Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1815736 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania 3DS confirmed(?) Castlevania: Mirror of Faith
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 10:02:39 AM »
Can you link us to that thread please?

That pic is like a year old (right around the time the Mercurysteam 3DS rumor started appearing) it's buried in the Lords of Shadow thread somewhere.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2012, 10:04:51 AM »
Of course it's going to look worse than it would on a console; it's a handheld game. That didn't stop God of War: Chains of Olympus, MGS Peace Walker, Resident Evil Revelations, or Final Fantasy Type-0 from being made. Cast off Stage 1: Denial. Move on to Stage 2: Anger.
Of course not. I've played all these games btw, and they are really good.

But a 2D/2.5D game would make more sense in a portable like the 3DS. 2.5D with 3D on can be really cool if used right.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2012, 10:05:23 AM »
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474923

I usually play my 3DS games with the 3D off (except Mario 3D Land), but I'm hoping the 3D works well with Castlevania.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2012, 10:05:38 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474923

EDIT: Well, fuck you OSM! =(

EDIT2: I never even used 3D once. I think 3D is a novelty, not a necessity.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:07:28 AM by Maedhros »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2012, 10:06:45 AM »
We can all agree that MS is a powehouse in graphics, I can't wait to see how they will squeze the power of this handheld and levae everyioone with the jaw on the floor.

Trevor Belmont as prtagonist? I'm sold.

Incredible, MS did what IGA couldn't and we were clamoring for years, the CVIII remake/reimagining.

Can't wait.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »
+2
It's either Trevor or Alucard. I think Alucard sounds more likely, but Trevor would be awesome. It sounds like this game could be a big throwback to Dracula's Curse and Symphony of the Night.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2012, 10:10:21 AM »
+2
Cannot wait I not going to be all aww man it's by "them" or something. I am just down for a good game that is all I can ask for till I see more my body will not be ready.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2012, 10:10:43 AM »
+5
Holy shit so much senseless butthurt over a game that WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YET.

Can we PLEASE hold off on the Cox/MS/whoever bashing AT LEAST until we know a bit more about the game?

Please?

Yes I know it's hard to contain the fan rage within, but seriously. Even LoS Topics have less bashing, and at least there one can list legit reasons based on a game we have already played.

Jesus...

As for my own opinions here, well the name doesnt sound too bad, sounds no less silly than some of the titles we've gotten before. We'll have to see how it relates to the plot.

I dont have a 3DS, since after Legends 3 was cancelled I saw no reason to buy one, Ill wait and see how this game turns out before I decide on buying one.

I hope we still get a console sequel though. I'd hate to see the franchise relegated to handhelds again.

(plus, y'know, I HAVE a 360... >_>)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:12:29 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2012, 10:11:59 AM »
Trevor and Alucard?

I want Sypha and Grant too then. :D

EDIT: Flame, I 100% agree with you on the bashing stuff. C'mon guys, let's wait a bit before saying anything like that.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2012, 10:12:07 AM »
I would prefer Alucard but I could see Trevor being a new version unique to the Lords of shadow universe.. Since he is a beltmont he is half vamprie like his father Gabriel....

so Trevor in a sense could be the alucard of new and further explain why the Belmont's are not your everyday people.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2012, 10:12:15 AM »
Holy shit so much senseless butthurt over a game that WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YET.

Can we PLEASE hold off on the Cox/MS/whoever bashing AT LEAST until we know a bit more about the game?

Please?

Yes I know it's hard to contain the fan rage within, but seriously. Even LoS Topics have less bashing, and at least there one can list legit reasons based on a game we have already played.

Jesus...

I hope we still get a console sequel though. I'd hate to see the franchise relegated to handhelds again.

(plus, y'know, I HAVE a 360... >_>)

So much people in one spot I am all giddy and stuff a super lively thread oh yes!!!  :D Oh and +1 for that comment Flame
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:14:21 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2012, 10:13:33 AM »
Just want to remind everyone to still take everything with a grain of salt. I'm very inclined to believe everything the guy told me now though, but you never know.

Hoping the game runs at a smooth framerate and doesn't share any of the issues MGS3D had. Konami needs a good 3DS game in their library.

You have yet to prove this source of yours, while someone on NeoGaf has given the existence of a 3DS Castlevania game merit as he too has confirmed he has heard things from a source that sort of merge with what we're hearing about this. The difference being if it'll be 2D or 3D.

EDIT: And if I recall right, didn't you say your source came from 4chan? o:

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2012, 10:14:39 AM »

Incredible, MS did what IGA couldn't and we were clamoring for years, the CVIII remake/reimagining.

Whoa, whoa, hold your horses there, we dont know that fir sure yet. Konami guy's predicitions seem to be true here, but Im still taking them with some salt. I suggest you do too.

That said, it would be neat if they actually managed to deliver that.

EDIT: And if I recall right, didn't you say your source came from 4chan?

half the game leaks and "predictions" come from 4chan.

It's just a matter of which ones turn out to be true or not.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2012, 10:14:56 AM »
+9
The IGA bashing needs to stop, too. That's been going on for even longer.

Personally I prefer pixel/sprite games for 3DS and 2.5D for Vita. But whatever.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
Trevor would probably end up using Alucard as his name in this game. Like what Adrian did.

Tags: .....? 

anything