Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1045512 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #2745 on: September 25, 2016, 02:39:25 AM »
I was gonna rip that shit, but then I found out they were just samples...
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #2746 on: September 25, 2016, 07:34:52 PM »
So, I noticed one of the tracks was also in the E3 demo files (Luxurious Overture), so if you want to hear the fullest version of the song, you could search for it on Youtube or find the files that were posted here a few pages ago (I think they might have been posted here don't quote me on that).

For some reason I'm surprised that it's the entrance theme.  I was expecting it to be somewhere else.

Also that new track sounds pretty great (Holy Wisdom).  It's not surprising that an organ piece would appear, but I'm glad it's in this game.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2747 on: September 25, 2016, 09:55:53 PM »
Theme of Bloodstained so reminds me of a Castlevania Prologue where the text is scrolling down before the game begins.
Voyage of Promise is almost like OOE's Monastery crossed with AoS's opening song.
Holy Wisdom will surely be used in an ornate chapel/ garden setting adorned with Classical statues.
Luxurious overture is nice but predictable.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2748 on: October 05, 2016, 08:18:12 AM »
well they could complete more whips and distribute them better so the loot progression isn't oversaturated with swords.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2749 on: October 05, 2016, 09:27:10 AM »
well they could complete more whips and distribute them better so the loot progression isn't oversaturated with swords.

Here, here!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2750 on: October 05, 2016, 10:14:33 AM »

Hmmm...
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Zargon

• Hunter in Training
  • Its up to you!
    • Awards
« Reply #2751 on: October 05, 2016, 10:19:34 AM »
So I guess the game is now being published by 505 games.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it already have a publisher, and we all though it was Deep Silver or something? Or did we all just assume that? It is possible that 505 was the one with the deal from the start, where they promised 4/5ths of the money required if they could earn the remaining 1/5th through kickstarter. It does look like 505 has experience with this sort of thing, both with Japanese games and indie titles, so that is encouraging.

Also, check out those backgrounds. Looking great, Iga!

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2752 on: October 05, 2016, 10:32:26 AM »
It's looking awfully pretty so far, and seeing IGA with a whip again makes me grin

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #2753 on: October 05, 2016, 01:12:13 PM »
Yeah, could've sworn Deep Silver was publishing this. It still says so in the wikipedia article too... It's rather weird tbh. What happened?

Offline Zargon

• Hunter in Training
  • Its up to you!
    • Awards
« Reply #2754 on: October 05, 2016, 01:19:53 PM »
Perhaps the negative reception from MN9 caused a falling out with Inti creates? Their boss was pretty unhappy over the way it was advertised, after all. I'm also starting to wonder if this didn't account for at least part of the delay.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 01:21:53 PM by Zargon »

Offline XombieMike

• Hunter in Training
  • I'm interested in this
    • Bloodstained Fan Forums
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2755 on: October 05, 2016, 03:54:17 PM »
It was never announced or confirmed by any official staff that Deep Silver was the publisher IGA was working with. Someone had found that DS registered Bloodstained as a trademark, but they wouldn't comment about it. That trademark is the only link between the two, and when Ben Judd was asked about it at E3 by the Kinda Funny Games guys he said it was up to the publisher to make any official announcement. We were left with making an assumption without correction.

https://tmdb.eu/trademark/014052971/eu Koch owns Deep Silver.

Was DS actually involved and the source of the funding IGA mentioned in the KS video. I believe so. If so, they obviously didn't work out and we will likely not know the details due to professionals remaining professional. There are probably also written agreements protecting reputations as a part of renegotiating or terminating paperwork. Don't worry about DS owning any trademark though. (You're just gonna haveta trust me on that one.)

505 Games only has one black spot on their record, but they have many success stories. The developer for Payday 2 has blamed 505 Games for adding Micro Transactions to their game. The MTs were later revoked. I think there is more to the story and that 505 was used as a scapegoat, but I won't go into why unless asked. Ultimately, MTs in a Kickstarted IGAvania title that is under IGA's full control is simply not a concern of mine.

505 is legitimate. They aren't a huge evil publication corporation. I think they have about 100 employees according to their site. I hope to talk with them soon, but getting a hold of a PR manager of that Ian fellow might not be very easy.
XombieMike- DM of the Castlevania Ravenloft RPG
admin at bloodstained.forums.net

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2756 on: October 05, 2016, 04:24:40 PM »

Regarding the Wii U port:

On the Wii U Port of Bloodstained

“Yeah, it's a very complicated problem,” Iga said. “The reality is this: As timelines move on, certain pieces of hardware become irrelevant. Sometimes new pieces of hardware come out that make you think about what is the right strategy. And as a creator, usually you want to make stuff for the new hardware. That's the reality.”

“However, this was a game that was backed by people, and we made promises to listen to them. They're the people that gave us life so to speak. Any sort of change that we do or are considering that goes outside the scope of the promises we've made must be done with lots of explanation, must be done with lots of care, and must be done with lots of back and forth with them to see what options we have. We must listen to them at the end of the day, and we have made promises.”

“Unfortunately, some of those don't make as much sense anymore as they did before, and that's also reality. So you're in a very difficult position, and at the end of the day, if you're going to go in one certain direction, you want to make sure that you have support from them,” he explained.

“But so far we've, I think, been incredibly transparent through all the things that have happened with our backers, and they have been very supportive. So I'm hoping that if there is going to be a difficult decision some day, and we don't know, that we're able to have that conversation. If they say they don't get it, well that's where we're at. And if they say they do get it, well then, we'll be able to do things that are maybe more interesting. We'll see.

Looks like they're dropping it in favor of a NX port. Not surprising at the least since the Wii U will be a rotting corpse and the NX will be out for a year by the time this game comes out.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2757 on: October 05, 2016, 06:26:46 PM »
Awesome, this looks really cool :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2758 on: October 05, 2016, 08:28:45 PM »
Regarding the Wii U port:

Looks like they're dropping it in favor of a NX port. Not surprising at the least since the Wii U will be a rotting corpse and the NX will be out for a year by the time this game comes out.
Wow, thats quite a bummer. NX better be some some hot shit then.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2759 on: October 05, 2016, 10:06:31 PM »
Wow, thats quite a bummer. NX better be some some hot shit then.

Oh it'll be "hot shit" alright. I think that's a given by now considering the complete information blackout surrounding the thing only like a year or half a year before Launch
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags: