Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Souls of Sorrow (Searching with enthusiasm for Sprite Artist)  (Read 16968 times)

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Founder of CV: Souls of Sorrow
    • Awards
Hey hello everyone, I would like to apologize if this post doesn't belong in this section, but I have a request from any sprite artists. I am really in need of an original sprites for each character of Soma, Julius, Alucard and Yoko from Castlevania Harmony of Despair, Mina, Hammer and Arikado from Castlevania AOS/DOS, creating an old age between 40-50 version of Jonathan Morris, old age between 40-50 version of Charlotte Aulin and Death from Castlevania POR, Olrox with a similar outfit like how Jbetbrice had done at the first place as you saw it in CV dungeon which Olrox is actually wearing his own purple color with yellow color lines king cape as his exterior outfit. Here's the link of the yellow color lines king cape as Olrox's new exterior outfit. "http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,4781.30.html". Whereas for his interior outfit, has the same exact as you saw him wearing in Castlevania SOTN and Saint Germain from Castlevania COD with sprite sheet version and some NEW character sprites from my fan-game storyline, Castlevania: Souls of Sorrow. Most of the Castlevania fans over the IGN which I posted about what "Castlevania: Souls of Sorrow" was all about and what's the reason I made that fan-game storyline for, were kept on demanding about creating some new sprite sheets in order to show them and prove to them that my fan-game storyline of Castlevania: Souls of Sorrow is actually EXIST. Here are some of the NEW characters sprite sheets request from one of the biggest fans of Castlevania such as myself.

The 7 Divisions of the Immortal Vampires who works under King Olrox.

Shadow- A rage 24 years old young boy with short spiky blue hair, blue fringe, some black tattoos on his face, black singlet, black color shoes, black color jeans, wearing 3-4 necklaces around his neck and dark black color flames on his both hands.

Maximo- He is thin with some muscular on his physical body appearance, shirtless, 27 years old, a long red punk hair that has the same length as Joe Higashi from Fatal Fury , cool, arrogant and a selfish gangster punk looking guy with much tattoos on his whole body, brown color jeans, white color shoes and a black bandana on his forehead area.

Zamelia- A beautiful lady with a long pink hair, blue eyes, a purple color on her lips and a mole on her left cheek of the beauty spot. Apparently, she has the same age with Yoko Belnades. She wears a black greek costume of a female warrior, due to her family generation from the past and similar to Sophitia's and Cassandra's costume from Soul Calibur. She who wields a great rapier and a strong shield to defend herself who stands in her way. (Maybe you can use this song to give you more strength and inspires you more to create a sprite sheet more about her!) Devil May Cry 4: The Viper (ECHIDNA combat)

Chibi- A cute little vampire girl with a mix color of black and white maiden costume that has the same age as Mina Hakuba, apparently. Pink color eyes, maiden shoes with black shoe and a white long socks on her legs, a black color fashionable headband with a big black rose on her headband as well. (similar to this picture "http://www.polyvore.com/luxury-shops.com_chanel_headband/thing?id=7808520") She who wields a deadly black umbrella and ability to summon her own favorite 5 huge “deadly pets” which are bear, horse, rabbit, bird and dragon too.

Abuwa- A clumsy fat vampire man at the age of 40-50 years old who really loves to eat chicken and he can’t live without chickens in his life. He has a brown mohawk hairstyle color, brown mustache, brown beard and wearing a waiter costume as his attire with black slacks and black shoes (similar to this picture "http://www.tipsuniforms.com/tips/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=229"). He who wields a deadly poisonous vomit until to extend of creating a sea of deadly vomit and ability to crush anything he wish to destroy it. Just becareful, do NOT make him mad and steal his chickens while he enjoying eating chickens with good appetites.

Leo Narcadia- A silent person mysterious immortal vampire who wears a pure white hoodie with a plain white mask, black gloves on his hands and a black boots on his legs. His age is unknown and he was once living in a pure miserable and pure suffering kind of life when he was still alive in 1999 where he was suppose to be dead. His attitude, his voice, his power and much more, are very similar to one of the villains from Metal Gear Solid, Psycho Mantis. He uses the opera songs and his deadly huge amount of collectable puppets by using strings in order to control the puppets as his deadly precious weapon to kill people who stand in his way. Plus, he has the ability to control people’s body, mimic someone’s voice, use strings to beak on the back of the victims to suck blood in order to refill his health and read people’s mind as well. He is kind of hard to fight with. (Maybe you can use this song to give you more strength and inspires you more to create a sprite sheet more about him too!) "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlgh6Rh0mPk" and "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_B12n6YUEU"

Virex- A cool tall gentleman captain among of all the 7 Divisions of Immortal Vampires who has a long spiky red hair, red beard, a black costume that has similar to one of the awesome cool characters, Johnny from Guilty Gear "http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/johnny-toosweet.jpg". He who wields such deadly Yamato sword and his sword is as fast as "crissaegrim" and "valmanway". Apparently, he has been told that he was influenced by the Japanese culture. He is very hard to fight with and kind of annoying too. During in a midst of any battlefield he had ever been to, he always keep yawning and feel very sleepy simultaneously. Apparently, he is a type of a person who doesn’t even care about anything of what happens around him. His own favorite quotes “Just keep it cool. Alright.”

However, I don't do any commission paid upon any artist and I just would like to find any artist that can help me to create and design some new sprite sheet characters for fun and without getting paid simply because the purpose of me making this project is for fun, supporting and bringing back our old beloved Castlevania 2D gameplay with HD graphics back to it's throne. I would be really happy and feel very much appreciated if you could create some new sprite sheet characters as I've mention above here. All in all, are you interested and willing enough to help me out to create and design some new sprite sheet characters for my fangame of Castlevania: Souls of Sorrow?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
What many of our spriters here would like to see before jumping on your project is if you have a decent enough game engine to work off of. That way we know our work will be put to use.

Mainly just a precautionary sort of thing and not a trust issue.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
What many of our spriters here would like to see before jumping on your project is if you have a decent enough game engine to work off of. That way we know our work will be put to use.

Mainly just a precautionary sort of thing and not a trust issue.

Ah I see. Hmmm. Can I have a question? What type of software and engine that Castlevania fans usually does to use and make a fine fan-game that you normally watch on Youtube? For an example, Castlevania Serio's fighting game and other Castlevania fan-games? I'm so sorry Claimh Solais, I didn't know about this kind of stuff like the types of game engines. :( But from what I know and from what I can see, they normally use Adobe Flash Professional right?

My initial plan about the outcome of this project is to make a video storyline game that also include some gameplay system, dialogues, copyrighted musics etc. by using Adobe Flash Professional. 

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
First things first. It's indeed important to have your storyline set. BUT don't make it TOO long, because the game would feel like too damn big. you will not be able to put SO much things on it, so keep it a normal sized story.
- you'll need a coder. I'd suggest using game maker if you are a starter. But if you have somebody else to code, it would be faster, cause it takes some real time to learn everything.
- Sprite artists - obviously no need for explanation.
I don't feel like there is much else than this. But this is a lot already. Being able to sprite and code is really freaking hard. I would suggest for you to look for a coder first. If you get one then things will be really easier :3

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Ah I see. Hmmm. Can I have a question? What type of software and engine that Castlevania fans usually does to use and make a fine fan-game that you normally watch on Youtube? For an example, Castlevania Serio's fighting game and other Castlevania fan-games? I'm so sorry Claimh Solais, I didn't know about this kind of stuff like the types of game engines. :( But from what I know and from what I can see, they normally use Adobe Flash Professional right?

My initial plan about the outcome of this project is to make a video storyline game that also include some gameplay system, dialogues, copyrighted musics etc. by using Adobe Flash Professional.

Most of our people here use GameMaker, since its pretty darn easy to learn for most. The Games Factory and Multimedia Fusion are apparently pretty easy to use too, but I've never bothered.

I use RPG Maker for the RPG I'm making, since it seems pretty dumb to use anything else for a basic RPG.

Serio uses a heavily modified version of the MUGEN Engine, and getting that version from him is pretty much a no-go.

I'd go with one of the top three if I were you, and if you needed help figuring it out, I'm sure there's plenty of people on here willing to help you (not me. I can't figure out basic coding to save my own life).
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
First things first. It's indeed important to have your storyline set. BUT don't make it TOO long, because the game would feel like too damn big. you will not be able to put SO much things on it, so keep it a normal sized story.
- you'll need a coder. I'd suggest using game maker if you are a starter. But if you have somebody else to code, it would be faster, cause it takes some real time to learn everything.
- Sprite artists - obviously no need for explanation.
I don't feel like there is much else than this. But this is a lot already. Being able to sprite and code is really freaking hard. I would suggest for you to look for a coder first. If you get one then things will be really easier :3

Ah I see. In fact, I already set my storyline well but the only thing left for me to show it as a complete set of storyline is to write down my own fan-game storyline of Castlevania: Souls of Sorrow from one chapter to another chapter until the end of chapters which you can be found in my deviantART gallery. For your information, this storyline is going to be long indeed, simply because of it's originality storyline that came from my very own idea and creativity, the characters storyline, Soma's mystery storyline has revealed, Who is Arikado to Soma, Why Soma becoming like that, Why Orlox becoming like this, etc.  Here's the links:

Chapter 1- http://djrunza.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4v2rfa
Chapter 2- http://djrunza.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4v6a2g
Chapter 3- http://djrunza.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4w06ku
Chapter 4 is still under progression currently. Stay Tune! ^^

Hmm, since you've mention that I will not be able to put so many things on it, now I have 2 options:
1) Whether to make this project as a fan-game which includes some buttons to perform any attacks like we saw in Castlevania Serio's fighting game and we have to control the player of the character in order to explore and move on with the gameplay,

OR

2) Whether to make this project as a fan-made storyline which includes with movies, dialogues, scenes, voice system, special effects etc. like we saw this on Youtube without we control the player which means we just take a sit anywhere, take some popcorn and enjoy throughout the movie. There's a possibility for us to shorten the length of the fan-made storyline movie of Castlevania: Souls of Sorrow if we use Adobe Flash Professional? Yes?  Castlevania SOTN Alucard Vs Richter Belmont

Man, I wish I'm a programmer and really good at this kind of stuff. Lol! XD Now that's the reason why I create this thread is to find a sprite artist that could actually help to create it or something. :(

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Most of our people here use GameMaker, since its pretty darn easy to learn for most. The Games Factory and Multimedia Fusion are apparently pretty easy to use too, but I've never bothered.

I use RPG Maker for the RPG I'm making, since it seems pretty dumb to use anything else for a basic RPG.

Serio uses a heavily modified version of the MUGEN Engine, and getting that version from him is pretty much a no-go.

I'd go with one of the top three if I were you, and if you needed help figuring it out, I'm sure there's plenty of people on here willing to help you (not me. I can't figure out basic coding to save my own life).

Game Maker? Hmm, I shall try it If I do have the free time. But what about Alucard vs Richter video that was made by one of the Castlevania fans as you saw it on Youtube? Castlevania SOTN Alucard Vs Richter Belmont What sort of software are they using to actually made that awesome effects and all? That kind of fan-made movie storyline is what I wanted as the outcome of my project as my 2nd option. Do you think it would be cool?

Lol oh really? But why not? Or perhaps maybe I could send an email to Serio regarding about my fan-made project of Castlevania: Souls of Sorrow and tell him about my storyline, gameplay, characters and all. Don't you think is a good idea?

I didn't even know the very basic of programming too. Ahahaha XD.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
You know,you remind me a lot of Montoyagraphics.. :rollseyes:

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
You know,you remind me a lot of Montoyagraphics.. :rollseyes:

Montoyagraphics? I've never heard about it. But as I check it out on google about what does it mean, its a name of a company? Or perhaps there's other meaning of Montoyagraphics?  :-\ Lol.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
Lol..he used to be a poster here..he was also looking for a coder,just like you.

The only difference is that he could sprite.  :P

You can always check his thread somewhere here,Castlevania:the rise of Nosferatu.

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Lol..he used to be a poster here..he was also looking for a coder,just like you.

The only difference is that he could sprite.  :P

You can always check his thread somewhere here,Castlevania:the rise of Nosferatu.

Ah yes, I was once saw him somewhere in this forum when he was online. But unfortunately Donoffrio, I'm really not good in coding. That is why as my title of this thread says it all, I am need of finding a sprite artist to help me out. Thank you so much for the information Donoffrio, I really appreciate it! ^^. I shall ask him via email. Perhaps, you can help me too? Heh Heh :P

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

I don't think PM-ing Serio is a good idea though,or Montoya,for that matter,each busy with their own projects i'm afraid.. :-X

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

I don't think PM-ing Serio is a good idea though,or Montoya,for that matter,each busy with their own projects i'm afraid.. :-X

Hmm. Since you've mention about Serio and Montoya are in a busy mode for doing their own projects, maybe there's no possibility that they can actually help me out or something. But whatever it is, I shall try PM-ing them. What about you my friend? Perhaps you can help me too? You are indeed very good in making sprites as I can see. Hehe ;D

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Hmm. Since you've mention about Serio and Montoya are in a busy mode for doing their own projects, maybe there's no possibility that they can actually help me out or something. But whatever it is, I shall try PM-ing them. What about you my friend? Perhaps you can help me too? You are indeed very good in making sprites as I can see. Hehe ;D

I'm sorry man!

As i've said before,i am currently helping out some friends of mine outside the dungeon for a really promising castlevania fangame project.

So yeah,i won't be able to do much now..sorry

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

As i've said before,i am currently helping out some friends of mine outside the dungeon for a really promising castlevania fangame project.

So yeah,i won't be able to do much now..sorry

Lol Neah it's alright Donoffrio, don't worry about it. I always admire and love your Castlevania sprite artwork characters. Thank you for your feedback over this thread my friend, nice to meet you here too. Castlevania FTW~ :D

anything