Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Dungeon (the Site) Errors Thread  (Read 90175 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Castlevania Dungeon (the Site) Errors Thread
« on: August 09, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »
This is a call for those who want the Dungeon updated, to let me know of any errors in the site.

The errors include, but are not limited to:
-Broken Links
-Typos
-missing images
-incorrect/outdated information (this is the biggest one)

It will take a group of good scouts to scour the site for these problems.  Once they're spotted, please catalogue them here and we'll see if we can get 'em fixed up.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Dungeon (the Site) Errors Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 01:10:07 PM »
+1
Outdated information:

* The timeline in the storyline sections misses Order of Ecclesia.
* Ditto for the character section. As well as some missing entries from a bunch off spin-offs, and Lords of Shadow.
* Arsenal hasn't been updated since Lament.
* History section has missing some recent stuff too.
* No game pages/reviews for Lords of Shadow, Encore of the Night, and Harmony of Despair.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 03:50:02 PM »
Please provide links as well.  I'm aware that there are entire entries missing.  I will see about updating things very very VERY slowly...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 09:18:34 PM »
I think I might have emailed something about something on the main page before I joined.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 11:22:54 AM »
I am not sure if that related to the updates, but pictures don't appear on the main page of the site.

And a minor thing. In the video games list Harmony of Despair and Lords of Shadow have logotypes of Castlevania ReBirth.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 12:54:34 PM »
I am not sure if that related to the updates, but pictures don't appear on the main page of the site.

And a minor thing. In the video games list Harmony of Despair and Lords of Shadow have logotypes of Castlevania ReBirth.

This page?.  Look again and you'll see why.
I now have the ability to edit and add new content to the site. ;)
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 07:01:13 AM »
Well, this one is certainly strange...

New Site
http://www.castlevaniadungeon.net/dungeon.html

Old Site?
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/dungeon.html

I'm not sure what configuration was botched to get this kind of effect, but that is just odd. The omission of the www. reveals the original page before Jorge's update.

Seems to have gone away now. A DNS error of some sort?...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:06:36 AM by uzo »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 10:48:00 AM »
I added Order of Ecclesia to the timeline page, even though we're not quite certain what year it happens in (anyone know?), so I put it prior to Circle of the Moon.
Also, I only added this to the spoiler-free page, not the spoilers page of the timeline.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 11:07:37 AM »
Last I recall knowing there was never a specific date and it was literally "sometime in the mid 1800's".

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 11:17:36 AM »
ast I recall knowing there was never a specific date and it was literally "sometime in the mid 1800's".

That would put it after CotM (1830's) and just before or during CV64/LoD (1852). Most likely before I'm guessing.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 11:20:48 AM »
Alright, I'll go move it around.
It's been added to the spoilers page now as well.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 07:45:37 AM »
Now I remember why i joined...

his lady has been taken away by a vampire named Walter, who lives in the forest known as Eternal Night and possesor of the legendary artifact known as the Crimson Stone.

Mathias sold his soul and embraced the side of the vampire - he used Leon to kill Walter so he could claim the holy artifact, the Ebony Stone, as his own.

you reversed the two. And neither is particularly "holy" at all. And mathias never 'sold his soul" either. :P

Lords of Shadow should probably be put in there too, ahead of LoI, and noted as an AU
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 08:07:29 AM »
Changed it and added new tidbits.  You should've provided a link, as I did not spot that since it was the "Spoilers Storyline".
But yeah that's fixed.

You're also right about LoS but that will take a while to do.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Arcraith

• Hunter in Training
  • whoop whoop!
    • Sanctum Insania
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 03:05:36 PM »
was using some of the info in the dungeon for some research and i found the links to the video game info pages are broken:

http://www.castlevaniadungeon.net/characters/heroes.html

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 03:47:20 PM »
Fixed it!
However, by fixing that, I don't know if I may have broken something else.
To the people checking the site, DO keep a lookout for more errors like these.

It seems the big issue at times is that the new server doesn't allow capitalizations in any files/folder, and since they existed in some folders/files prior to they being moved from Gamespy to the new server, some renaming at times needs to be done.
You must obey Da Rulez!