Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: do you think Castlevania games should have more new and creative bosses?  (Read 16625 times)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Christians stole beezelbub. He was originally the lord of flies.

SonOfBelmont

The devil is lord of the flies its just sybolism, flies break stuff down so does Satin except he breaks down the laws of religion.

Quote Wikipedia

Ba
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 02:08:32 PM by SonOfBelmont »

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Ooh, yeah you're both right about the Lord of the Flies. I actually just read that book. It was pretty good.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Ooh, yeah you're both right about the Lord of the Flies. I actually just read that book. It was pretty good.

Yeah lord of the flies is awesome a bit unrealistic though.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
I am shocked that no one, NO ONE has thought of this. Death and the other three of the four horsemen. War, Pestilence, Famine.
War could be some sort of entity whose attacks evolves with every hit. He starts with a club and then moves to a sword, knife, cannon, gun, bazooka, and laser. Famine and Pestilence could be a tandem boss who could cause the hero to suffer loss of energy by hitting him with some sort of disease. Maybe Pestilence could hurl vials of viruses that slow the player down and make him/her sick. Famine could take away all of your food items that you have in your inventory or cause them to go bad so you can't use them until you beat the bosses.
     Ok, it's shamneless self promotion time again and I forgot something. You can't have the four horseman unless you add one more the Headless Horseman. Of course when I was young the four horseman were War Famine Death Fire and no Pestilence so I guess you could have fire with the flaming Jack-o-Lantern heads being thrown at the hero.

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
From what info we have get so far for the new castlevania on ds, we know about two new bosses. A giant crub and a giant worm. So i think that this question has been answered from konami!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
That would make a lot of people satisfied.

Yes.. we do.
The enemies that get new sprites in every new game
are the zombies(I know there are more).
I don't care if the new CV gets delayed, I just hope IGA re-imagines many of the enemies.

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards

I have to admit that I am not a fan of where CV is right now in it's IGA Metroid style of gaming with Final Fantasy type character portraits. What they did with enemies for the PSP game was interesting. I wish they had done the PSP game on a different platform though as the graphics for the characters are blocky and rough.

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

darkmelee

simple question.

simple answer.

yes for new ones, but it's nice to touch upon old ideas now and then.  they just need to do that LESS.  the new game may very well be the prior.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I think there were some really good bosses in PoR. Keremet comes to mind and the PoR version of Dullahan was awesome.

I'd like it where you have to fulfill certain conditions to beat the boss like (and I'm only using this as an example because I can't think of a better one) God Of War. Maybe in order to defeat a certain boss, a vampire for example, you have to beat him with the Cross or soemthing like that. It'd put a new twist on boss fights and make them a little more strategic.
Hmm.. CV64 comes to mind... Vampire bosses that were about twice as strong during night time and pretty weak during day time?... Nah I MUST be mistaken, it can't be that good now can it  ;)

As for new and original bosses.. I'd like a return of orlox only then enhanced a bit with a diffirent skillset instead of a drac copy, also I was thinking what if death appears in more than one form? like instead of his grim reaper appearance there a numerous other gods of death from diffirent cultures, those seem untouched by castlevania. Those could show up as bosses.

To sum it all up, I don't have many great idea's for diffirent bosses but I do agree the bosses can be made more tactical and challenging so that it doesn't become a simple hack and slash fest.

Tags:

anything