Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: do you think Castlevania games should have more new and creative bosses?  (Read 16626 times)

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Fucking YES

Abaddon was a cool boss, as was Gergoth, Adremelech & the Wolfman. Legion has had way too many appearances.. but I always enjoy fighting it/them.

I would like to see Abraxas portrayed, as well as several other demons from Christian, Sumerian, Japanese, etc. mythology.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Fucking YES

Abaddon was a cool boss, as was Gergoth, Adremelech & the Wolfman. Legion has had way too many appearances.. but I always enjoy fighting it/them.

I would like to see Abraxas portrayed, as well as several other demons from Christian, Sumerian, Japanese, etc. mythology.

What Crisis said. I've just been bored with the bosses for each new Castlevania. They are almost the same. We need some new. Damn you IGA! Why can't you think something more creative?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
yeah. we need new bosses.  however, it gets hard to think of new ones sometimes.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Damn you IGA! Why can't you think something more creative?

I'm almost- almost- certain that the producer has no involvement over who comes up with the bosses. I'm fairly certain that has to do with the programmers or enemy design team- glancing at the credits of Aria and Portrait of Ruin, I don't see IGA as part of any of these groups...

Damn, IGA must be a one-man team.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:58:27 AM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
He's the one who should be giving the approval for things though. After all, he's the head of the entire cv section, and he does play the games they make, so he should be able to notice things that are wrong with them and point that out.

Rath

Damn, IGA must be a one-man team.

Ah hah! You guys just answered your own question.

The next CV should include the IGA-Legion. He is many, he is one. Just imagine a giant ball of nude Igas. THINK ABOUT IT.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
No, they should use the old bosses. In fact, they should just use one of the old bosses and have you fight them 100 times. How does everyone feel about Brauner? A vampire wearing an 80's suit and painting.

(....Bob Ross should be in the next castlevania. Main Character ftw!)
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Ah hah! You guys just answered your own question.

The next CV should include the IGA-Legion. He is many, he is one. Just imagine a giant ball of nude Igas. THINK ABOUT IT.

*buries head in hands and weeps*
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
well they wouldn't be exactly nude cause they would all be wearing that buckaroo hat.   ;D

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 08:55:44 PM »
Yes, I do.

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Why not the Goblin King(david bowie) reportrayed?

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 09:14:56 PM »
...Just imagine a giant ball of nude Igas. THINK ABOUT IT.

O_O

........sweet... fucking... shit of jeezus.... *gouges out eyes* GAH!- - . . . I just pictured it. And I need a drink now.

*stumbles out blindly*

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I would like some more creative bosses, especially considering PoR totally missed out on making Vampire Hitler.

But yeah, I like the mythology ideas other people mentioned. Having an Egyptian based area in PoR was pretty damned cool; I'd like other culture specific areas like that.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
I think there were some really good bosses in PoR. Keremet comes to mind and the PoR version of Dullahan was awesome.

I'd like it where you have to fulfill certain conditions to beat the boss like (and I'm only using this as an example because I can't think of a better one) God Of War. Maybe in order to defeat a certain boss, a vampire for example, you have to beat him with the Cross or soemthing like that. It'd put a new twist on boss fights and make them a little more strategic.

Tags: