Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Please support Wayfoward so they can make the next Castlevania.  (Read 18766 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: Please support Wayfoward so they can make the next Castlevania.
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2013, 01:01:08 PM »
As well as damage sponge enemies and constant arena battles. Like I said, in 2D games, if they aren't arcade brawlers(with the tilted ground that allows walking in multiple directions, like Double Dragon, TMNT, Final Fight and such), locking in characters should NEVER be an issue. There should be no arena sections unless for two exceptions:

1. Boss rooms.
2. Elevator/lift sections(some Mega Man games, as well as Splatterhouse, among others, do this).

THAT should be a rule!
I completely agree with this. I got totally bored when I got stuck in a full 2D room until I defeat everything in there.
That did not prevent me from enjoying certain games, but I would change that right away if it depended on me.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Pumpkin Glow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (PS2/XBOX)
Re: Please support Wayfoward so they can make the next Castlevania.
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2013, 10:59:01 PM »
WayForward did Aliens Infestation, which IMO is the closest anybody has ever gotten to replicating the gameplay and feeling of Super Metroid.

I love how the combat in Infestation becomes deeper as the game progresses.  for example, you have to use left trigger for more precise aiming because the aliens start to crawl on the ceilings.  and the cats! oh god the cats!  Wayforward knows how to pay homage. moms spaghetti
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:11:40 AM by Pumpkin Glow »
Laugh to spar. Cry to fight.

Tags: