Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: SOTN (Saturn Version) Sprites  (Read 8295 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: August 12, 2013, 03:59:57 PM »
Someone have sprites from the exclusive enemies from the SOTN Saturn version? Like a sheet from this for example:

If no one have it, someone knows how I can rip them?

ANY sprite-sheet exclusive from the Saturn version is welcome (less Richter  :-*), including maps, tiles, enemies and items, of possible I want Maria too, since she have some nice effects.

inb4, I know that someone can say "check Spriters Resource" and I already did it, they only have the maps (Inverted Garden is missing), horses from the Richter/Maria intro and one enemy from the Cursed Prison called Specter. Check for yourself: http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_systems/akumajourdraculax/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 05:29:15 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 12:32:13 PM »
+1
Check this post of Castlevania Spain:
http://www.castlevaniaspain.com/viewtopic.php?t=3958&start=0

here are enemys from Castlevania for Saturn and others things, not all the rips were made by him, but have a great info of the enemys or attacks, i dont know how he ripped this, perhaps you can talk with him

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 01:15:45 PM »
I remember when I used to listen to Radio Castlevania Spain.
I am still friends with Brenda and Norma and the rest of the crew from "El Legado Del Vampiro".  At least on Facebook.

That Richter is really cool-looking.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 01:31:02 PM »
Hey thanks Jop, that was unexpected since I rarely see you, but you ever seems to help me. You are like Blues/Protoman xD

edit: It seems that this guy ripped some BGs from another games too, pretty handy. A shame that he doesnt log in this forum since June, otherwise I would try to contact him now and try to discover how he ripped some Saturn sprites...

Also he already had ripped PoR whips, so I've only wasted my time (not a real waste, since now my "sprite-ripping mode" is ON).

Jorge, you know about more places with rare material like that?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:55:18 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 06:36:17 PM »
Haha you sound like me when I was trying to rip sprites and graphics for Dragon Force (SAT) and then I found a website that had them all listed. I had started organizing them to upload to Spriters Resource, but got distracted (i.e., bored).
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 06:50:24 PM »
Yes xD
But I still need to rip all Maria exclusive subs (some of them have different effects) and them her beam shots and spells (her owl seems to be a recolored normal owl, I need to check that to be certain, if so I'll not even rip that, since I can simply recolor it myself with the correct pallete and so waste less time). Then I'll check what enemies are missing from this collection (will o wisp for example) and try to rip them.

Im lucky that these enemies doesnt use exclusive sounds, otherwise I would need to find a way to get them too.

Im more or less trying to get everything exclusive to this version (musics can be found on OSTs luckily) and then never need to return again to rip something from the Saturn version :P

Also, how did you ripped these sprites from a Saturn game?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 06:53:04 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »
Tiled GGD

Some guy helped me out but I forgot everything he taught me.  :-X
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: SOTN (Saturn Version) Sprites (update)
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 08:40:08 PM »
Hey, if you remember something, get in touch with him or knows how I can contact him if he still active, please let me know.

IF IDK any of these its okay, thanks anyway dude :)

edit: I've made progress. Using this special Yabause https://code.google.com/p/yabause-rr/

They created it for tool assisted things, but now I can "frame advance", so I will never miss a frame again AND it have a built-in "tileviewer" (you see things in their respective form, but if they are marionette monsters like Olrox 2nd form they will show in separate parts) so now I have the best of the 2 worlds to work with. :)

Also I've found GGD here http://spritedatabase.net/download with some other tools to rip things more easily, even withou a frame-by frame option.

edit2: finished ripping Maria's Bibuti (hand subweapon) explosion effect (yeah, this explodes after disappearing)

edit3: I've ripped this blue will' o wisp thing from Cursed Prison and all Maria effects, less these exclusive to the boss version (working on that).

edit4: finished ripping Maria's shield orbs, they've more frames than I thought. This finish Maria special effects rips for good.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:11:22 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

anything