Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 984234 times)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3300 on: May 23, 2018, 08:09:03 PM »
ah well backers still get it for free, its messed up they gotta wait, but thats the thing with codes like that, its very complex thing thats easy to mess up, especially considering they have to get codes from different companies and platforms, that takes a lot of organizing to do right.

anyways, it would be so messed up if IGA changes Bloodless's appearance in Ritual of the Night.  she better not look like her COTM version.

I would be so livid if they change Bloodless's appearance in ROTN.  she already looks literally perfect, a perfect balance of monster and beautiful woman.  I wouldn't want her to look like her COTM version, which is fine for that game, but in ROTN,  her design in the demo already matches grotesque erotica

IGA better not be concerned that ROTN Bloodless may be going "too far".   in a wiki, there was an interview that states IGA is considering changing her appearance, that would be so messed up, there's few ways she can look better, and countless ways she can look bad or less than how she is presented now.  If she's playable in ROTN she could be my favorite playable character, though I would guess only Boss Revenge mode would have her playable, but that's still better than what 99.9% Castlevania bosses get.   

usually when people tweak perfection, they look worse than their original version (just listen to how bad Liquid Snake sounds in the MGS1 remake, twin snakes, compared to the original Cam Clarke lines in the original MGS1, and both games have the same VA, but the 2nd attempt at the character really lacked the perfect performance and scripting of the original).

Bathin is so epic!   That boss should be in ROTN.   COTM Bathin COTM final boss and ROTN Bloodless are the greatest bosses seen currently overall.

itll be very interesting how the COTM bestiary that is included in ROTN, will look in 3D and stuff. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:11:00 PM by affinity »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #3301 on: May 23, 2018, 10:36:28 PM »
I'm enjoying the retro coolness. As awesome as every product that has IGA credited as on it.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3302 on: May 23, 2018, 10:39:39 PM »
Quick question, I've just selected my platform for the retro game... but it's behind deadline (work and lacking of checking every update), what happens?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3303 on: May 23, 2018, 11:07:15 PM »
My first impressions aren't great, although most of the problems have to do with playing on PC instead of console.  The keyboard controls are awful, although they are configurable.  I don't have a great controller to use with my PC because I never play games on PC.

My only real complaint aside from the platform is the soundtrack.  It's 100% Shovel Knight, and 0% Castlevania.  To be fair, I've only played the first stage, and I have to keep reminding myself this isn't actually Castlevania.  But when Inti Creates's goal was clearly to make a notCV3, would it have killed them to use something similar to the NES's soundchip?

Eh, there's a ton of game left ahead of me.  I'll probably wait til I get my console code before playing more of it, but I'm sure I'll end up enjoying the game overall. 

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3304 on: May 24, 2018, 02:41:04 AM »
Boss list for those who want to see.
http://curseofthemoon.com/en/boss/

Avert your eyes children, they may take on other forms... XD
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3305 on: May 24, 2018, 03:19:20 AM »
Avert your eyes children, they may take on other forms... XD

LOL!

Oh, kickstarter explanation on the code delays.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2195160

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3306 on: May 24, 2018, 05:51:59 AM »
But when Inti Creates's goal was clearly to make a notCV3, would it have killed them to use something similar to the NES's soundchip?

They are actually mimicking how CVIII sounded, music-wise... Just not the American version of it.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3307 on: May 24, 2018, 07:41:57 AM »
Not gonna lie, a part of me wishes that they would just do their own thing instead of mimicking CV3 down to the T. There’s nothing truly “unique” going on there

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #3308 on: May 24, 2018, 08:54:24 AM »
I feel the same, I will love to see shin by its own and not because its a Castlevania Clone (saying this in a good way) but still I can see why they make that, people wanted a Castlevania 3 for years so this is the answer.
 Something I dont like it, I didnt play it but saw a friend and I wasnt sure because he play a little until the second area its why you choose the characters like that, L and R and cycle, I will love something like the transformation of Alucard so L for Zangtsu, R for Miriam and the L2 and R2 for the other characters, I know that for reach the character in the other way you just have to press 2 times the button and it will be no differences but for me at least I can do a difference (I think :3 ), amm only nitnitpicking, im in any way trying to say its bad, its a good game.

Oh I dont like the boss music :v

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3309 on: May 24, 2018, 10:46:53 AM »
the secret true ultimate final boss is AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIING!!    :o OH MY WAFFLES!!!!!!!  they really exceeded expectations with boss design and mechanics.

that level of ingenuity you dont even find in some of the most ambitious RPGs!!!!!!!!   and from Castlevania standpoint, its nothing short of innovative, revolutionary and MINDBLOWING boss fight design!!!!!!!!

now I can confirm Bloodstained COTM blows away CVIII and then some.  what an outstanding retro masterpiece!!!!!

and that secret ending. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL   nooo they didnt.   ;D  wow people that see that are gonna have nostalgia go through the roof.

this really is incredible.   didnt think ini creates had such talent within COTM planning and designing.

this makes anticipation for Ritual of the Night even greater!!!!!!!!

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3310 on: May 24, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »
The game came to the EU eShop and I instantly bought it on my Switch.

It ... is ... AMAZING!!!

We MUST support such releases! This is what a Castlevania retro game should look like in 2018!
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3311 on: May 24, 2018, 11:35:56 AM »
Quick question, I've just selected my platform for the retro game... but it's behind deadline (work and lacking of checking every update), what happens?

I thought I read that if you don't select your platform in time you get defaulted to the Steam version. However, given that there was a delay in the codes, this may be altered. If you were able to still select it (i.e. it wasn't locked), there may have been an unspoken grace period. You might be able to direct this question to orders[at]fangamer.com. (Replace at with @, obviously)

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #3312 on: May 24, 2018, 01:23:05 PM »
Finished the first three levels, really enjoying it so far. Hopefully I'll have time to finish it later tonight.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3313 on: May 24, 2018, 03:58:54 PM »
Cleared normal mode. What an ingenious way to encourage a second playthrough. It'll probably remind you of
(click to show/hide)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #3314 on: May 24, 2018, 05:39:21 PM »
Whoa. Hearts actually heal you now.

Finally, a Castlevania game that actually makes sense. And it's technically not a Castlevania game.

Tags: