Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Rhapsody of the Dawn  (Read 3631 times)

Tanookie

Castlevania: Rhapsody of the Dawn
« on: November 24, 2007, 04:09:33 PM »
Hey, guys! I'm Tanookie, and I'm new here (obviously). Er...let's see...my first Castlvania Game was Portrait of Ruin, so I'm kind of new, but I beat that, and I've beaten Dawn of Sorrow. I also have DXC, on which I've beaten the remake and Symphony of the Night. On SotN I'm currently working on Maria mode.

Anyway, this is a fanfic I just began, called Castlevania: Rhapsody of the Dawn. It chronicles the Demon Castle Wars of 1999, and I hope to incorporate as many Castlevania Characters into it as possible! If you want, request a character and I'll see if I can put him/her in!

Some basic info before I start the fic:

Main Characters include Julius Belmont, Sophie Belnades, Alucard, and Maria Renard. The "Greatest Five" are also making appearances. Anway, on with the fic!

Castlevania:
Rhapsody of the Dawn

Chapter One:
Stirrings and Sacrifice

It was rather dark outside. And for Julius Belmont, a lantern that he held was his only light. Strapped to his back was the trusty whip Vampire Killer, which had been passed down through his family line for hundreds of years. He was on his way to Castlevania, the castle of the vampire, Dracula. Julius

Quasar

Re: Castlevania: Rhapsody of the Dawn
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 06:30:51 PM »
Cool, I liked it overall.

If you want some constructive criticism, though:

* Some of the places people think to themselves should be better delineated, such as in quotes.

* A little more description of the physical environment during action could be useful. Pay particular attention to sounds.

Some of the events also surprise me a bit. Such as Sophie being too terrified of the armors to try attacking them first before running away, Alucard turning Maria (which would ordinarily make her a full vampire, and thus likely evil), and the four characters dying seemed a bit extreme to me. Still though, good story telling :)  I hope you'll check out my fic, too. It's linked in my sig below.

Tanookie

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 06:09:30 PM »
Thanks for the comments. ;D

Yeah, Sophie's not exactly the bravest vampire hunter around. ;) However, Alucard didn't turn Maria, he merely sentenced her to slumber with him. She wanted to be with him pretty badly, you see. It was a little extreme to kill Jonathan, Charlotte, Stella, and Loretta, but how else would they be able to summon the Greatest Five? Haha, I guess they'd be too old to leap over castle walls anyway!

Quasar

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 10:20:30 PM »
Ahh OK. I was under the impression that Maria was now vampiric. I suppose Alucard's innate magic might be powerful enough on its own to let him extend her life in another manner like this. :)

Tags: