Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania level 1 made in unreal  (Read 44405 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2016, 06:45:30 PM »
So if it was never put up on KS or you take it down now, what happens then?

Same result, most likely. The C&D has already happened.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2016, 01:39:26 AM »
maybe he acidentally skipped the Reply #112 , but Yeah, it's what i thought :/

Oh its really there, for some reason I didn't noticed it earlier, sorry for that.

This sucks, now we need to wait for a response about that license, if they get back to you it is. I know its the last thing that you want to read now, but people that were posting here before criticizing this KS were affraid of exactly this I think, not bashing your efforts, even more because it is the first Castlevania fangame made in 3D that I saw going so far into development. (well we have Castlevania Quest 3D but its not 2.5D and pretty old).

In worst case scenario, while you can't upload updates about this game, you can atleast use what you programmed for some other project if you remove copyrighted material. I wish you good luck.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2016, 03:58:30 PM »
A bit off-topic and nothing personal, but if this got a C&D. I wonder why Esco's "hack" haven't get one yet. I mean he's getting money from it.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2016, 06:11:48 PM »
Maybe he did get a C&D and is just ignoring them.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2016, 06:17:47 PM »
Either that or it's just cuz he's been so under-the-radar with it. You don't ever hear about it unless you follow the blog. So if he hasn't gotten a C&D, it's probably cuz nobody ever talks about it outside of its little bubble. It's about the same with Serio's Castlevania. You barely ever hear anyone outside of Serio's forum talk about the game (though I think it was also brought up on the Bloodstained forum, which I rarely go to anyway). Konami probably doesn't know about them.

Dejawolf did some interviews with Siliconera and such, and the Kickstarter was also a thing, and then said websites also covered the Kickstarter. So Dejawolf's game had significantly more coverage and was definitely above-the-radar, compared to most other fan-games.

That's also why AM2R and Pokemon Uranium got taken down so quickly: they had a crap-ton of coverage from websites everywhere (aside from Nintendo being really anal about fan-games). But a lot of other fan-games of Nintendo IPs (like Psycho Waluigi or Ocarina of Time 2D) are still able to be downloaded or developed since Nintendo likely doesn't even know about them.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2016, 01:38:28 AM »
Either that or it's just cuz he's been so under-the-radar with it. You don't ever hear about it unless you follow the blog. So if he hasn't gotten a C&D, it's probably cuz nobody ever talks about it outside of its little bubble. It's about the same with Serio's Castlevania. You barely ever hear anyone outside of Serio's forum talk about the game (though I think it was also brought up on the Bloodstained forum, which I rarely go to anyway). Konami probably doesn't know about them.

Dejawolf did some interviews with Siliconera and such, and the Kickstarter was also a thing, and then said websites also covered the Kickstarter. So Dejawolf's game had significantly more coverage and was definitely above-the-radar, compared to most other fan-games.

That's also why AM2R and Pokemon Uranium got taken down so quickly: they had a crap-ton of coverage from websites everywhere (aside from Nintendo being really anal about fan-games). But a lot of other fan-games of Nintendo IPs (like Psycho Waluigi or Ocarina of Time 2D) are still able to be downloaded or developed since Nintendo likely doesn't even know about them.

Ah makes sense. I thought only money making fan games gets C&D from Konami. I don't have to talk about Nintendo, they're pretty hostile. But I'm glad AM2R got the chance to be downloaded.

Btw, is this game still heavy? last time I tested it runs pretty slow on my computer.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2016, 04:11:05 AM »
I don't have to talk about Nintendo, they're pretty hostile. But I'm glad AM2R got the chance to be downloaded.

I do. Every time a fan game comes out that looks like something better or more innovative than Nintendo can achieve, they straight out boycott the shit out of it in the most legal sense possible.

It's interesting to me that PS4 and Xbox have functions to upload gameplay footage to youtube, I wonder if the Switch will allow this. And if it doesn't how will 3rd party developers feel about that? 3rd party fighting games and sports games for example, surely people will have the urge to upload gameplay footage at times. I guess the Switch will "fix their wagon".

I firmly believe AM2R is something beyond Nintendo's wildest dreams and they will NEVER achieve something as solid in a 2d Metroid.
I digress, I think Dejawolf was creating a better remake than Konami could have achieved.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2016, 05:16:44 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about the C&D Dejawolf. As a fellow fan developer myself it's always a shame to hear stuff like this. However, I believe there is still a silver lining to all of this. From what I can tell, all of the assets you are completely custom. All yours. You can literally just rename this project. Maybe change a few details here and there, and call it a "spiritual successor" like that 'Mighty No. Whatever' or 'Bloodstained'.

This doesn't have to mean all of your hard work can't still be put to good use. Just my two cents!

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2016, 01:42:31 AM »
kickstarting it was a bad idea.

Tags:

anything