Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse  (Read 47679 times)

Zead the Undead

Re: Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 06:15:51 AM »
Jorge man!!! you guys are REALLY serious with this stuff!! I'm scared!!
I'm new to this Forums, and I joined it only because of this project. I saw its gameplay in Youtube and I found it awesome.

I've downloaded the zip through a link Jorge posted at the Forum, but to my disappointment, I couldn't play it. To do so I need a version of a C++ developer, isn't it?
Well, it was then that I realized Jorge post the link so any interested guy could finish the project. Well I'm a VERY interested guy.

But I'm not a programmer, I'm an artist. Not as skilled oras equipped as Jorge, but I made some work to this project. I'm simply completing the game's sprite resources.
We know Jorge only made complete a few of the Dracula's Curse enormous bestiary.
So I realized how I could participate in this fangame. I hope you guys approve my effort. ;D

Oh Jorge, I don't know if you'll like it, but I published my work also in the Mr.P's Castlevania Realm. I did it so more people will be able to check it out. Our chances to find an interested programmer will be even greater.

Don't worry Jorge, Mr P gave you credit as the starter of the Dracula's Curse Chronicles project. Congratulations for all the efforts you put into the project until now. ;)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 07:10:32 AM »
In Reply To #31

I went to Mr.P's site but could find no such information.
I'm interested in what you have to offer in terms of sprites and the like.

There were a few enemies which I did not have a chance to resprite and could not find 16-bit equivalents that would match the size format...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline king metroid

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 09:47:10 AM »
http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/multi/Sprites/random-zeadsgame.htm
everything there is either a simple resize/recolour, or a minor edit :(
you also should have credited the original rippers/spriters.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 10:09:56 AM »
I'm even seeing graphics ripped directly from Jorge's game. So, the guy basically took Jorge's stuff and wanted to give it to him again. :P

Hi. I just stole your car. Do you want to buy it off of me? I threw in new tires for just half price! :o
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 02:38:51 PM by Serio »

Quasar

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2008, 10:23:33 AM »
Just to keep people posted, I'm still working on the tile engine. Unfortunately my SVN repo is down since Mancunet has been moving to a new server for the last two weeks. That's not helping speed things up, that's for sure :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008, 02:30:29 PM »
In Reply To #34

There are a few frames added in...
...but yeah it's mostly my rips and my backgrounds.  The Castle with Bridge is exactly the same.

I was hoping people would not plunder the 'bg' folder... but they did.

I do appreciate the effort, but I wish it wasn't so... public.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Zead the Undead

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2008, 07:49:19 AM »
In Reply To #34

It's not his car im trying to sell. It's MINE's. Jorge prepared a total of 140 sprite files, and have in my PC now a total of 195. To get them all, you just have to download the zip at Mr P's page.

If you really played CV3 you know how much unique monsters it presents you. And if you really liked it, you would be doing more than just waiting the project to get ready and then download it.

We're trying to find someone interested in a fan game. So the larger the number of people able to know our ideas, the better.

And dont worry, Jorge's name as the main starter of the project is well-displayed at the top of mr P's page. I would never steal his work. We're doin this together. We're fans, arent we??

C'mon guys. I dont want to start it this way.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 11:52:56 AM by Zead the Undead »

Zead the Undead

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2008, 08:12:54 AM »
In Reply To #36

We must publicize this work. We cant just sit down and wait for some CV3-fan programmer to enter in this forum and get interested. Check out the popularity of those videos from Joseph Collins at youtube and youll understand what im saying. 8)

I've even searched in my neighborhood for programmers, but I couldnt find any...these brazilians only want to play soccer in the streets from sunrise to sunset... ???

i guess some guy soon will appear to join us in this stuff. So Jorge, keep your eyes open and your hand ready for a hand-shaking. ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 11:44:57 AM by Zead the Undead »

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2008, 11:58:04 AM »
In Reply To #29

Of course you're gonna get credited.  But we don't even have Credits to begin with since the game is not done.

You did not need to request this, since it's obvious you would've gotten credit.  No worries.

Thanks buddy :D. Yeah keep me posted man. If and when it gets finished I'd love to play it. You can contact me VIA AIM - MADJOHNWUNGRICE. I rarely use AIM and I'm mostly on MSN Messenger but it autostarts so I should be on there. If I don't answer keep trying. I rarely have much time to myself these days.

Zead the Undead

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2008, 09:38:03 AM »
 ??? God. I finally played the demo. I mean, its the first time i really play it. i have no words about it.

The only thing i know is that we need MUCH effort to "fix" it, to make something at least better than Dracula x, specially in what concerns about gameplay. If it goes on, people will begin to hate the original Draculs Curse as the new Castlevania Adventure.

I'll try to re-create the project with Game Maker. :'(

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2008, 03:31:51 PM »
In Reply To #40

Are you sure you want to use GameMaker?  Ours is using a C++ engine, so there's lots of techniques that we can use that the regular GameMaker package cannot customize...

I'm not trying to shoot you down, but it's a big undertaking to re-do a lot of this stuff...

...we know 'cuz my current programmer is doing something similar, only adding in things.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Quasar

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2008, 06:37:52 PM »
??? God. I finally played the demo. I mean, its the first time i really play it. i have no words about it.

The only thing i know is that we need MUCH effort to "fix" it, to make something at least better than Dracula x, specially in what concerns about gameplay. If it goes on, people will begin to hate the original Draculs Curse as the new Castlevania Adventure.

I'll try to re-create the project with Game Maker. :'(
I'm not sure why you have the impression that this project has no programmer, because I'm the programmer :)  I won't tell you not to work on an engine of your own, because regardless of how you do it, it's good experience. Also, for all I know, you'll beat me and create something of higher quality faster than I can (speed is my main issue). However, don't assume that the project isn't being worked on.

Also, it does not currently need a high amount of attention, because the wrong kind of attention will get the project shut down permanently - if you know what I mean. Let's wait until the game is finished to start promoting it. Telling people about something that's only in beta only gets them in here whining about it not being finished, which isn't constructive.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2008, 08:50:16 PM »
Also, it does not currently need a high amount of attention, because the wrong kind of attention will get the project shut down permanently - if you know what I mean.

Yeah, no kidding. Anyone remember Chrono Trigger 3D? If this project gets publicized while still WIP and if Konami gets a big enough stick up their ass about it, they could shut Jorge down in a second.

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2008, 08:16:34 PM »
I did suggest a custom project from the start to avoid something like that happening. But at the time (the team was Jorge, JM and I) both Jorge as project leader and John Morris shot down the idea as Jorge said he needed an initial blueprint to work with and that it would be much harder to forge together custom maps, a custom story, etc.

Zead the Undead

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2008, 05:20:01 AM »
In Reply To #42

Ok guys, i will explain myself.

I really tought there was no programmer since John left, so i wanted to publicize the project in sites like mr.P's in order to find another guy. But if you say team is ready and project is being made, i believe on you.

But if thats true, why is the project version i played dated as 2005-09-09? if my time zone clock is right, its aproximately 3 years old.

You know Quasar, now that i know youre the programmer, i suggest you some things:

-make a more interesting demo, with more enemies like mudmen or whip skels

-Give the player acess for those levels shown at youtube like the castle bridge and the courtyard.

-And the most important, UPDATE THE DEMO VERSION (i know, you said youre slow, but no one else can do it)

Man, i really dont wanna compete with you in this stuff. :-X
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 05:26:20 AM by Zead the Undead »

Tags:

anything