Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Theme Of Simon Belmont (Original - CPS2)  (Read 3582 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
The Theme Of Simon Belmont (Original - CPS2)
« on: April 25, 2012, 08:48:43 PM »
Ever wonder what Simon's theme would sound like in a Konami VS Capcom crossover back in the 90's? This is an original composition utilizing CPS2 samples and style. Definitely worth a look.

Wizzy's Special Upload-The Theme Of Simon Belmont

I have to give a shout out to Wizzy in general too. He does such awesome work and seems totally under appreciated. I've been following his stuff for a while. I encourage you to check out his other stuff.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:01:41 PM by uzo »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: The Theme Of Simon Belmont (Original - CPS2)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 10:02:42 PM »
reminds me of marvel vs. street fighter when (almost)everyone got original themes for the game

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 10:06:45 AM »
I like that tune! If we had an all-new Classicvania come out I think this song should be used. However I'm not hearing the Theme of Simon connection. There's just no familiarity between the two that I can make out, audio wise. It must be on a very subtle level.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 10:32:51 AM »
It's a nice tune on its own... but there's not enough "Theme of Simon" in there.
Just tidbits peppering the tune.

Good try though.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 02:42:02 PM »
but there's not enough "Theme of Simon" in there.

You're missing the point of it all. It's an original composition. You know, like...

reminds me of marvel vs. street fighter when (almost)everyone got original themes for the game

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 05:35:40 PM »
Ah, yeah I totally missed it, haha.

I actually liked in Marvel Vs. Capcom 1, where the characters actually had themes heavily based on the themes from their games (Strider's rocks).
then MvC2 came out with that take-ya-for-a-ride nonsense and I never cared for it again.

I didn't like the original themes that MvSF had.  Or rather, I did not care for them much, as I can't recall them (they're just not memorable to me).  Maybe it was the genre at the time, or maybe it was that the themes were just somewhat bland?  I can barely recall some of the original character themes from the Alpha games (basically just Sakura's).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: