Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: the Castlevania Movie...  (Read 5964 times)

Mega-Deth

the Castlevania Movie...
« on: May 22, 2008, 09:21:32 PM »
So....Sylvain White is directing the Castlevania movie...and they're spending $200,000,000 on this movie.
Yeah, it's a lot of money, but I know why...because they know if they fuck up, evryone will hate them.
Movies fucking suck at the whole VG-to-Movie thing. Remember Super Mario Bros, the movie? Sucked. Double Dragon? Sucked. AvP? It was alright. Every VG-to-Movie is either...It Sucked, or, Alright. Well, thank god they are working damn hard on this Castlevania movie. Castlevania is atile that should not be ruined ( oh wait, the anime style in Dawn of Sorrow kinda did that ).

My point is....this movie will Rock.2009 we await you.
Us as hardcore Castlevania fans should just fucking pray to god that they don't fuck up...I mean, Castlevania would make a PERFECT horror/action movie. There is no possible way you can fuck that up. Even Ben Isaacs Castlevania movie was good ( considering what he had to work with ).

Anyway...I'm sure a lot of you,like me, are looking forward to a kick ass soundtrack. Not only do they have to perfect he film, but he soundtrack has to be like, hardcore Castlevania. So we're to expect Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears, Simons theme, and then some original material that just makes you want to spontaneously combust.

Oh, and if any of yo udon't know me, my account expired. I came here uh...what,4 years ago maybe...was almost banned a few times...so yeah. Fuck.

Discuss.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: the Castlevania Movie...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 09:30:16 PM »
One could say turning a videogame that has maybe 10 minutes worth of text dialogue in any outing into a 2 hour movie is already a concept that is fucked up.

The reason so many of these games to movies bomb at the box office, and in quality in general, is that most of their content is filled with gameplay. And you can't translate gameplay very well to something interesting and watchable to an outside audience.

That said, if this movie manages to encompass the entire story you probably have enough to make something, although you're still gonna have to make up your own shit.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 10:41:44 PM »
Wait, I might've been reading the article wrong, but I'm sure it said 200 million spread across Castlevania movie, Pacman movie and a sequel to Hard Boiled. Who'd invest 200 million dollars, alone, in a CV movie. Heh, no offense, but that'd be a massive waste, ESPECIALLY for a video game movie.

warfreak

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 03:25:15 AM »
In Reply To #2

If they're going to make a movie, the plot is their biggest hurdle. It will probably turn out ok if they get a decent plot going. They HAVE to make up their own stuff related to CV, that's mandatory. We can only hope they don't mess it up and that they'll stay true to the original material at least, ie. continuity with the series and recurring characters that are true to their personalities.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 12:31:22 PM »
In Reply To #1

where are you getting this info from?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 02:50:56 AM »
In Reply To #5

http://kotaku.com/5010248/someone-is-sinking-200-million-in-to-[b]pac+man[/b]-castlevania-movies

It says right there in the title: Pac-Man. But still that's a lot of money to be spending on 2 or 3 movies.

THIS is prolly the right way to do a Pac-Man movie:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 02:54:55 AM by A N T R A X X »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 02:54:08 PM »
In Reply To #7

So is a Pac-Man Movie actually going to be made?! Wierd...
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 03:14:41 PM »
 :o...how can you make a movie based on the contents of pacman?
Honestly people keep getting weirder, I swear...

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 05:31:27 PM »
In Reply To #9

I know! It's a story-less, character-less game! How do you make that into a movie. The fanmade version is probably the only way.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline jimmay17

• "Naysayer"
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 07:12:51 PM »
Since the OP brought up the soundtrack, it got me thinking. After seeing 300 and Iron Man, I can just about guarantee the chances of them adding drop D guitar riffs to Castlevania music mainstays like Bloody Tears and Bloodlines are at somewhere around 90% for this new movie's score. For those of you who don't know, 'drop D' guitar is low tuned metal guitar in the vein of Disturbed and Godsmack, that annoying 'chunk-ka-chunk-ka-chunk chunk-ka-chunk-ka-chunk' you hear repeated over and over anytime television or movies want a scene to be 'extreme.' It's frequently utilized in conjunction with pretentious, showy slow motion action sequences, the kind were all the actors are wearing skin tight leather. I shudder with horror. 
If I forgot "everything I knew about Castlevania" I certainly wouldn't be excited about a new one coming out now would I?

Offline The Belmont Pizza

• We baked by real Castlevania oven!
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 08:32:22 PM »
I want castlevania movie to have original castlevania soundtrack music game into movies! Just like how they did to silent hill movie. I know, I will try not to get my hope up.
Would you like to add "Medusa" snake-hair on your pizza?

MidnightSun

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 10:38:18 PM »
Movies fucking suck at the whole VG-to-Movie thing.

I didn't think the Resident Evil movies were all that bad.  They weren't great, but they were at least worth a watch.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 11:04:32 PM »

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 12:32:52 AM »
In Reply To #14

hmm.. that movie could actually have content and be worthwhile watching.

Tags:

anything