Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: do you think Castlevania games should have more new and creative bosses?  (Read 16626 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I think there were some really good bosses in PoR. Keremet comes to mind and the PoR version of Dullahan was awesome.

I'd like it where you have to fulfill certain conditions to beat the boss like (and I'm only using this as an example because I can't think of a better one) God Of War. Maybe in order to defeat a certain boss, a vampire for example, you have to beat him with the Cross or soemthing like that. It'd put a new twist on boss fights and make them a little more strategic.

I totally agree with you DoctaMario!! ;)

Also very cool idea that you are having. Bosses with certain conditions to get defeated or damaged, is awesome. Why didn't i thought it first? ???
Ruler of Chaos

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Just imagine a giant ball of nude Igas. THINK ABOUT IT.

Oh my god! Bad visuals! Must go wash eyes with holy water!
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I'd rather have the game require you to think a bit instead of just having special weapons to kill the boss.

For example, let's take medusa. The only way to beat her would be to use a mirror shield to reflect her petrifying gaze back at her, then attack. Once she frees from it repeat, you wouldn't be able to attack otherwise.

Against vampires only holy weapons should be effective, with everything else doing nothing or at most single digit damage. And once beaten run up to it and use an oak stake from the inventory to finish him, otherwise the vampire will revive and start healing automatically, faster after he drinks your blood. :P

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
In Reply To #18

This isn't necessary. I don't remember which castlevania was, but i think it was CoD, death wasn't weak against holy. So their weakness doesn't need to be necessary their opposite element. It could be like galamoth from symphony. Galamoth was weak at his head. You could fight a boss and do minor damage to him, but with the appropriate weapon or item and the right spot to hit you would be able to defeat him. Otherwise you want be able and you'll have to go and find that weapon or item to defeat him.

So with that element, the game will be more interesting, harder to defeat and specially if it has secret bosses that you will encounter random at certain places or under special conditions. If you want be able to defeat them you'll see game over, but that will add a new experience to the game. I know that it will be annoying, since you'll lose all the progress that you have made up to this point, but this will give extra life to the game and also it will be interesting searching to find all the secret bosses at the game, specially if they play role at the ending of the game!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 12:18:39 PM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

SniperWolf

I like the whole strategy thing people are getting at, and I agree.
like in POR  and DOS how they had the bosses weeknesses and strenghs. But I think they should add more stuff like from SOTN that makes a boss absorb or block certain hits (like beezulbub absorbs darkness) that way u well have to use more specific items to kill them.

ArthurBelmont

New things are aways welcome, though I'd like to see Koranot, Puwexil (licks you up lol) and another forgotten bosses from old Castlevanias.

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
I am shocked that no one, NO ONE has thought of this. Death and the other three of the four horsemen. War, Pestilence, Famine.
War could be some sort of entity whose attacks evolves with every hit. He starts with a club and then moves to a sword, knife, cannon, gun, bazooka, and laser. Famine and Pestilence could be a tandem boss who could cause the hero to suffer loss of energy by hitting him with some sort of disease. Maybe Pestilence could hurl vials of viruses that slow the player down and make him/her sick. Famine could take away all of your food items that you have in your inventory or cause them to go bad so you can't use them until you beat the bosses.

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
In Reply To #22

I REALLY like that idea!

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Just a few more names to post. Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde, Dr. Frankenstein and his bride. I am not sure how you would put them in but I am sure there is a way.

A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Personally, I think its alright with what they got right now. They just need better AI.

SonOfBelmont

How to make bosses better and forgive me if I pull a tyrant.

1. More advanced ai that can counter, aticipate, and THINK
2. Bosses that get stronger as they die, no not like 2nd forms
3. Bosses that level up as you level up making the challenge harder
4. Crasy ass battles like pushing Dracula though a window and freefalling as you fight.
5. Bosess look good already but amp up the demon like factor and its all good.
6. Make Death and Dracula hard ass hell! not like memorize there moves and win, more like luck and willpower.
7. Finnishing moves that finsh off bosses such as taking death's sythe and hacking his head off

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

Wow! :o You have very wild imagination.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
How to make bosses better and forgive me if I pull a tyrant.

1. More advanced ai that can counter, aticipate, and THINK
2. Bosses that get stronger as they die, no not like 2nd forms
3. Bosses that level up as you level up making the challenge harder
4. Crasy ass battles like pushing Dracula though a window and freefalling as you fight.
5. Bosess look good already but amp up the demon like factor and its all good.
6. Make Death and Dracula hard ass hell! not like memorize there moves and win, more like luck and willpower.
7. Finnishing moves that finsh off bosses such as taking death's sythe and hacking his head off

Ok you SOB. You have my interest. It sounds like you want something that is more like Mortal Kombat as opposed to Castlevania. Advanced AI, bosses that get stronger when they die. When you mentioned number 6 I see that you want more skill based Castlevania games. Yep, now you are talking my language.

SonOfBelmont

Yah sounds like mortal but still fancy up the fighting areas though. Oh by the way where you agreeing with me Shin?

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Yes I absolutely was. I would like to see more combative or should I say Kombative boss fights with a bit more upscale backgrounds. I have some idears as to how Dracula could be made tougher.

I had a thought for a boss. I wonder if anyone said the Chupacabra?

Tags:

anything