Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania resurrection OST  (Read 4552 times)

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: May 23, 2008, 04:33:01 AM »
Wel I know the dungeon once had it since I still have three songs from that collection. The problem is that the dungeon apearantly doesn't have it anymore.
Does someone still have it or know where to get it?

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 08:32:36 AM »
yeah apparently the author bawwwww'd about them and they were taken down from several sites, dungeon included.

they're on emule and probably some torrents. search for castlevania resurrection and it should be one of the first results.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania resurrection OST
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 07:09:02 AM »
It's good music, although some of it definitely wouldn't have fit Castlevania very well.

I still pop it in for a listen every once and awhile. I even went so far as to edit and loop a couple of my faves (Another Vampire Killer, Have Mercy).

"Observe their fates and learn well."

darkmelee

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 03:15:39 AM »
well, it'd be a treat to hear something of these in later games, kinda like they've been doing with the Haunted Castle soundtrack.  hopefuls?

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 11:46:44 AM »
well, it'd be a treat to hear something of these in later games, kinda like they've been doing with the Haunted Castle soundtrack.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 02:17:02 PM »
I think they said in an interview that not all of those songs belong to Resurrection but that those songs were simply all on one disk they sent to the press. ( the disco track..I have no idea how that would fit.) But the clock theme is quite entertaining though not really cv like :p

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 02:27:33 PM »
I like that theme's hook; what with the actual clock ticks. But prolly a little too light-hearted to be a clocktower song.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 03:07:23 PM »
I like that theme's hook; what with the actual clock ticks. But prolly a little too light-hearted to be a clocktower song.
True, it's a bit too cartoony to fit the castlevania theme but the actual clock ticking was something I also liked.

The whole snakefood theme sounds ok but it feels unfinished, same with some other songs. Overal the soundtrack is great but I guess the factor that the game got cancelled prevented the team from completing it properly.(or maybe they did but never released it.)

Tags: