Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Young Justice: Season 3 announced  (Read 4068 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« on: November 07, 2016, 03:26:24 PM »
I dunno if anyone here are DC comics or Young Justice fans, but Warner Bros. Animation just announced that Young Justice, for the first time in three years, is back in production for its third season, with the original producers returning. Episode count and where it will be airing will be revealed later, though I wouldn't be surprised if it aired on The CW or Cartoon Network. Just hoping the original voice cast comes back, too.

It's a pretty surprising announcement, but it does show that all the petitioning and such really does pay off sometimes.

Young Justice is one of my favorite TV shows ever created, so you've got no idea how excited I am about this. Anyone else fans of the series here?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 03:28:18 PM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 10:56:37 PM »
Meh. i quit watching after witnessing the team beat Amazo. Those little shits beat Amazo? yea right.

I'm more hyped for JLA.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 06:19:33 AM »
Meh. i quit watching after witnessing the team beat Amazo. Those little shits beat Amazo? yea right.

I'd say it was more just that Young Justice had a pretty slow start overall, something that plagues a lot of TV shows. Definitely no excuse just because it happens to other shows, but the show really picks up, and the second half of Season 1 is especially fantastic.

That being said, I'm also pretty hyped about JLA. Looks awesome.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 06:34:35 PM »
Wait... JLA is coming back too?
I hope these come back as Netflix exclusives, I'm tired of Cartoon Network being all around a shit company.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 08:43:21 PM »
Wait... JLA is coming back too?
I hope these come back as Netflix exclusives, I'm tired of Cartoon Network being all around a shit company.

JLA, as in Justice League Action, a new animated series DC announced uh... back during the SDCC earlier this year I think? Premiering on November 27. Notable for having a pretty all-star cast, particularly Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill doing the voices for Batman and Joker on a TV series again (though I'm not excited about this at all, particularly because as The Killing Joke's movie has shown, both of their voices have really aged).

Considering Netflix are the ones who really pushed to have Young Justice come back, I'm really hoping it's a Netflix exclusive. Especially since they won't be confined to having to work with just super kid-friendly stuff. Season 2 really showed the writers wanted to go somewhere a bit darker, but it really clashed, in multiple areas, with the tone CN wanted them to have.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 09:12:50 PM »
No way, Mark Hamil and Kevin Conroy is teh definitive Batman for the animations.

I do like the Dark Knight's batman voice too but it's no Kevin Conroy.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 10:35:42 PM »
They are. But they sounded awful in The Killing Joke. I mean, that movie had a whole lot of other problems, but the voice acting of those two in particular was pretty bad.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 09:15:46 AM »
Killing Joke just wasn't good imo. It's odd because I do like the pair up of Barbara and Bruce. But they just put it in there in a horrid way that just doesn't connect well to anything.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 08:49:36 PM »
Yeah, it was a pretty terrible movie. It felt like an episode of an unreleased animated series was slapped on to the beginning of a Killing Joke special. The whole first story arc didn't really mesh well with the second. The animation was wonky, too. And while the comic book was dark as hell, the movie just felt par for the course.

The pairing up between Bruce and Barbara wasn't really a big deal to me, especially since it happened in the DCAU, where Bruce got Barbara pregnant while she was in a relationship with Dick.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 12:04:55 PM »
Wow, that link.

Never seen that, but that seems like a horrible way of doing it. Sigh, way to kill a pairing I liked a lot.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 06:34:09 PM »
Yeah, there's a reason a lot of fans consider the tie-in comics to be non-canon (though as far as I understand, they are canon. Could be wrong though).

I've always been a big supporter of the Bruce/Selina relationship anyway. I find that one to have the most depth.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 04:19:08 AM »
Yeah, there's a reason a lot of fans consider the tie-in comics to be non-canon (though as far as I understand, they are canon. Could be wrong though).

I've always been a big supporter of the Bruce/Selina relationship anyway. I find that one to have the most depth.

All is Canon; just separated in multiverses and alot more organized (with plenty of story potential) than the mess known as Marvel's Multiverse
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Multiverse/Universe_Listing

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 07:46:52 AM »
I'm well aware that the entirety of the DC multiverse is considered canon in some form or another. But as far as "DC Animated Universe" is considered, most fans don't consider the tie-in comics to be canon in that particular universe.

I thought it was really damn awesome that they brought it together with that DC Rebirth Flash storyline with Wally. Easily one of my favorite comics.

Tags:

anything