Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Regarding Ericard  (Read 34142 times)

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« on: March 13, 2015, 07:29:40 AM »
Is there something we can do? I stalked him to his youtube videos and left some comments under "his" Castlevania games. He still claims that the amazing Dracula sprite does not belong to anyone and he CAN'T remove it from his game.

In the past I have never thought that someone could just take something like a sprite,model etc. and call it his own. But when I saw that "person" has no regrets and acts like an idiot claiming that he did a great job just makes me angry :D

PS: Also his attempts at Castlevania fan games suxx!!! :D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:34:38 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 09:42:53 AM »
Reminds me of the kind of shit donlicht used to pull.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 10:08:47 AM »
I'm doing the most I can do at the moment, which is badmouthing this dude wherever I go and he's present. I moderate a Castlevania page, too, and there he won't be making any success so soon.

He actually tried to be funny through PM with me, acting as if nothing had happened, and implying that I was angry "at my work". Dude's mental.

I can see him coming in online now and then and I keep an eye about what he's reading so if he tries something funny claiming to "not know the source", I'll have screencaped the shit out of him.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 10:12:00 AM »
Brilliant!

I actually wondered if Ericard and Donlicht were the same person because it was such blatant disregard.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 01:25:07 PM »
Just so you know, on the Castlevania Facebook Group, an user by the name of "Ryu Hayabusa" has been uploading videos of the "Castlevania LCD Chronicles", based on OpenBOR.
He's been extensively posting stuff there, so if you want to chime in on Facebook, look for the open group "Castlevania".

The FB page for Ryu Hayabusa links to the game, which links to Ericard Productions:
clicky

However, I'm going to edit the thread title, for harmony'e sake.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: The stealing, plagiarizing user called Ericard :)
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 02:10:11 PM »
Commodus Gives a Thumbs Down

Seriously though... I am not a mod, but why is Elicard not being banned or punished regarding this?

I think there should be some kind of statement made about this as it may discourage others from the doing this in the future.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 02:13:19 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 02:55:50 PM »
1. This forum's jurisdiction does not extend outside of this forum. Meaning, the actions an user takes against another outside of this forum are not for us to moderate.
2. Technically, there are no rules specifically stating that plagiarism outside of the forum is an offense within the forum.
3. Even if there were such a rule, banning would not solve the problem of the work being plagiarized.  I would think it would be a slap in the wrist at best.  After all, the user is banned, but they can still publish the work elsewhere, with impunity.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 03:49:55 PM »
Just so you know, on the Castlevania Facebook Group, an user by the name of "Ryu Hayabusa" has been uploading videos of the "Castlevania LCD Chronicles", based on OpenBOR.
He's been extensively posting stuff there, so if you want to chime in on Facebook, look for the open group "Castlevania".

The FB page for Ryu Hayabusa links to the game, which links to Ericard Productions:
clicky

Sweet sweet lead...

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 04:55:18 PM »
Yeah, what Jorge said. I hate plagiarism with a passion and Ericard makes me very suspicious, but we just don't have the authority to stop him from plagiarising stuff outside the CVD, and we can't punish him on here for stuff he does elsewhere. But rest assured we'll take action if he tries to do anything sketchy to anyone here or otherwise cause trouble.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 07:38:21 PM »
Left him this on his page's guestbook.

What part of plottwist saying "you stole my sprite and used it without my permission and I DO NOT want it used, and want it removed from the game" didn't you get? Not knowing his name is one thing (which is also bullshit, it takes ten seconds to check the page the sprite was posted on), but he made it abundantly clear he didn't want his work in your project, and yet you're still using it.

So you've jumped from haphazardous ignorance to straight-up theft of content. And you think this is okay, because why? And don't give me that crap about the game being "too far done" to remove the sprite; that's not a valid excuse, that's you being a lazy fuck to try and cover your ass for stealing someone's content.

Remove plottwist's Dracula sprite. This matter is not for you to decide, and the creator has vehemently demanded you remove it. At this point you're just deliberately being an asshole.

Otherwise, we're just gonna keep posting and repeating this until either you get the message or other people see what kind of person you are. What you're doing is wrong and your justifications for it are fucking pitiful.

Remove plottwist's sprite. He's denied you usage and repeatedly told you "no." Take the hint already.

Posting it here in case it gets canned, so I can just repost it as needed.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 03:04:00 AM »
OK, let me give you some legal insight on the situation. It's actually quite simple: either Ericard credits plot as the sprite's creator WITH plot's official authorization (don't think plot will allow him now), or Ericard has to remove the sprite from his game (which he could totally do ; saying he cannot is just bullshit).

If Ericard doesn't remove the sprite and keep using it without plot's authorization, plot can try different solutions. Clicky for more details. Please note the Fair Use law won't apply here.

Anyway, I'm still studying Internet law, but am specialized in French IP law, which is different from the Common Law system. So take my answer with a grain of salt. ;)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 03:32:52 AM »
Actually, seeing as the design is all original and the name Dracula isn't outright copyrighted, would the sprite not qualify as an IP? Sure it was made with Castlevania in mind, but if plot simply removes or otherwise alters those ties to the CV IP the sprite basically becomes his, if I'm interpreting the USCA and whatnot correctly.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 04:09:04 AM »
Actually, seeing as the design is all original and the name Dracula isn't outright copyrighted, would the sprite not qualify as an IP? Sure it was made with Castlevania in mind, but if plot simply removes or otherwise alters those ties to the CV IP the sprite basically becomes his, if I'm interpreting the USCA and whatnot correctly.
As long as plot created the sprite, he got all rights on it.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 07:55:20 AM »
Real fuckin' mature, Ericard.

Posting this screenshot as I dont know if the post is going to get deleted.
(click to show/hide)

Notice how Ericard refers to himself on third person now.

Ryu is Ericard. As soon as I posted the link, Ericard came online here.

If it does not get deleted, keep reading here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2204577638/permalink/10152947840602639/

UPDATE: According to the moderator of the group, Ericard has tried selling the game to him, for 15 bucks. He tried selling copyrighted material that he didn't create. Also, Ryu is one of his many fake accounts.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:05:09 AM by theplottwist »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 08:09:49 AM »
...Ericard has tried selling the game to him, for 15 bucks.

Copyrighted material aside, he seriously thinks his game is worth 15 bucks? Oh wow.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:11:46 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Tags: theplottwist