Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1815830 times)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Castlevania: Mirror of Faith

- Mirror of Fate exists
- Made for 3DS
- Game is compatible with LoS2
- Not sure who is developing yet. The original leak says Mercury Steam but this may be false when taking into account Cox's comment on the rumor. The Paul Gale article also didn't want to reveal who is making it, suggesting it might be a suprise. Plus it contains a picture of IGA which might be a hint.       

- LoS 2 exists
- developed for PS3, Xbox360, Vita, WiiU
« Last Edit: Today at 12:25:27 PM by Nagumo »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:02:12 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania 3DS confirmed(?) Castlevania: Mirror of Faith
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 08:46:50 AM »
+4
Now I wait and hope for an announcement of a Vita Castlevania game and my life is complete.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 08:48:25 AM »
Wow, this sucks.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 08:48:33 AM »
Shit Just Got Real HD

I'm excited, because I have a 3ds but I convinced my brother to get a vita and he's a huge fan of the series so I'm really hoping the Lords of shadow sequel has a vita version....... I mean it'd be weird to leave the vita out right? So powerful....

3ds castlevania with 3d graphics will be sick though..

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 08:49:59 AM »
I won't understand the hate from this...

Does everyone actually appreciate the laziness of Iga's team? They recycle more than they created, half the areas in their most recent games are copy and paste box rooms over and over again. Lords of shadow wasn't perfect but it sure was far more creative and inspired as far as level design goes.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 08:56:03 AM »
No pic, no video, no nothing? I'm not sure it is real so far, but we'll get fixed ina  few weeks.

Time to buy a 3DS then (also for KH3D).

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 08:57:57 AM »
Everything is falling into place, just like he said it would.

Shit im scared now.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 09:00:43 AM »
Google translation, for those who don't read NL:

Konami has a big E3 surprise no secret to keep.

Konami is currently working on a 3DS-exclusive Castlevania game called Castlevania: Mirror of Faith. This is evident from the appointment schedule that Konami made ​​for this year's E3. After the highly successful Nintendo DS parts Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia Nintendo 3DS owners can therefore look forward to a brand new handheld adventure in the Castlevania series.

There is content and gameplay is nothing known of the game. The only thing currently known is that David Cox, producer of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and Enric Alvarez, Director / Writer of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, the game works.

Konami, the game at E3 this year, taking place from 5 to 7 June, officially reveal.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 09:03:22 AM »
+6
So much pessimism in this thread.  :rollseyes:

No one is excited to see a new handheld Castlevania title? We don't even know anything about it yet. Sure, it could end up being terrible and disappointing, but it could also be a blast. We just have to wait and find out. We don't even know what the game's style will be yet, 2d or 3d, game mechanics, story, etc. I'm staying neutral until I see something.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 09:07:47 AM »
+2
So much pessimism in this thread.  :rollseyes:

No one is excited to see a new handheld Castlevania title? We don't even know anything about it yet. Sure, it could end up being terrible and disappointing, but it could also be a blast. We just have to wait and find out. We don't even know what the game's style will be yet, 2d or 3d, game mechanics, story, etc. I'm staying neutral until I see something.

Can't really blame them for feelin that way. Lords burned alot of people and anything related to it(weather it be a 2D Metroidvania game or not) will be greeted with closed arms unless they REALLY like what they See.

If the leaker was right about the gameplay and such then Im more than excited for this unless Mercurysteam managed to screw it up badly.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 09:12:58 AM »

We don't even know anything about it yet. Sure, it could end up being terrible and disappointing, but it could also be a blast. We just have to wait and find out. We don't even know what the game's style will be yet, 2d or 3d
It's Cox and Lords' director; I assure you, it's not 2D. If this is true anyway, but it was all but expected.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 09:19:08 AM »
+3
Mirror of Faith is a dumb subtitle.

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 09:21:16 AM »
+1
I'll need to see more about this first before I make any judgements (if it is real). Just as long as it's not like too much like LoS, I'll be fine with it.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 09:21:43 AM »
+3
I was excited until I read the part about David Cox working on the game. Prepare for another Lord of the Rings spinoff.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Tags: .....? 

anything