Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Your Gaming Collections (now with 56K warning)  (Read 55435 times)

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: Your Gaming Collections (now with 56K warning)
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2011, 11:35:24 PM »
Just got brand new Eternal Darkness for Gamecube, and brand new MDK 2 for Dreamcast off eBay. Love eBay. Fuck gamestop. Though I did get No More Heroes 2 for Wii for 12.99 new at a Gamestop recently. They sometimes have good deals. And this time it was actually in shrink wrap. Also got a complete used Super Metroid on eBay for merely 34.00 including shipping. Good deal. The box had some minor wear, but in this condition they usually go for lot more cash. Though I think Metroid games were all the rage on eBay around the holiday season. Sometimes it's best to wait a few months.... Now I just need a mint Cannon Spike for Dreamcast and I'll feel pretty complete. I got drunk the other day and overslept... missed an auction...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:37:55 PM by ShinAkumaXX »

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2011, 01:00:42 PM »
Got a few packages arriving over the next few days, and next week I purchase one more game, then a break.

Today's pickup is, Ganbare Goemon 4 SFC, an excellent game.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2011, 02:19:33 PM »
More stuff arrived, some goodies.

Famicom:
Kid Drac

SNES/SFC:
Ganbare Goemon 3

Genesis:
Sparkster
Marvel Land
Tiny Toons: Busters Hidden Treasures
Lethal Enforcers II

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2011, 03:07:49 AM »
After reading all these games you are getting Bloodreign, i have a question for you, where do you stock all these games? Do you use a room as a warehouse? I'm really curious........
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2011, 02:34:08 PM »
Arkanoid II Revenge of Doh FC

As for where I store it, in my bedroom on a few shelves, on a dresser, and inside a couple dresser drawers. Also have a couple CD racks, one on my wall, and one on my PC desk where I store CD games, and the top rock of the PC desk has games on it too. I wind up with clever ideas on how to store the games, but space is starting to get a tad tight, thankfully a lot of my games are loose, or else I'd really be in a pickle.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2011, 02:40:43 PM »
I still would like to see pictures, it's gotta be a pain organizing it all though

I thought this was a sticky thread??

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2011, 11:22:24 PM »
I still would like to see pictures, it's gotta be a pain organizing it all though

I thought this was a sticky thread??

It isn't a sticky, as for pictures, I'd rather do a video  if I ever decide to take it all down. Everything's tightly packed in I'm afraid, doing so would take hours, even with a video. I'd have to videotape, pull games off, videotape what's behind the front games, etc.. Unfortunately I don't own a video camera, or a cell phone (quality from those tend to be awful anyway). Perhaps one day, though I am close to 900 (the VC titles don't really need video, but the other 875 or so would).

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2011, 10:53:55 AM »
The last of the 9 purchases I made arrived today, making a payment on something tomorrow, won't say the game name just yet. However the game I received however today I will, Puyo Puyo Sun Ketteiban PSX, love puzzle games.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2011, 01:11:51 PM »
Game #10 in a 10 game buying frenzy for me, and it's a doozy.

Sparkster SNES, this now gives me all of the little opossum's classic titles.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2011, 08:06:04 PM »
Another bump for a minor purchase or 3:

NES: Cyberball - arcade port of a decent robot football game, nothing to write home about.

GB: The Little Mermaid - Capcom game for GB, probably not a port of the NES game, haven't tried it yet.

SNES: Saturday Night Slam Masters - port of the arcade game, awesome game, Haggar from Final Fight is in it.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2011, 08:19:55 PM »
Just got Ogre Battle 64 for 24 bucks.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2011, 12:15:28 AM »
Finally took the plunge and got New Super Mario Bros. on the Wii, paid finally less than what it's going for. It came in a paper sleeve at the Game Over shop, so I had to make another trip to Gamestop to pick up a blank Wii case, thankfully the guy there was cool enough to give me official artwork from the game, so now it has the regular cases front and back. Biggest bummer, no manual, I'll have to figure out the controls on my own, I'm up to it.

2 games from Magic 900, 102 more from a major milestone of 1,000 games owned, my 3rd physical Wii CD owned. I'll have to make a trip to GO down the line, Kirby Squeak Squad DS is there, and since it plays like the Kirby games of old, I shall get it (and one day DKC Returns after watching some playthrough videos of it).

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2011, 11:40:07 AM »
Yeah, the cardboard slip version came with the Red Wii systems. My sister bought one. The manual came with it but not in the actual cardboard slip. I believe the manual is just the full size version like what would come in the regular DVD case version. I'm surprised gamestop gave you the artwork with your case. Anyhow, I already have Street Fighter Alpha Anthology and Street Fighter Anniversary for PS2, but bought new copies of both on eBay. They were only 8 bucks a piece so I couldn't resist. I noticed both of these are $10.50 each on Amazon right now too, so if any of you guys wanna get them, get them now. Also I got Crysis 2 LTD for 360 and Vanquish for 360. Vanquish is a fantastic game a lot of people probably don't know about, so check it!

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2011, 01:27:32 AM »
Went out for a stroll, got 2 games:

DS:
Kirby Squeak Squad

NES:
Paperboy 2

Also got a $100 gift card for my upcoming getting older day, spent it on ebay on 7 games. Took me 3 hours to get this freaking card connected to Paypal.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2011, 11:35:51 PM »
Mix of old and new as a late birthday gift arrived today, an unannounced PS 3.
Game list updated with Mappy FC, Gargoyle's Quest GB, Adventure Island II GB, Mortal Kombat 9 PS 3, Fallout 3 PS 3 (will stay sealed, not a fan of this one), and Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection.

Tags:

anything