Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821482 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1185 on: May 28, 2012, 09:44:14 AM »
The difference between a concern about a game, or one's disagreement of a proposed idea, and bitching/whining, is in the manner of the post being written.
Here's an easy example:

"I am not completely on board with this idea of Simon and Alucard being the same person.  I will have to wait until further developments but as it stands, I am not fond of the idea."
Versus
"Simon and Alucard are the same person?  It's the most laughably stupid idea ever and the franchise is ruined!  RUINED, I SAY!"

So out of curiosity, how would you label my post

"The thing is, some ideas are just "bad ideas" period, and this IMO is a bad idea.

Making 2 completely different characters the same just for whole "our universe is different!" type of message is stupid if you ask me.

They did the same thing with making a belmont turn into Dracula and now this?

Do they honestly have to go to such leaps and bounds to completely alienate their new "castlevania universe" from the old one?

I see it as being no different than,

Making Batman Jokers long lost brother
or
Making Superman the Bastard son of Lex Luther
"

Would it be labeled as "bitching and moaning" or me simply voicing my dislike for what was revealed in a civil manner?

I'm just trying to get his concept down since it seems like SOME (not all) people seems to think that anything that is negative towards Cox or his team's effort is mere "bitching" or you simply "hate change".
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:48:35 AM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1186 on: May 28, 2012, 09:51:00 AM »
+3
It would be totally hilarious if ALL the rumors about the story was false, and in MoF, we wind up geting a totally NEW character altogether, like "Richard Belmont", and Simon, Trevor and Alucard don't even make appearances.
That'd be hilarious!  ;D

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1187 on: May 28, 2012, 10:06:41 AM »
Dude...

Don`t worry..it wouldn`t hurt them. Because those people do not have a soul!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1188 on: May 28, 2012, 10:33:23 AM »
So out of curiosity, how would you label my post

"The thing is, some ideas are just "bad ideas" period, and this IMO is a bad idea.

Making 2 completely different characters the same just for whole "our universe is different!" type of message is stupid if you ask me.

They did the same thing with making a belmont turn into Dracula and now this?

Do they honestly have to go to such leaps and bounds to completely alienate their new "castlevania universe" from the old one?

I see it as being no different than,

Making Batman Jokers long lost brother
or
"

Would it be labeled as "bitching and moaning" or me simply voicing my dislike for what was revealed in a civil manner?

I'm just trying to get his concept down since it seems like SOME (not all) people seems to think that anything that is negative towards Cox or his team's effort is mere "bitching" or you simply "hate change".
Wouldn't it be the same for both sides? Both sides bitch and moan about things and each other. You could either be civil or resort to outbursts. IMO, it's the same from both sides:

Civil anti-Simon=Alucard
"I just don't care for this particular idea. It sounds uninspired."

Outburst anti-Simon=Alucard
"This fuckin SUCKS ASS! What a stupid ass idea. Who ever thought up such an idea should be SHOT!!"

Civil pro-Cox retort to above statement
"I respect your opinion, and you're entitled to it, but let's agree to disagree! I, personally, think it's an interesting idea!!"

Outburst pro-Cox retort to above statement
"You are just living in the past, afraid of change and lack the ability to think outside the box!"

LOL! ;D

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1189 on: May 28, 2012, 10:45:17 AM »
+1
Really did not care to reply to the rest of your post since it would probably go completely over your head, but felt the need to reply to this one.
Then why bother? It's not like I am in desperate need ni your personal opinion on the matter, since I am pretty well aware what it is and how you will express it.

So anything that is "negative" is automatically "bitching" to you is that right?
No.
Only something that sounds like "WAAAA...IT'S A BAD IDEA LIKE FROM CHILDREN FANFICTION, IT SHOULDN'T EXIST AND i AM GONNA STRANGLE ONES WHO CREATED IT" and all of this about RUMORS that wasn't even confirmed and even, if they are true we don't know a bit about how those ideas were executed.

Would it be alright for me to belittle your opinion to mere "asskissery" simply because I view it that way?
View my opinion as you wish.
However, if you have read my posts before this topic, you know for a fact that I always upholded that particular opinion, so your view is rather unjustified and comes of as counter reaction of a person, who was rightfully blamed in what I have described. 

These rumors are retarded. I cannot stand to watch the bastardization of the Castlevania series. From Lords, Castlevania is no more
Yeah, yeah, whatever...
As, if teenagers who destory Dracula in cartoonish adventure and japanese Dracula-would-be-reincarnation weren't bastardization of the original idea enough. And happily it is not you who decide when Castlevania ends.

I know what I would do to people who came up with this.......
So you are readily admit yourself as one of those idiots, like the ones who send death threats to developers over fictional characters? This is sad, if fanbase have that kind of fans.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #1190 on: May 28, 2012, 10:46:28 AM »
+3
I'd take ANYTHING :'( :'(
Hahahah.

NO, BAD Ahasverus...BAD! You have STANDARDS, goddammit! Don't take just anything. That's how we got Judgment. Create standards! Especially for Trevor!

Don't make me break out the damn newspaper. I will slap you on the nose 'til you learn.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1191 on: May 28, 2012, 11:01:09 AM »
+3
Lighten up guys, it's just a video game.  ;)

If the rumors are true, I hope this game is at least 5 times as long as ReBirth (which someone is already comparing this game to.). I want more alternate paths than Dracula's Curse and Rondo of Blood combined. In fact, I still want this game to be designed a bit like SUPER MARIO WORLD! Hidden exits and secrets pathways that lead you to completely different parts of the castle, preferably on an overworld map. How about that?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1192 on: May 28, 2012, 11:08:33 AM »
+3
I think the idea of Simon and Alucard being the same character is...sort of neat. It can go either way for me, we won't know until Thursday though. If the game truly is like ReBirth, I hope there are a lot of levels and abundant platforming full of secrets and alternating paths.

I'm still going to miss pork chops in the walls. :(

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1193 on: May 28, 2012, 11:12:31 AM »
+1
Lighten up guys, it's just a video game.  ;)

If the rumors are true, I hope this game is at least 5 times as long as ReBirth (which someone is already comparing this game to.). I want more alternate paths than Dracula's Curse and Rondo of Blood combined. In fact, I still want this game to be designed a bit like SUPER MARIO WORLD! Hidden exits and secrets pathways that lead you to completely different parts of the castle, preferably on an overworld map. How about that?
From the first rumors, it kinda sounded like my proposed idea for a classic/castletroid fusion I listed some time ago. The idea to focus on stage progression, but give the freedom to backtrack and find alternate paths. If it DOES turn out that way, I'll where my smile for a week!! ;)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1194 on: May 28, 2012, 11:15:32 AM »
+5

I'm still going to miss pork chops in the walls. :(

It would be fun and easter eggish if you at some point could find a pork chop in a wall, but your character says something like: "Who put that here? There's no way in hell I'm gonna eat that".

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1195 on: May 28, 2012, 11:16:49 AM »
So you are readily admit yourself as one of those idiots, like the ones who send death threats to developers over fictional characters? This is sad, if fanbase have that kind of fans.

Death threats? oh, wow..it seems you have some very bad thoughts in your mind and only assume the worst. I am not violent.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1196 on: May 28, 2012, 11:21:02 AM »
+1
It would be fun and easter eggish if you at some point could find a pork chop in a wall, but your character says something like: "Who put that here? There's no way in hell I'm gonna eat that".
Or if they teased it at the end of the reveal trailer.

Silly thing to think about, but I wonder if Simon will still have the walk.
The Belmont Walk
It can't be like a Classicvania without the walk.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1197 on: May 28, 2012, 11:24:51 AM »
+3
Ever read Superman Red Son?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1198 on: May 28, 2012, 11:32:10 AM »
I think the idea of Simon and Alucard being the same character is...sort of neat.

why

It can't be like a Classicvania without the walk.

forget everything you knew about classicvania *trollface*

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1199 on: May 28, 2012, 11:40:06 AM »
If they are the same person maybe it will be explained why. Like what if they start out as two different people and some random spell comes and makes them fuse or something? Finally at the end they break the spell and become two people again.

Tags: .....? 

anything