Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Infidelity  (Read 9894 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 11:11:39 AM »
Yes. That's part of the reason I'm two years divorced now.
"Stuff and things."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 02:25:28 PM »
+1
@Ratty: There is a difference between being tempted and caving into the urge to act on that temptation. Certainly thoughts can become toxic, but the better man files away the thoughts and doesn't cheat.

It all boils down to expectations of the partners and the established situation understood by each. If partners both clearly understand the casual nature of the relationship, and are OK with promiscuity in the relationship, then so be it. Have a ball and keep safe. If that is not the case, then one or both sides have been lead on to believe that the relationship is exclusive. When a partner cheats within an exclusive relationship, that is absolutely inexcusable. They are a class A scumbag.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 04:18:55 PM »
What if the guy or girl doesn't realize the other thinks it's an exclusive relationship? What if through no fault of his or her own the guy or girl is in an open relationship in his or her mind but his or her partner doesn't feel the same way? That's not cheating, that's the other person being an idiot and thinking she or he is in deeper than she or he really is.  Just because your partner is an idealistic bimbo doesn't mean you're cheating, it just means you're a man-pig and doing what all good man-pigs do -- fucking sows.

I'm certain my ex would have cheated on me, assuming she wasn't already cheating on me while we were together.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 04:26:24 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 05:53:56 PM »
+1
Withholding your intentions of the relationship to save as a "not my fault" card later is even worse than just cheating. That is just down right intent to use, abuse, and throw away then you're done. Thats a pretty sick attitude to have. Also, open relationships are also the exception not the rule, such will be the typical presumption. Both partners need to be explicit with their intentions, especially if they differ from the norm.

The amount of excuses being made in this thread is actually pretty disturbing.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 06:07:23 PM »

It all boils down to expectations of the partners and the established situation understood by each. If partners both clearly understand the casual nature of the relationship, and are OK with promiscuity in the relationship, then so be it. Have a ball and keep safe. If that is not the case, then one or both sides have been lead on to believe that the relationship is exclusive. When a partner cheats within an exclusive relationship, that is absolutely inexcusable. They are a class A scumbag.

I'm with uzo on this one there should be no excuse for this kind of behavior. This kind of damage goes beyond just physical it's an emotional as well one that may never heal and can cause one major doubts about the opposite sex for the rest of their lives.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 01:17:31 AM »
I agree uzo, that's been one of my main contentions. That (in)fidelity is largely a matter of communication, and depends heavily on how partners in a relationship agree to define it. Personally I think most people are inclined to stick to a two partner system when it comes to long-term relationships but even then there's a lot of leeway and variation from couple to couple. Some spouses would consider it cheating or tantamount to cheating if their partner went to a stripclub, some go to the clubs with their partner and get lapdances of their own.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:22:06 AM by Ratty »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 01:49:41 AM »
@Ratty: There is a difference between being tempted and caving into the urge to act on that temptation. Certainly thoughts can become toxic, but the better man files away the thoughts and doesn't cheat.

I lived through that myself. I had the opportunity to cheat. And I mean mean this other woman was naked in front of me but I couldn't do it to my girlfriend who was passed out drunk in the next room and was definitely NOT waking up until the next day. And I really like this other woman too, so it wasn't easy to turn her down. I did make out with her, but my girlfriend and I agreed making out was fine especially if we were tipsy. On the other hand she ended up cheating on me twice after we were married and all of HER friends are now MY friends because they think she's an asshole for fucking up the best relationship she ever had in the meanest shittiest way possible to one of the nicest guys they've ever met.

Amen to that, +1.

What if the guy or girl doesn't realize the other thinks it's an exclusive relationship?

Then the person that doesn't realize is a moron. The basic foundation of any good relationship is complete honesty and communication. If they haven't had a conversation about the nature of their relationship by like the third date, then you're both idiots and you're doing it all wrong. They would be setting themselves up for disaster.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:03:48 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 12:14:10 AM »
And that's when you lay it all down on the line for her, and say, "Thanks, you stupid bitch, for introducing me to your sister. What's for dinner, by the way?" HAHA I'm drunk and bowled a shitty ass four frames tonight cause I was trying to bowl 2-finger hooks for the first time ever tonight.

If the bitch is a fucking psycho and thinks your body is entirely hers, cheat her ass out of happiness by all means. I personally would have never cheated on my ex sexually -- maybe bite my lip and make Hannibal Lector impersonations toward other girls at most -- because I'm not the type of guy to cheat on a girl outright. If a girl cheated on me, I'd probably pound her face into a bloody mess, so I would expect the same from her and therefore wouldn't put either of us through that. As it is, my ex was just a selfish bitch and we broke up before any temptation crept in between us. Just think how you would feel if your bitch cheated on you. If it's a negative feeling that you get, then don't cheat on her; simple as that. That's my philosophy.

Although both Danny Bonaduce and I think Dr. Drew have both said that cheating leads to some of the best sex -- it gets your partner all worked up and rowdy. If your partner isn't interested in you as of late, they're obviously not cheating on you. That's what they've said. It makes a lot of sense.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Lone Wolf

Re: Infidelity
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 05:13:30 AM »
Man... In my case, i wouldn't consider it definitely cheating, nor just cheat anyone like this, with the "pure" intention of making them sad.. Even if for revenge... No...
I'm just a bit confused with my emotions. Although i've been thinking too much on a girl these last days...
And i just can't take her out of my mind... I.. I think i love her, maybe?
But what is love? Is this love that i'm feeling? How do i know that?
Maybe.... Maybe i really, really, REALLY DO love her... I just can't get why.
Why doesn't she talk to me? And why the hell can't i just wait for her?
And then these two girls came... They seemed so nice.. I really think they're very nice, and it's not because of a lustful desire.
I mean, i still like them. As well. They're both amazing girls!
But, i don't know what to do.. Should i wait for my first girl? This one i can't stop thinking about?
Should i still keep these two relationships? And my feelings for them as well?
Or... Should i break it? Should i just kill it, give it a stop and focus on one only girl?
But man... What about them? I DO care about them, i don't wanna make them sad, nor disappointed... I don't want to make them suffer...
And i still keep thinking about her... And the distance between us.. The last time we talked.. Then she came at me and said "good night"..
She is still online, sometimes.. But she doesn't talk to me anymore.. Why? Is this something i did?
I still feel rejected seing that she doesn't talk to me, even when seing me online..
I know, she's got her problems... And then, maybe she's just having some time on Web so she could distract herself and forget about those real life problems of hers a little bit, nothing much...
Argh, maybe i just have to leave her alone for a while... But how longer should i wait until she's got on the mood to talk to me once again?
I DO know i should respect her privacy, and her freedom.. But.. I'm afraid.. That maybe she could forgive me.. Or maybe be sad with me, or maybe not feel well.. That something bad could happen to her, something i don't know about...
This damn worry.. And all this curiosity of mine... All this fear that she could never be able to come back and say "hi" again...
I miss her... I miss her so much..
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:20:32 AM by Lone Wolf »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 09:04:59 AM »
You really are creepy. You know that, right?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 10:07:40 AM »
+1
He's only human and that's all anyone should ever expect out of another human being, especially those of the religious faith.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 11:14:48 PM »
+1
Man... In my case, i wouldn't consider it definitely cheating, nor just cheat anyone like this, with the "pure" intention of making them sad.. Even if for revenge... No...
I'm just a bit confused with my emotions. Although i've been thinking too much on a girl these last days...
And i just can't take her out of my mind... I.. I think i love her, maybe?
But what is love? Is this love that i'm feeling? How do i know that?
Maybe.... Maybe i really, really, REALLY DO love her... I just can't get why.
Why doesn't she talk to me? And why the hell can't i just wait for her?
And then these two girls came... They seemed so nice.. I really think they're very nice, and it's not because of a lustful desire.
I mean, i still like them. As well. They're both amazing girls!
But, i don't know what to do.. Should i wait for my first girl? This one i can't stop thinking about?
Should i still keep these two relationships? And my feelings for them as well?
Or... Should i break it? Should i just kill it, give it a stop and focus on one only girl?
But man... What about them? I DO care about them, i don't wanna make them sad, nor disappointed... I don't want to make them suffer...
And i still keep thinking about her... And the distance between us.. The last time we talked.. Then she came at me and said "good night"..
She is still online, sometimes.. But she doesn't talk to me anymore.. Why? Is this something i did?
I still feel rejected seing that she doesn't talk to me, even when seing me online..
I know, she's got her problems... And then, maybe she's just having some time on Web so she could distract herself and forget about those real life problems of hers a little bit, nothing much...
Argh, maybe i just have to leave her alone for a while... But how longer should i wait until she's got on the mood to talk to me once again?
I DO know i should respect her privacy, and her freedom.. But.. I'm afraid.. That maybe she could forgive me.. Or maybe be sad with me, or maybe not feel well.. That something bad could happen to her, something i don't know about...
This damn worry.. And all this curiosity of mine... All this fear that she could never be able to come back and say "hi" again...
I miss her... I miss her so much..

Communication man.
Talk to this special girl, does she return the way you feel? If yes, then she probably wants to be exclusive, ask her if she does. If not, then decide if you want to be with one or both of the other girls. Talk to them, tell them truthfully how you feel about them and ask each if they want to be exclusive. This is a specific interpersonal question and not a general or philosophical question you're asking, talk to the people involved, not us. They will know how they feel about the situtation and their place in it a lot better than we ever could, and they deserve for you to be honest and frank with them.

Lone Wolf

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2013, 01:02:37 AM »
You really are creepy. You know that, right?

I don't really expect for you to understand such a thing, though... So nvm..

He's only human and that's all anyone should ever expect out of another human being, especially those of the religious faith.

No, man.. Yes, i am human.. But it's not that simple.. And i'm not religious though.

Communication man.
Talk to this special girl, does she return the way you feel? If yes, then she probably wants to be exclusive, ask her if she does. If not, then decide if you want to be with one or both of the other girls. Talk to them, tell them truthfully how you feel about them and ask each if they want to be exclusive. This is a specific interpersonal question and not a general or philosophical question you're asking, talk to the people involved, not us. They will know how they feel about the situtation and their place in it a lot better than we ever could, and they deserve for you to be honest and frank with them.

I know. I didn't think i could do this alone, that's why i came here. I felt like i needed some support and see if maybe i could organize my ideas. :rollseyes:
(click to show/hide)
Now she doesn't really come very often. But when she does, she barely has the mood to do things around.
She doesn't even talk to me, even if i say 'hi'. I guess she's just busy and doesn't have much time then?
Yeah, maybe this. Maybe it's not a big deal, but it wouldn't hurt to at least care for her a bit, right?
And get worried about her.. Thank heavens, at least i'm careful with the people i love.. :rollseyes:
But, about being exclusive with one of them, i don't know..
She doesn't even know about the other two, and i don't think i can talk to her about it, even considering she's barely online... :/
I asked the second one, and she wouldn't mind if i had other girls, since i stayed with her as well..
I don't see anything bad on it either. I just don't want to make any of them sad.. Even if i had to, but they also have their opinions, and i must respect them as well.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:29:44 AM by Lone Wolf »

Lone Wolf

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2013, 04:33:02 AM »
Argh... Who do i want to lie to?
I freakin know that my feeling for her is different, special.
About the others, i dont really think i feel the same thing..
And i cant force myself to stay with them. Maybe as friends, but thats another thing. I would be lying to both girls, and myself as well. And my girl, too..
Yeah.. I should talk to them. I should be frantic with them. But i dont want to make them sad, i just dont want to live a lie, nor force them to it, either.
I think it's the best thing to do, surely.
Thanks for supporting me on this, guys. :)

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2013, 05:29:21 AM »
Argh... Who do i want to lie to?
I freakin know that my feeling for her is different, special.
About the others, i dont really think i feel the same thing..
And i cant force myself to stay with them. Maybe as friends, but thats another thing. I would be lying to both girls, and myself as well. And my girl, too..
Yeah.. I should talk to them. I should be frantic with them. But i dont want to make them sad, i just dont want to live a lie, nor force them to it, either.
I think it's the best thing to do, surely.
Thanks for supporting me on this, guys. :)

Yes, all good relationships are built on honesty and trust, you can't have one without the other. Being honest and upfront with all of these girls is the right thing to do.

Tags: