Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia *** NO SPOILERS  (Read 554755 times)

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: NEW Castlevania for DS (And probably Wii)!!
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2008, 04:54:52 PM »
Saying that it is a fact that men are naturally much better fighters than women is not sexist.  It's just nature.  With some species the female is better for fighting, but with humans, it's males.  I know there are exceptions, but I am saying that overall men are VASTly better suited for this kind of thing.  Maybe that has a hand in the Belmont's father to son approach.  I mean we KNOW that is how it is passed down.  that was established within the first 5 or 6 games.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Soma Cruz

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2008, 04:55:09 PM »
What I am really most hopeful for is for IGA to abandon that whole "Castlevania is for kids too!" BS that we saw in DoS and PoR. The art style, and overall game difficulty severely suffered because of that choice. This new art seems to be much more serious, which I hope is reflected in the game play as well.

Soma

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2008, 04:57:32 PM »
I do love the idea though for this character.  Being raised to be the orders primary weapon.  When magic is involved it can be male or female.  That's why the Belnades can be either gender, even though they are always female.  The Belmont's tend to use natural strength and weapons over magical abillites.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2008, 05:00:38 PM »
You know, this character could be a Belnades. Yoko and Sypha were both servants of the Church, so OoE could shed some light on their history if Shanoa is one of them.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

SonOfBelmont

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2008, 06:00:35 PM »
I hope that is just the beta but for some reason it doesnt seem appelling to me...go that hunch you know?

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2008, 06:58:20 PM »
Yeah Sypah's setup story is similar.

Shanoa Belnades... has a nice ring to it anyways.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline ReyVGM

• Game Endings Master
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2008, 06:59:15 PM »
When it comes to 2D games, the end product usually ends up looking better than the pre-release screenshots.
In 3D games is the other way around, the companies show you these gorgeous screenshots and the final game looks nothing like it.

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2008, 07:42:48 PM »
I'm curious how this story is going to play out.  I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the main lead is in fact, going to be a female.

As for how the picture looks, I remember most of the DS Castlevania games looking like 'crap' in pics but ended up looking quite nice on the DS.

I'm honestly interested to see what this title is about. Hopefully we'll have the KGD tomorrow. (Thursday)
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2008, 08:27:25 PM »
Wow. Finally I can be sorta excited that a new DS Castlevania is on the way!

AND THANK GOD THEY DUMPED THE STUPID ANIME LOOK!

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2008, 08:34:49 PM »
No KGD today?

:-[

THE LIES!

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2008, 08:59:11 PM »
Okay seriously the recycled sprites are getting old.  It's not even funny anymore.  That merman is over a decade, A DECADE, old.  And let's not even get into the realm of recycled sprites that are actually edits of OTHER sprites that are MORE THAN A DECADE OLD (RoB, what, 15 year old sprites?!??).  Graphically, the Castlevania series has been SUCH a huge let-down.  Honestly, to whoever said, "Why do you guys complain so much?  Do you even like this seris anymore?", I'm seriously starting to consider it.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2008, 09:14:57 PM »
In Reply To #56

I would say the constantly reused sprites are testament to the talent, or lack thereof, of the current sprite artists.

We've seen their new enemy designs, and they just kinda suck. Except for bomber armor (POR) :D

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2008, 09:16:25 PM »
Maybe they should move to the PSP. The enemies in DXC looked pretty good, and the enhanced version of Rondo was excellent.
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2008, 09:18:04 PM »
Maybe they should move to the PSP. The enemies in DXC looked pretty good, and the enhanced version of Rondo was excellent.

DXC was the enhanced version, what r u talking about.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2008, 09:20:47 PM »
Well, I meant the enemies were great, and the game was great. Of course, they only just had to build off Rondo.

Tags:

anything