Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami remembered Castlevania, guys! You're gonna wish they didn't, though...  (Read 7577 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Some or all of the Castlevania NFTs say that there's unlockable assets.  So it seems they're getting "something" that a non-owner doesn't have access to.  I'm guessing these unlockables are higher resolutions of the videos or images?  If they then go ahead and post that picture or share it on the internet, then they won't really own anything special other than the receipt. 

I'm also curious if the owner would be able to hide the digital asset once purchased.  Does the auction page disappear once there's a buyer and then if you didn't save the file (publicly accessible representation of the asset) and didn't buy the asset, do you then lose your chance save the file if you don't find it posted by someone else who did or the item goes for auction again?

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
©2022 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENThey guys itgs me konami offical please buy my castlevania nfts they are not at all fungible nobody hs every seen this artwork before ©2022 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT

©2022 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT ©2022 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT ©2022 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT ©2022 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT

©2022 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
*Shudders*

This is what Castlevania has been reduced into...
Konami has no shame.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Love the effort Bloo  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
*Shudders*

This is what Castlevania has been reduced into...
Konami has no shame.

Legend has it that Konami is laundering money in the cavity of the “Wall Meat” NFT…
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
Just makes them look scummy and lazy.

As opposed to just being regular lazy with the pachislot and gacha games they've been haucking until now.

They hadn't even reached their ultimate scum form yet.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
I'm all 'bout these kindsa NFTs.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Seems like the auction was a success and there will probably be more.  I’m sure other properties are coming, but wonder how long it would be before another Castlevania one comes out.  Environmental issues aside, I think they’re rather neat.  They belong in a museum.  Sure, the average gamer can’t really get on the bidding game when they’re this pricy, but anyone can enjoy the artwork or even add it to their own “favorites” gallery (i think).  It’s kind of entertaining to watch the value of these things.  I just hope the time they spend producing these doesn’t detract them from making a new game and would like to think it’d encourage them to do so.  We’ll see how long this “fad” lasts though haha.  I feel bad for anyone who gets burned buying these things and losing money.  Hope they’re all able to take the hit.

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/konamis-castlevania-artwork-nfts-sell-for-over-115000-3138481

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
I feel bad for anyone who gets burned buying these things and losing money.  Hope they’re all able to take the hit.

That's the only way NFTs can appreciate. That's how the money pool gets bigger.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I just hope the time they spend producing these doesn’t detract them from making a new game and would like to think it’d encourage them to do so. 

If the success of the Netflix series didn't convince them to start developing a new game, I don't think this fad will.

The thing that I really hate about this is that it's not too far along after the whole Wada/Heritage Auctions thing started getting heat. I'm not saying that situation is related to this, other than both being about entities wanting to find a low-effort way to make money off of gaming nostalgia.

As opposed to just being regular lazy with the pachislot and gacha games they've been haucking until now.

They hadn't even reached their ultimate scum form yet.

Heh, true. I guess I did understate the do-nothing business strategy of Konami when it comes to their IPs. I shudder to think about what they'll actually try next while not giving anything close to a shit.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
At least the results might discourage other companies from adding gameplay elements to NFTs.  I don’t think I’d be happy if the price of a dlc is based on the marketplace.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/84152/ubisoft-quartz-nfts-only-made-2-392-likely-hurt-by-higher-supply/index.html

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Maybe Microsoft should buy Konami next. :rollseyes:

Offline Mysterii

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
And of course, they didn't factor in seven simple words that can bring the whole thing down:

"Right click. Save as. Share with others."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
And of course, they didn't factor in seven simple words that can bring the whole thing down:

"Right click. Save as. Share with others."

Tell that to all those NFT buyers. Idiots, all of them.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
it'd be interesting if we got a set of nfts for the 35th anniversary of every konami game made =o.  35 is such a strange anniversary.

Tags:

anything