Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821555 times)

Offline Ascension

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #900 on: May 23, 2012, 02:55:43 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a father and son tag team with Trevor and Simon involved.  I hope they look and are tough SOB's.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #901 on: May 23, 2012, 02:56:07 PM »
Yep also she's the main composer to it and the soundtracks are nothing to Castlevania music

I disagree wholeheartedly. There were plenty of tracks she did that had a lot of Castlevania feel to them. She just counterbalanced them with some other stuff that was jazzy and upbeat. And, she only did a majority of the work on the soundtrack. Vincent Diamante did parts too, and his were jazz-based as well.

I did a review of the soundtrack, actually. Check it out and see what I mean. Yamane has a distinct style of music that you can still hear even in non-Castlevania games.

Honestly, Cox and Arajou need to look at what Yamane did with Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness, to get a good feel of how moody, ambient Castlevania music can be used effectively to be both background noise AND memorable at the same time, and how to apply that to their games for the future. (including LoS2 and Mirror)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #902 on: May 23, 2012, 03:04:47 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a father and son tag team with Trevor and Simon involved.  I hope they look and are tough SOB's.
Simon sounds like he's a hot headed barbarian with a manly beard, and Trevor is a warrior donning the Order's armor with a crazy looking shoulder piece and ragged cloak over him. They sound pretty manly and very much like the original Belmonts to me.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #903 on: May 23, 2012, 03:05:43 PM »
I disagree wholeheartedly. There were plenty of tracks she did that had a lot of Castlevania feel to them. She just counterbalanced them with some other stuff that was jazzy and upbeat. And, she only did a majority of the work on the soundtrack. Vincent Diamante did parts too, and his were jazz-based as well.

I did a review of the soundtrack, actually. Check it out and see what I mean. Yamane has a distinct style of music that you can still hear even in non-Castlevania games.

Honestly, Cox and Arajou need to look at what Yamane did with Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness, to get a good feel of how moody, ambient Castlevania music can be used effectively to be both background noise AND memorable at the same time, and how to apply that to their games for the future. (including LoS2 and Mirror)

but sis , when i said "its nothing" i meant its nothing good compared to her job in CV she just could do better

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #904 on: May 23, 2012, 03:12:52 PM »
I want to punch Alucard in the face if he is a villain/antihero, hell I just want to punch him regardless.  :P
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #905 on: May 23, 2012, 03:16:25 PM »
I want to punch Alucard in the face if he is a villain/antihero, hell I just want to punch him regardless.  :P

let him awake from his loong slumber so we can aaalll punch him together

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #906 on: May 23, 2012, 03:16:39 PM »
I think Alucard will serve more as a mentor/supporting character if he's not playable.

What I want to know is how Alucard is even in this timeline, Alucard is the literal son of Dracula in lore. Did Gabula get with someone else? I can see Trevor being born prior to LoS, though. That would also make the Belmonts bastard children of the Cronqvists.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #907 on: May 23, 2012, 03:18:07 PM »
I think Alucard will serve more as a mentor/supporting character if he's not playable.

What I want to know is how Alucard is even in this timeline, Alucard is the literal son of Dracula in lore. Did Gabula get with someone else? I can see Trevor being born prior to LoS, though. That would also make the Belmonts bastard children of the Cronqvists.
In the original Timeline, Dracula was already a vampire when he had Alucard, right?

Offline Ascension

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #908 on: May 23, 2012, 03:20:40 PM »
+1
Simon sounds like he's a hot headed barbarian with a manly beard, and Trevor is a warrior donning the Order's armor with a crazy looking shoulder piece and ragged cloak over him. They sound pretty manly and very much like the original Belmonts to me.

That's what I want to see in this new one (hopefully).  That would imprint a great castlevania feel into the game. (For me atleast)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #909 on: May 23, 2012, 03:21:55 PM »
+1
let him awake from his loong slumber so we can aaalll punch him together

Hell ya!!! But in a more serious sense I would like to fight him in a new cv game even if it was just a training exercise.

Also I think a nice easter egg would be that the songs that will be in the game can be coverted into a 8-bit or 16-bit music mode. Come on who does not want to hear a 8-bit Belmont's theme? I know I do   :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #910 on: May 23, 2012, 03:26:31 PM »
In the original Timeline, Dracula was already a vampire when he had Alucard, right?

I believe so. Lisa was human, and Dracula was a vampire.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #911 on: May 23, 2012, 03:34:20 PM »
Hell ya!!! But in a more serious sense I would like to fight him in a new cv game even if it was just a training exercise.

Also I think a nice easter egg would be that the songs that will be in the game can be coverted into a 8-bit or 16-bit music mode. Come on who does not want to hear a 8-bit Belmont's theme? I know I do   :)

lets wait an see =D

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #912 on: May 23, 2012, 03:41:02 PM »
+2

I love Simon and Trevor but both of them in one game seems redundant.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #913 on: May 23, 2012, 03:44:32 PM »
I love Simon and Trevor but both of them in one game seems redundant.
I didn't expect two Belmonts in one game, I figured Simon would be in the console sequel. I'm wondering what gameplay differences they'll both have.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #914 on: May 23, 2012, 03:51:42 PM »
+1
I didn't expect two Belmonts in one game, I figured Simon would be in the console sequel. I'm wondering what gameplay differences they'll both have.

Yeah. I'd prefer Trevor in the first game and Simon in the second. And I can't say that I'm happy about the rumor of them being father and son. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Tags: .....?