Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: There's really just one thing I'd like to know about Lords of Shadow 2.  (Read 7729 times)

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Or is this doodle made for my Circle of the Moon review applicable once again?

Thankyoudrivethrough. 

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
absolutely not! slogra makes no appearance in any of the los games besides that epilogue tease from los1

so this image was made for literally no reason at all

i suppose theres a chance he might appear in the alucard dlc, but i wouldnt count on it

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
It would be fantastic to have Slogra in Revelations.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
so this image was made for literally no reason at all

It was made to entice the old fans to buy a product not made for them.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Just one more stick to the eye. That's all it is  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
The context of that image is lost on me; I always thought it was just a randomass making-of shot for the last scene, in spite of the fact it's of the most important CastleVania thing to me since owning Super CastleVania IV in the first place. 

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The context of that image is lost on me; I always thought it was just a randomass making-of shot for the last scene, in spite of the fact it's of the most important CastleVania thing to me since owning Super CastleVania IV in the first place.
I don't know where Uzo is making the buzz from. The imagr is taken from the time they made the dead slogra model for LoS1's epilogue.
Who knows, as Zobek enters the Cathedral after Alucarf wooke Dracula up perhaps in revelations we'll fight slogra when heading to the throne room. But don't hold your breath.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
False advertisement at its best.

Just like that trailer LoS trailer that had Dracula's theme from CVIV.

At the end of the day, it's just a big middle finger to every fan.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
That is concept art for the first games epilogue, in which Slogras corpse does appear just for a nice added touch. I don't remember a trailer with the Dracula theme from 4, but the Dracula theme from 1 is in the game.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
Perhaps we've committed a mistake in assuming such a treat as a(n epic) cameo of (a seriously wrecked) Slogra has any bearing on the story at all?   

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
It doesn't matter when it was taken. It's still PR and marketing directed at the old fans. It makes people think "Wow! The dlc/next game is probably going to have Slogera! Maybe I should get it!"

That's the reaction they're hoping for. The same reaosn they pulled that BS with the extended Trailer #1 where it showed the rainy castle with Satan's lines to make it sound like it's Dracula. They just keep doing deceptive crap like that.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Why are you blaming them for your assumptions? Slogra was in the epilogue, there's nothing false about it. It was just a hint for a cameo and they never said it would even be there to begin with just showed a picture.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
But you never get to fight Slogra, and there in lies the rub.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Why are you blaming them for your assumptions? Slogra was in the epilogue, there's nothing false about it. It was just a hint for a cameo and they never said it would even be there to begin with just showed a picture.
it's still really sneaky marketing, like when they showed Dracul in the trailers with "DIE BELMONT" playing over it, making you think you fight Dracula.

I love loS and even I can see you are really trying way too hard to justify this.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
The Alucard dlc would pretty much be the perfect place to finally get this guy involved.

(click to show/hide)

At this point it's probably wishful thinking. Really, it was a good-looking and faithful model. Weird that it was just stuck in a cutscene.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 07:42:17 PM by derision »

Tags: slogra