though i know where you are coming from Rugal, I believe you and a handful of other guys were involved in SVK,right? I can gripe with the fact that you guys had major involment in the game and really wanted to get it done and he left. I don't blame you for being upset but like darkman said maybe he had personal reasons. That is why i didn't quit on this project. I busted my ass thus far and i'm not quiting.Reiko has done a major amount of artwork too along with several others. However that error problem i mentioned on page 1 of this keeps happening.
ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: Game Start
for object MrD:

Error defining an external function.

But i do know it points to Mr.D's game start which holds this code(and yes i have all the plug ing)
//////////////////////
//GMFModSimple - Initialization
LoadFMOD();
FMODinit(1);
alarm[0] = 2
//////////////////////

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//Create the SXMS engine and have internal error checking enabled
//Make sure you have a "dummy" object called sxms before calling this
sxms_create(working_directory+"\SXMS-3.dll",1);
//Initialize the sxwamp functions
sxwamp_init();

sxwamp_output_load("sxwamp plugins/out_ds.dll")
sxwamp_input_load("sxwamp plugins/in_vio2sf.dll")
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sadly i don't know what that means. I think maybe i'm loading sprites that are too many animations,too big in size(mb's), or a music error and i'm thinking as of recent it has to do with the later. But i keep chipping away despite this error. It occurs from time to time after i save. If i get the error i can't run the game at all. I wish i knew what the hell was going on. I posted at yoyo forums 3 weeks ago and i didnt' even get one response back. I was actually considering pm'ing Theouagis because he works with game maker on a similar CV3 project. I really need to fix this problem once and for all to continue. Well if anyone has any good pointers please lemme know. I do know in order to finish this game i'll have to sit down and learn code which i plan on doing more so in the future. But i am level building heavily at the moment. Yeah Rugal it would be nice if Obreck came back and at least finished coding in these two games so both parties could finish if he doesnt' have the interest anymore. I'd be asking for way too much though! That's why i am doing my best to take initiative.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:53:17 PM by Las »

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 09:46:22 AM »
Well, I hope that you figure out that problem. A game crashes unknowningly is one of the sure fire ways of delaying a project and demotivating you. Maybe someone that is passionate about that "Obreck situation" will offer to look at your code and help you fix the issue...by the way Las, you didn't save interations of your game when it was stable? I was thinking you could just revert to your last build? Do you have a dropbox?

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 10:08:54 AM »
Yeah i recently found out and use dropbox but i didn't use it back in the day. A while back i had a virus and restored my pc. Everything seemed to work fine after, but i am not sure if a windows vista update did something either,cause then i started getting the issue from time to time. Other people seem to have similiar issue on yoyo forums. The problem is i don't know if anyone has found a solution, and it doesn't help people haven't responded to their replies, including mine. That was 3 damn weeks ago! I did hear one of the guys at the MKF forum mention to try using .ogg files instead of .mp3's and change the music scripts to see if that helps. Well i know where my error really lies, it's in the above mentioned code, and it has to do primarily with loading the game. SO i'm not actually sure if any of the files are actually even corrupt. I'm thinking the gmk is fine, not sure about the dll's. Then again it does run most of the time so the problem could lie elsewhere. One of the older members said he's gonna shoot me the last official obreck build. I am gonna try putting the dll and swamp plugins into that to see if it works ok. If it loads fine everytime with no issue i'll know it was just an issue with a dll somewhere. I am seriously hoping for a solution at some point. I don't know code well, so i am hoping i can take examples from other engines on the .ogg code, and maybe replace it with the code that was previously in the engine. That may help things out. I guess i'll have to wait and see.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:11:08 AM by Las »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 04:48:21 PM »
Yeah i recently found out and use dropbox but i didn't use it back in the day. A while back i had a virus and restored my pc. Everything seemed to work fine after, but i am not sure if a windows vista update did something either,cause then i started getting the issue from time to time. Other people seem to have similiar issue on yoyo forums. The problem is i don't know if anyone has found a solution, and it doesn't help people haven't responded to their replies, including mine. That was 3 damn weeks ago! I did hear one of the guys at the MKF forum mention to try using .ogg files instead of .mp3's and change the music scripts to see if that helps. Well i know where my error really lies, it's in the above mentioned code, and it has to do primarily with loading the game. SO i'm not actually sure if any of the files are actually even corrupt. I'm thinking the gmk is fine, not sure about the dll's. Then again it does run most of the time so the problem could lie elsewhere. One of the older members said he's gonna shoot me the last official obreck build. I am gonna try putting the dll and swamp plugins into that to see if it works ok. If it loads fine everytime with no issue i'll know it was just an issue with a dll somewhere. I am seriously hoping for a solution at some point. I don't know code well, so i am hoping i can take examples from other engines on the .ogg code, and maybe replace it with the code that was previously in the engine. That may help things out. I guess i'll have to wait and see.
Well you did say window's vista, that's probably part of the prob...lol Let us know how that idea of the obreck build works out...be sure to back that copy up before you mess with it!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 05:40:40 PM »
Yeah, it could be the coding used for the external music too. Not sure. But hopefully eventually it'll get solved.

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 07:29:15 PM »
lol Deal with it? He disappear about 6 years ago. I assure you that I've gotten over it. I'm just letting the people who are working on this game know that he's completely unreliable and should not be accepted back if he should return.

My post was not directed at you; but the fools who keep waiting for his return as if he is Jesus Christ.

And if it's honestly been 6 years (I doubt it has been that long), then anyone who believes he is coming back is beyond foolish; they are just plain stupid.

I really can't stand people who hype everyone up about their project, then vanish. The least they can do is have the courtesy to be honest and announce that they are leaving.  8)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 04:38:07 PM »
I agree with ESCO on that last part. Obreck should let everyone know he's no longer continuing the game, and adverstise to his team that someone on it must take it over. I asked around to get and ok, but by his MKF staff, i never technically did talk to him(it's been well over a year). He sounded like he had alot on his plate. I understand how things are today, not that i like i should  accept it or that i actually do. But something is troubling society as a whole and it isn't good. Communication skills!!!!!!....yep that's it. It lacks good communication skills necessarify for LIFE as we know to continue in a positive manner for all. I can't tell you the number of times i tried contacting someone, whether it be on a site,forum, or simply picking up the phone to call a friend. And get NO RESPONSE!!!! SHeeeiittt!! There is nothing more annoying!!! I feel like my time is being wasted. I understand people got shit going on, but yeah i agree some common decency to let others know what is going on. THat is just plain and simple morals. It's to be expected. And yeah i mean right here on planet earth.

I read a post a while back, ESCO was talking on about a guy doing artwork and started but then bailed and it had been six weeks. Not that it's a good or positive thing, but he has the right to blast people who just waste his time. Why say you'll do something and make little to no commitment to a project, then bail. That is pretty lame to do so. People should just save face and be a fan of a project, and have no commitment if they are not for real on the project. Just think about it like this. Lets' say someone made a game and it got viewed by a major company. Let's say another guy works on a game but stops. Now if both games are solid and top notch. But one guy finishes his product and the other guy's project sits on a shelf. WHo is the more likely hire? Do you see what i mean. So far when talking projects, alot of attention has to be drawn to people like ESCO and Serio who are continoulsly still working  on their projects,and though not complete, seem to have every intention on getting their games complete(continiously ongoing). On the one hand, Rugal has a point, you can't just deal with it. It doesnt' work that way, It's upsetting. The work,time,dedication he and his fellow gamers put into it, only to have it sit their. If you were his shoes you'd feel the same way. But with that being said, maybe sitting down to learn Game maker and continueing the project to it's completion would be the best thing for you Rugal. I am not gonna sit by like SVK and watch SCV3 sit on a shelf, not if i can help it. Several of us have worked hard and dont' wanna abandon it. Maybe with all due luck at some point we'll have enough coded in that you can finish making your SVK game. Sadly i dont think the two systems are the same, but then again they may follow a similar pattern. So maybe it's possible. If we complete our game i will glady dish our engine off to the SVK members only, unless Obreck oks it otherwise for open source reasons. This way i'm not exposing his code if he doesnt' want me too, and those guys who already worked with him on SVK can maybe complete their game. It's just a thought, though nothing will happen until our game is fully coded and ready to go for our teams sake unless they ok it. Also did you SVK members as around for gml coders to help you? Try yoyo forums.You may have to be very,very persistent to find dedicated team members. BTW ESCO, i think what you've done so far for alucard is amazing. Keep up the great work! You should considering keeping his cloak that color for one of them anyways the colors are cool!

-Also for the record i hold nothing against Obreck. I've had some pretty indepth conversations with the guy and he seems like i very nice guy, not too mention a very awesome coder. On that regards i give him props. And for the record he did have personal things going on,which out of respect for him i won't mention. But yes i agree with Rugal, he should learn to get back to people and respond in a timely fashion.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:48:26 PM by Las »

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 11:16:57 AM »
we need to show these guys some of our updates. it has been a while since we last did.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 11:25:15 AM »
we need to show these guys some of our updates. it has been a while since we last did.

By all means, do that.  :)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 11:53:26 AM »
+2
Ok while this is a bit premature, we do have the doors fixed as of now(with red boardering rectangles around them, thanks to help from LC). But i haven't gotten a chance to sit down and make a video yet. I can do so but i'd like to be able to remove the red boarder first or it will look a tad akward. Well please enjoy the older video for now of the new Mad forest revamp before i update it. Here you go:
Mad Forest Revamp still WiP
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:59:26 AM by Las »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 06:17:43 PM »
The town, machine tower, and Castlevania in the background is a fantastic idea. ::cookie::
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything