Poll

Which Portable do you plan to support?

3DS for me please!
PSP2 (aka NGP) for me please!
Both of the above please --I'm rich!
No , not yet --too expensive.  I'm fine with current portables for now.
I don't do portables --I got smartphone, ipad games etc...
I don't do portables --next gen console please!
I don't know.  My mind was recently violated by a Dark Priest.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 3DS and PSP2 are drawing near... Command?  (Read 10962 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: 3DS and PSP2 are drawing near... Command?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, 02:43:03 PM »
So how is Steel Diver? It looks pretty interesting, but I've heard mixed opinions on it.

I actually really like Steel Diver, but it can be quite challenging.  Playing as the little sub is I suppose what  one could call 'easy mode', since the small sub can fire torpedoes forward as well as vertically.  The graphics are really really great.  I kinda with there was a "The DraculaX Chronicles" for 3DS now, since Steel Diver's mission mode is a 2.5D Sidescroller (with true 3D in stunning goodness).  Driving a large submarine in the small caverns is very challenging.  I've only done the first three missions and the training and it's quite tough.  Periscope Battle is far more fun if you stand up and spin (it's also a lot better since you're not using the stylus to maneuver yet another lever).

One of the coolest things about the 3DS is the out-of-the-box built-in game "AR Games", where you take a physical card, place it on a flat surface and the 3DS uses the camera to create stages out of it.  That's one of the things that's used up a lot of my time (I need to take breaks often though, haha).

My nephew and I were so impressed with AR Games, but we were also playing Pokemon Black on the regular DS, and we thought that Nintendo could totally rake in the cash if they took the Pokemon formula and used AR cards and had you battle out your moves in front of one another in glorious 3D with household objects as a backdrop.  Oh man, I would totally play that sort of thing.  It'd be the closest to having your Pokemon in the 'real world'. xD

Here's a video on the "Augmented Reality" Cards (AR Cards).  Once again, this features comes with the 3DS, so it's a build-in game.
Target Shooting Preview (Nintendo 3DS)

@Profbeanburrito:
PilotWings is better if you bring the 3D-Slider down to about halfway.  When it's in full 3D it's just too much and gives me a headache, but with just a slight 'touch' of 3D, it's quite nice.  Kinda makes me wanna play StarFox64.  Hahaha!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2011, 02:50:07 PM »
Is Super Street Fighter 4 any good? Every time I see that game I can't help but be impressed by the visuals, looks like the console version!
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 02:59:11 PM »
It's pretty much if you took the PS3 version and lowered the polygon count/texturing.

I actually got mad for a while 'cuz I accidentally put "Fight Request ON" before configuring my buttons, and entered Arcade Mode... and then promptly got challenged by random people twice.
I beat the first person (NO LAG, WHOOT), Vega VS. Ryu (I was Vega).  The 2nd match, which happened immediately after, was terribly laggy, and it was Vega VS. Akuma (I still picked Vega).  However, due to the lag and my buttons being incorrect, I did not do so hot.
Although the visuals are awesome, the framerate is not as silky smooth as the console versions.... but it's still damn impressive how great that game looks for it being a 3DS title (I'd say it's about 25-30fps?  Not sure).  The HUD is on the 3D 'foreground' so it's pretty cool.  It's like you're looking at your characters fighting through a window.

I have not turned on the 'behind the shoulder' mode, and don't think I will be doing that any time soon.  I'm not that great at the game and don't need another handicap tacked on top of that, haha.

It's a little of a cheap-yet-awesome copout to use the Touch Screen for Supers, however:
1. you can set your mode to 'PRO MODE' and it won't do that.  It'll just have four area buttons for default moves (Focus Attack, Personal Action, LP+MP+HP, LK+MK+HK), instead of 'LITE MODE' which you can personalize per character, and it will have stuff like "ULTRA" "SUPER" "SPECIAL" (per character, so you can actually assign a HadokenLP/MP/HP to a button).
2. when you fight online you can request to fight people who only use your same method of play (PRO or LITE), that way you don't fight spammers who just use the special move buttons for everything.  You know, in case you're worried about them being too good now that you don't actually have to press the buttons for the supers...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 03:18:05 AM »
I'm sure I'll get both, but I'm not in much of a hurry for either one. I just hope both systems have stronger libraries this time around...at least as far as things I want to play. (And it seems like games stopped coming out for the PSP just after it started getting good). I still have yet to get as much enjoyment out of a handheld as I do a console.

Also, the only way I'll buy the first iteration of the 3DS is if they release a CV during that time period. It's exciting that all of these publishers are throwing weight behind this handheld, but the only things that have me even halfway interested are Kid Icarus and Skyward Sword. Definitely can wait a while on those.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 04:44:57 PM »
I will get a 3DS when A) they release the inevitable new model with better battery life/more ergonomic design/a microwave oven, B) RE Revelations is out, as I'm always hankering for some old fashioned survival horror, and C) when it is confirmed that there is a better JRPG/Dating Sim : Every other genre ratio.

The NGP... I dunno. If it's just a handheld PS3, I guess that could be cool, but if it has the problem of very few worthwhile games that the PSP had, I'm skipping it. (also I'm fully expecting it to be 599 US Dollars)

Tags:

anything