Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1816007 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania 3DS confirmed- Castlevania: Mirror of Faith(fate?)
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2012, 11:01:17 AM »
lol Konami
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania 3DS confirmed(?) Castlevania: Mirror of Faith
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2012, 11:02:34 AM »
Well, if Cox says it false it's probably not just the title of the game being spelled wrong. So I'd say we should not yet consider this confirmed.

Well he's not gonna say it's true since it's not supposed to be revealed yet. It might just mean that not all the info is exactly accurate, maybe it changed platforms to vita, maybe it's not trevor and it's alucard as the main chracter...etc...

Bits of info out there might be wrong.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2012, 11:02:42 AM »
+1
Well, if Cox says it false it's probably not just the title of the game being spelled wrong. So I'd say we should not yet consider this confirmed.
Not at all in defense of that anonymous's rumors, but Cox isn't exactly known for telling the truth.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2012, 11:03:46 AM »
Not at all in defense of that anonymous's rumors, but Cox isn't exactly known for telling the truth.

and again why would he say it's true? It's not supposed to be revealed yet!

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2012, 11:06:19 AM »
+1
So, Cox is working on Lords of Shadow 2 and a handheld title? At the same time?

Christ, Konami really does think he's going to be their ace in the hole now concerning the franchise, huh?

He believes he was telling the truth. The rest of us knew he was full of bullshit.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2012, 11:06:54 AM »
+2
Eh, Cox only lied in order to make his game sound better than it really was. He has no reason to lie now. Besides, I think it would have been smarter if he would have said "no comment" or just ignored it.   

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2012, 11:07:25 AM »

Perhaps he's saying what Konami was saying: the name of the title is wrong. The rest is true, otherwise Konami would not have taken it down.

They took down Harmony of Despair leaks, if you remember.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2012, 11:09:19 AM »
Yeah, but I'd still say one would not use the terms "wrong end of the stick" and "misinformed" just because of a misspelling. But we'll see.   

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2012, 11:09:33 AM »
+1
False. They don't restricts games from being 2D or 3D. There's a lot of 2D games on 3DS already, retail even.

Then you should have no problem listing them. Keep in mind 3DSware title don't count, they are under different regulations from Nintendo entirely. First party titles from Nintendo also are immune to restrictions. Please do list the remaining. There are at times very specific allowances for 'games' that don't quite qualify in the traditional sense, but perhaps make use of the current console gimmick in a way traditional games cannot or do not typically.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2012, 11:09:44 AM »
May 21, 2012, 11:09:44 AM - Hidden.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2012, 11:10:52 AM »
Sorry CastleDan, poor use of words. I think "more ideal than it really was" is better. 

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2012, 11:11:41 AM »
+2
better than it was? It was a length adventure, it was pretty robust, had great graphics, nice voice acting, and was critically accepted compared to the other 3d castlevanias that came out.

I don't think he lied too much, I think it's just iGA fans being butthurt that we aren't getting over the top anime plots anymore lol

I'd prefer those plots over the childish plot twist the game imposes at the end of the game. That was absolutely atrocious.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2012, 11:13:31 AM »
I don't think he lied too much, I think it's just iGA fans being butthurt that we aren't getting over the top anime plots anymore lol
I didn't see much of Super Castlevania IV in Lords of Shadow besides the whip swinging and gloomy/dreary environments. He boasted that IV was his bible for LoS's development.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2012, 11:15:32 AM »
Sorry CastleDan, poor use of words. I think "more ideal than it really was" is better.

Again, it gets a bad rep for silly reasons imo.. It's the first Castlevania in 3d that actually has damn good level design. No copy and paste cop outs, and it went back to the more gritty mythical beefy nature of the originals and less of the romantic pretty boy vibe of the newer ones.  IMO of course...

Foffy-Eh, it was far more interestin' than a crimson stone plotline.......imo.....

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2012, 11:16:32 AM »
Then you should have no problem listing them. Keep in mind 3DSware title don't count, they are under different regulations from Nintendo entirely. First party titles from Nintendo also are immune to restrictions. Please do list the remaining. There are at times very specific allowances for 'games' that don't quite qualify in the traditional sense, but perhaps make use of the current console gimmick in a way traditional games cannot or do not typically.
From the top of my head, I remember Crayon Shin-chan (Japan Only), Cave Story 3D(has a 2D pixel mode in, but whatever). Adventure Time 3DS will be pixel art by Wayforward too. I'm sure there's more, I can't remember everyone.

Tags: .....?