Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821175 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1155 on: May 28, 2012, 01:58:40 AM »
I wish we could see who is who on 4chan. Somebody said the recent rumors are lies but doesn't explain why.   

Yeah on a more serious note who really knows what is happening, till then we just have to wait more right?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1156 on: May 28, 2012, 02:09:38 AM »
This is purely wishful thinking but I would be very glad if this 3DS would be set in the IGA canon after all. Although what we currently know of the rumored plot would seemingly make that impossible, it could still fit.  Perhaps the game takes place in two different time periods: sometime after Simon's Quest and sometime after Symphony of the Night. Not sure how Simon and Alucard would be connencted by fate but it could still work I guess.

It's just nonsense but I would have been interesting.  :-X     

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1157 on: May 28, 2012, 02:16:40 AM »
This is purely wishful thinking but I would be very glad if this 3DS would be set in the IGA canon after all. Although what we currently know of the rumored plot would seemingly make that impossible, it could still fit.  Perhaps the game takes place in two different time periods: sometime after Simon's Quest and sometime after Symphony of the Night. Not sure how Simon and Alucard would be connencted by fate but it could still work I guess.

It's just nonsense but I would have been interesting.  :-X     
LOL, hearing the recent rumors, I'd love it to take place in the classic canon, where Simon and Alucard are, and will always be, SEPARATE characters!

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1158 on: May 28, 2012, 02:37:15 AM »
+1
From an article "Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2: What we want to see" which cox retweeted the link for
perhaps Mercury Steam could come up with some conceit that allows them two dip in and out of the series' classic identity and its rebooted modern one. The ending mentions the acolytes of Satan preparing for his return so they're bound to get up to some mischief; some reality altering or dimension melding could be just the ticket.
I wonder if there is a reason why he decided to tweet the link for this particular article, I suppose he could just be helping the speculation & rumours to spread.

Also "we'll fight anyone who says SoTN isn't the best of the bunch"
Time to bring out my chain whip I think >:( ;D

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1159 on: May 28, 2012, 04:23:54 AM »
+3
So, according to those rumors Simon is Alucard?! Hm...My most favorite character (Simon) is actually becomes my not so favorite character.

Eh. I could stomach that.
Different timeline = different rules. More than that, I am totally OK, with such changes. It shakes things up and makes new timeline exciting and fresh to observe. I would be disappointed, if they approached Alucard the same way he was in Old Canon.

Sadly, some people will cry that "Simon = Alucard - doesn't make sense", however they should remember that it doesn't make sense in the Old Canon, in LOS story it is justified and (if pulled right) could become an interesting twist.
I believe it will test the zealousness and openmindedness of the fanbase even more so, than LOS itself. Given that all those rumors are true.
I am understand that not everybody will like those ideas, and none obligated to like it, really, but I hope people will think before declaring "sacrilige", and other stuff like that, since in reality it is not "sacrilige" against the old story (since nobody touches old story), but a mere interesting (for some) experiment
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:33:51 AM by Sumac »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1160 on: May 28, 2012, 04:31:01 AM »
I love this new rumor.

Like Sumac, I like how things are changing.

New/different timeline = new/different rules.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1161 on: May 28, 2012, 05:26:37 AM »
This new canon's "rules" is fucking retarded. YEH LETS FUSE COMPLETELY OPPOSITE CHARACTERS TOGETHER FOR NO REAL REASON. Paul W. S. Anderson should be jealous.

Gimme a break, sounds like some 10 year old fanfiction bullshit :rollseyes: Hopefully the gameplay will be good, which what really matters. But lets not forget to add the obligatory QTE to rip the boss' head off.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1162 on: May 28, 2012, 05:38:27 AM »
+2
This new canon's "rules" is fucking retarded. YEH LETS FUSE COMPLETELY OPPOSITE CHARACTERS TOGETHER FOR NO REAL REASON. Paul W. S. Anderson should be jealous. Gimme a break, sounds like some 10 year old fanfiction bullshit
Changes in the new timeline like this shouldn't be justified. New writers do what they want (it is their full right and happily they not obliged to please some fans), and in the end the final result depends purely on the execution of the plot.

If you can't accept such things it more like that you can't make yourself think outside of box. It is understandanble, but there is no need to make statements like that.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1163 on: May 28, 2012, 05:44:00 AM »
sounds like some 10 year old fanfiction bullshit

Welcome to the plot twists at the end of Lords I. You thought they'd stop? :3c

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1164 on: May 28, 2012, 05:48:46 AM »
+1
If you can't accept such things it more like that you can't make yourself think outside of box. It is understandanble, but there is no need to make statements like that.

^whatever  :rollseyes:

God forgive me for wanting some lingering respect for continuity & certain plot elements. Michael Bay making Ninja Turtles be aliens from another planet? Sure, why not.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1165 on: May 28, 2012, 06:48:26 AM »
+4
You're overreacting.

At the very worst, it will be some mediocre "What a tweest" thing.  Right now we're all going on absolute hearsay and are already judging and have preconceived notions about the game.
At the very best, it could be awesome.  Why not focus on that possibility, instead of shooting it down right away?  I don't think it's fair.
It's fair to be cautiously optimistic, and it's also fair to be stoked, and it's also fair to be concerned, but shooting the damn thing down as soon as you hear something you might not like is what internet children do.  Haven't we grown up yet?  This happens every time any game comes out.

This is the reason developers don't release any news about products until they're already out: because people cry and bitchrage.  I bet if we had a direct line to the developers people would be lining up demanding their needs to be met and scrapping whatever is they're working on.   We're way too privileged.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1166 on: May 28, 2012, 07:13:00 AM »
You're overreacting.

At the very worst, it will be some mediocre "What a tweest" thing.  Right now we're all going on absolute hearsay and are already judging and have preconceived notions about the game.
At the very best, it could be awesome.  Why not focus on that possibility, instead of shooting it down right away?  I don't think it's fair.
It's fair to be cautiously optimistic, and it's also fair to be stoked, and it's also fair to be concerned, but shooting the damn thing down as soon as you hear something you might not like is what internet children do.  Haven't we grown up yet?  This happens every time any game comes out.

This is the reason developers don't release any news about products until they're already out: because people cry and bitchrage.  I bet if we had a direct line to the developers people would be lining up demanding their needs to be met and scrapping whatever is they're working on.   We're way too privileged.

The thing is, some ideas are just "bad ideas" period, and this IMO is a bad idea.

Making 2 completely different characters the same just for whole "our universe is different!" type of message is stupid if you ask me.

They did the same thing with making a belmont turn into Dracula and now this?

Do they honestly have to go to such leaps and bounds to completely alienate their new "castlevania universe" from the old one?

I see it as being no different than,

Making Batman Jokers long lost brother
or
Making Superman the Bastard son of Lex Luther

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1167 on: May 28, 2012, 07:18:34 AM »
i wonder if Alucard = Simon is a major plot twist in the game that just got seriously spoiled?  i guess i'll assume that it's just some guy leaping to a conclusion and play the game as if they were two different characters (which will be a little hard now if they both use whips).  Alucard using a whip isn't "that" outrageous to me, but it kind of ruins half the fun of switching between two playable characters if they both use whips.  oh well, at least Alucard's got the fire element going for him.  seems that the whole point of switching between the two is to change the environment, not so much the abilities of the playable character.  hope to see some of his morphs though. 

when Lords of Shadow came out, i tried avoiding all Lords of Shadows discussions before I finished the game to avoid spoilers.  of course, since i still visited general Castlevania sites, i hear some stuff about it.  i heard some people posting about Zobek = Death and Gabriel = Dracula, but dismissed them as some fans wild theories.  which they weren't, sigh...  but at least the game "confirmed" them for me, rather than me already "knowing" it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 07:20:36 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1168 on: May 28, 2012, 07:36:16 AM »
+2
Can't people live with 2 different timelines?

I mean, Alucard, Dracula, Simon, Death, Cornell, Carmilla and other characters are NEW characters in this new timeline, they're not related to the previous timeline's characters. They only share their names and nothing else. People that hate LoS (or its universe) should be happy that they did not make the LoS events canon and set them in a different universe. The old timeline is preserved and I'm really happy it is. And I'm really happy to see what the new writers are going to present to us.

Also, I can't understand the bitching on the game while it has not been announced yet. We only have rumors from (mostly) anonymous people and nothing official. Keep calm a few days and then you'll be able to bitch everything you want.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1169 on: May 28, 2012, 07:46:19 AM »
They are bitching about how retard THE RUMORS sounds. Nothing wrong with that, considering it's a forum.

Personally, I'll wait to see how it'll be. Castlevania to me is more about the gameplay anyway, so even a POS history wouldn't make me put the game down if the gameplay was very good.

Tags: .....? 

anything