Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: what areas would castlevania fan's like to see?  (Read 13954 times)

Steve

Re: what areas would castlevania fan's like to see?
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 12:20:50 PM »
Wow, your whole discussion connecting LoI to Dawn and AoS, has just opened up a big loophole of contridictory. lol. LoI clearly proves Satan's existence in the CV world, but DoS clearly states that Drac is the opposite of God, which in reality, and LoI, is Satan.

Uh, no.  There's no mention of Satan in Lament or any other game (except for a small mistranslation in Aria).

But then the whole story in LOI doesn't make any sense though. :-\

How could Mathias a mortal man who chose evil be god's opposite?

Mathias used the Crimson Stone to absorb the soul of a powerful vampire and gain eternal life, against God's will that all life must eventually end, as Elisabetha's did.  He then spent hundreds of years using the "power of dominance" to augment his dark powers with the souls of other demons, all while continuing to curse God, until he became fit for the title "Demon Lord."

This is all straight from the games.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2007, 05:42:41 PM »
Mathias used the Crimson Stone to absorb the soul of a powerful vampire and gain eternal life, against God's will that all life must eventually end, as Elisabetha's did.
_______________________________________ ______________

mgfcortez

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2007, 09:46:25 PM »

;) Just kidding MGF! I actually like a lot of the ideas you have in there. When is your game coming out?

I'd love to see an area where you're very high up in a huge room of the castle. You'd be creeping along this ledge around the ceiling, swinging on chandeliers to get from one point to another, and all the while, you can SEE how high up you are. The ceilings would be very finely detailed and it would totally play on the whole fear of heights thing some folks have. It'd be designed to make your hands sweat!

In Reply To #23

They did have a stable in Castlevania IV at the end of the 1st level. But I agree, a demonic horse and coach a'la Devil May Cry 3 would be pretty awesome!

well i had alot of stuff done on it before my old pc crashed :'(
i did have a engine i had made but it was never used for cursed blood.
it was my old sotn DS engine and had a long way to go.
but i most of my edits sprites and backgrounds and the engine.
i still have the 1st ver of the engine i put up for download of sotn but it isn't really useful as the one i lost.
but instead of building the sotn ds engine up again i plan to use super vampire killer and go from there.

but time is the biggest thing with most ppl when it comes to making there games.
so i won't get your hopes up because i don't have alot of time and i just started working on it again lately,i was so down for losing all my stuff i gave up for a long time.
just now got to where i want to start over,but now i plan to keep back ups even tho this is a brand new pc unlike the old POS i had before.lol
still you can never be too careful trust me on this :-\ 
i was thinking i might even save up some money and hire someone to make me a engine a real pro.
because i'm not a programmer i just can do a few things with gamemaker :P
and if i did pay i could have things like sotn had and make it a better game.

but as for the game its all about sotn back story, taking as much as what we know about castlevanias past then filling in the holes.
if you look at my signature pic in the frame you'll see a sprite of kid alucard i made:P
and i made a cartoon sprite set of kid darius belmont these are a few things that i had saved at least ;D
and i like your fear of heights stage but sounds like it'd be hard to do in 2d.
like showing how high up you are and stuff :P
and sorry for the other topic i get a little out there when talking about sotn it's my love ;)
shit i think about my game all the time even tho i don't get to work on it much at all.lol
thats one reason i might just pay to get an engine.
oh well b cool

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2007, 10:11:39 AM »
We need more outside of the castle areas period. Rivers, lakes, pirate ships, forests, towns, graveyards. More please!

Tags:

anything