Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What Castlevania games are you currently playing?  (Read 4283 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
What Castlevania games are you currently playing?
« on: April 09, 2014, 08:22:52 AM »
After reconquering Dracula X Chronicles (along with Rondo and the 'director's cut' of SotN) during the past couple weeks, I'm currently battling my way through CotM. I love the atmosphere of the game - like SotN had a baby with Super Castlevania IV. The Underground Gallery and Underground Warehouse both seem straight out of the latter. The gallery in particular had some nice detailing. I still have no idea if that's rust or something worse leaking out from those ram's heads mounted along the walls. Also, the Machine Tower is still the best clock tower since the old games, outclassed perhaps only by OoE's stage. The boss fights are still...well, boss. The Zombie Dragons, Necromancer, Adramelech, and Dracula's second form are tops.

Still, I wish some of the smaller areas had their own theme as Sinking Old Sanctuary gets old really quick. I wish Vampire Killer was used for a different area though instead of the largest stage in the game, or Sotaro Tojima should've looked towards the longer variant from the X68k game instead of Super Castlevania IV's. I generally like all the remixes, even its underrated version of Dance of Illusions. I just wish there were more original compositions, because they were all excellent.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:24:28 AM by beingthehero »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: What Castlevania games are you currently playing?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 09:55:12 AM »
LoS2 ^^ Tring to get the last achievements (already got the 110% and 100% in Revelations :))

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 10:14:24 AM »
OoE at the moment because I had a hankering.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 10:28:17 AM »
+1
OoE and PoR.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 10:44:10 AM »
+1
Castlevania Adventures Rebirth, Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse and Castlevania the Lecarde Chronicles(fangame)

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Founder of CV: Souls of Sorrow
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 11:23:01 AM »
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night!  ;D

Offline K.K. Drunkinski

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 11:29:25 AM »
Been perfecting my CV Legends skills. Finally beat it on one life for the first time, with a Hit Score of 594. Besides that, been trying to get the best ending on Dracula X for the second time. Haven't done it in over 8 years.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 11:33:24 AM »
Harmony of Dissonance, the most metroidvania out of all metroidvanias. Strangely underappreciated. Hokkai's music is atmospheric tunes done right. Also has more variety than usual between areas. Room of Illusions and the Sky Walkway are great. 

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 01:05:37 PM »
Bloodlines. For some obscure reason, it's the only main CV installment I'd never played before.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Morning star

• Vanquishing Evil Since 1987
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Vintage video game collector.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 01:45:02 PM »
Chronicles (original game) and Bloodlines are the last two difficult games i have yet to master. I alternate between them and smash through on of the other titles whenever the mood strikes me.

This magic whip could be an example of advanced alien technology.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 02:27:26 PM »
Castlevania NES is the most recent one I've played.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 04:49:38 PM »
In the past weeks, I played the GBA Castlevanias, beggining with AoS, then HoD, and finally CoTM. I really enjoy that one, because I played in a bright screen (CoTM was my first GBA game with my first edition purple GBA :P).

I try to pass the new stage in DXC, but I can simply get to the boss!!! I need more practice. Oh, and I played also the Boss Rush in that game :).
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 07:41:30 PM »
Because of the PS3 I recently received, I decided to give LoS a try.  I do have a few complaints (1 - I now know I pretty much hate QTEs; 2 - Stop switching my camera view around!  I don't need all these dynamic perspectives!; 3 - While I don't mind having to explore a little, and while I know I'm not the most observant person...some of the paths I'm supposed to take seem a bit too obscure.)...but otherwise, I have genuinely enjoyed the game.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 10:39:52 PM »
I beat Adventure Rebirth and LoI a few weeks ago and I must say they're both a lot of fun. It's been awhile since I've played them and I enjoyed them lots. I also had a girl over here who wanted to watch me play RoB. I couldn't say no to that so I beat that one too.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 02:09:13 PM »
I'm playing chronicles/x68000.
Ruler of Chaos

Tags: