Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821234 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1005 on: May 24, 2012, 06:33:20 AM »
+1
Alex Shepherd is a character from Silent Hill apparently.

SilentVania came to mind. Which is a terrible idea. However, I wouldn't mind Pyramid Head as a secret easter egg boss fight or something. It's a better fit than any other Konami characters I can think of. Except maybe Neclord from Suikoden.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1006 on: May 24, 2012, 06:51:37 AM »
+1
I have a bad feeling Lords of shadows 2 being on all those systems is a lie.
I want it to be true but....i'm having major doubts.

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1007 on: May 24, 2012, 07:59:15 AM »
to be honest after finding out that a majority of the leaks were coming from 4chan i have major reservations about the whole thing. What i really want to know is the source for PGN and the dutch website that broke the news originally. My mind will be put at ease if the rumors are true and we actually get screen shots tmr.

*heres to hoping*
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1008 on: May 24, 2012, 08:06:39 AM »
+1
I have a bad feeling Lords of shadows 2 being on all those systems is a lie.
I want it to be true but....i'm having major doubts.

Considering LoS1 was never released for the Wii, I think LoS2 would have a much harder time selling on the Wii-U.  Nintendo doesn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to mature content developed by western game studios --but, who knows...

As for the Vita --well that's even harder to speculate...  Hideo Kojima seemed really excited about transfarring though.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:09:37 AM by cecil-kain »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1009 on: May 24, 2012, 08:13:04 AM »
Considering LoS1 was never released for the Wii, I think LoS2 would have a much harder time selling on the Wii-U.  Nintendo doesn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to mature content developed by western game studios --but, who knows...
I think it would be benefical to the game if it was released as a WiiU launch title, being it the only action title at launch (If I'm not mistaken, Arkham City and Darksiders come at a later date). Publisher always say that there's a biggest possibility to sell new IP's early in the gen and establish them (See, Assassins Creed) because people, well, have less /choice/.

I only hope it's not released the same day as Arkham City  :P #KonamiLogic

Everything comes full circle

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1010 on: May 24, 2012, 08:14:21 AM »

As for the Vita --well that's even harder to speculate...  Hideo Kojima seemed really excited about transfarring though.

That's the one thing that gives me hope. Hideo Kojima is a huge Playstation supporter, and he's obviously big on transfarring so it's certainly a possibility.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1011 on: May 24, 2012, 08:30:00 AM »

No, Nintendo really doesn't, but I get the impression they're trying to change that with the Wii U, what with Darksiders, Arkham Asylum, and Assassin's Creed 3.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1012 on: May 24, 2012, 08:50:38 AM »
No, Nintendo really doesn't, but I get the impression they're trying to change that with the Wii U, what with Darksiders, Arkham Asylum, and Assassin's Creed 3.

So....they have started learning their lesson at nintendo?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1013 on: May 24, 2012, 08:52:43 AM »

So....they have started learning their lesson at nintendo?

If Nintendo learned there lesson they wouldn't have just decided to make a system on par with ps3 and xbox360.

In a year the next systems will be out and once again nintendo will be out of date. I guess WiiU can live off of old ports though during that period of time.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1014 on: May 24, 2012, 09:13:46 AM »
Nintendo usually does well because by the time the other systems come out, it's got a healthy library and some stuff...
...it's like they don't want to participate in the pissing contest.  Good for them.  Even if it can at times bite 'em in the ass.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1015 on: May 24, 2012, 09:40:51 AM »
Not sure if late but The Lords Of Shadow Facebook page updated with a cool new cover and a link to The Dragon Returns

http://www.facebook.com/lordsofshadow

http://www.thedragonreturns.com/

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1016 on: May 24, 2012, 09:43:36 AM »
Lol, didn't somebody suggest something with the word Dragon as the title for LoS2?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1017 on: May 24, 2012, 09:45:42 AM »
Lol, didn't somebody suggest something with the word Dragon as the title for LoS2?

*Ahem*  :)

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1018 on: May 24, 2012, 09:45:53 AM »
+1
apparently it says CLOS teaser page in the source code but i cant confirm.

-EDIT-

check this out

<meta property="og:title" content="The Dragon Returns" />
   <meta property="og:type" content="website" />
   <meta property="og:url" content="http://www.thedragonreturns.com/" />
   <meta property="og:site_name" content="CLOS Teaser Page" />
   <meta property="fb:admins" content="1210749030" />
   <meta property="fb:app_id" content="292424234184494" />
   <meta property="og:image" content="http://www.thedragonreturns.com/_img/og_logo.jpg"/>
   <meta property="og:description" content="Dare you face the evil darkness? It is written that the creatures behind that door will return very soon to claim the souls of your loved ones, and send you straight to hell! Be aware!"/>
   <meta property="og:locale" content="en_US"/>
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:49:40 AM by Ring_of_Varda »
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline Francis

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1019 on: May 24, 2012, 09:46:09 AM »
If Konami already registered something with "lordsofshadow2" in it, does that mean that the game will be called that? I always thought that it would have a unique subtitle. I'm actually a liiiiittle disappointed here. What's next? LoS 3, 4, 5 and 6?

Well well. Time will tell.
No thanks that'll be lame.

Tags: .....? 

anything