Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rumor: New Castlevania game is a "reimagining"  (Read 7703 times)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Rumor: New Castlevania game is a "reimagining"
« on: October 01, 2021, 06:46:02 AM »
Here we go again, y'all. Following months of rumors relating to projects based around Metal Gear, Castlevania, and Silent Hill, it appears they've all coalesced to one larger rumor regarding Konami's plans to get back into premium games. For many of us, the bits regarding Castlevania are key, and interestingly, may be the first project related to these three IPs to be shown. Critically, it appears that Castlevania, not Metal Gear or Silent Hill, will be anchored internally by Konami in Japan, with the other two being largely outsourced projects. I have no idea if this is cause to be relieved or extra cause to be concerned, given they've just released eFootball, currently the worst rated Steam game in the platform's history, which is believed to also have been an in-house effort.

More of Konami's rumored plans at the link here.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Rumor: New Castlevania game is a "reimagining"
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 08:21:43 AM »
Interesting news.  There are so many ways that this could go that I dunno whether to be excited and happy or nervous and worried.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 06:30:06 PM by Kamirine »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 09:28:29 AM »
That last reimagining worked out so well, Konami. Please, continue.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 09:46:39 AM »
+2
I've no intention about climbing aboard the hype train until I see what it is exactly that Konami intends to peddle our way.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 10:05:35 AM »
I think it’s definitely a possibility, seeing that recently we had Grimoire of souls rerelease, Advance collection and new music cd box sets.

I am very afraid when I hear words like reimagining and reboot. I never accepted LoS as part of Castlevania series and I didn’t even play them apart from a bit of 3DS version. I have always thought this was a different game that just got CV name slapped and some of its characteristics, but was not really Castlevania in spirit. On the other hand, Bloodstained was Castlevania in spirit, but without the Dracula/Belmonts and its lore.

I will be open to anything new, if it’s an honest and good try, I will give it a fair chance. If not, I am happy to have old games and rereleases, as well as IGA with his games.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 12:13:53 PM »
+1
reimaginings are great imo to break up the same old same old.  but after that, you really need to do a “back to the basics”.  we’re due for a “back to the basics” game.  hope Grimoire of Souls wasn’t it!

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 02:47:05 PM »
Tbh a soft reboot would be good story-wise since IGA wrote the franchise into a corner with his timeline. As long as the gameplay is good and it has that Castlevania spirit I don't mind.

Of course, I've learned by now I shouldn't keep my hopes too high up.
Gotta get away

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 04:56:07 PM »
Konami has pretty much chased away anyone that could make a decent game period, let alone a Castlevania game, weather it be 2D or 3D. So my hopes are at a respectable low.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 04:58:08 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 12:23:46 AM »
For I myself, I don't trust any rumor or presume thing until the actual stuff is about to came. There was enough of false rumor things spread over in the past years.
Well for now the Castlevania series is effectively dead good, with its spirit already reincarnated and transfered into countless small to middle indie studios who actually care about 2D action development scene in general. I don't sense a "must do" reason to disturb the long dead corpse.

No I don't give a dang about it even it's indeed anything. It's in serious doubt if Konami Japan has enough man power to form a game development studio specifically for Castlevania, anyway.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 12:28:36 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2021, 01:54:16 AM »
Tbh a soft reboot would be good story-wise since IGA wrote the franchise into a corner with his timeline. As long as the gameplay is good and it has that Castlevania spirit I don't mind.

I agree. There's really not many places to go in its current state.

I'm holding any excitement for when/if Konami actually announces something. If they make a good new CV game, more power to them. But I'm not counting on it.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2021, 06:14:51 PM »
If/when this reimagining turns out to be a free-to-play micro-transaction game where you summon various protagonists via the collectible card game format in a boss rush setting, the “hey, it’s better than nothing” crowd here will eat it up.

But at least the presentation & artwork will be nice to look at

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2021, 11:21:40 PM »
+2
Now there are rumors again that Sony and Kojima are working on a new Silent Hill:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/10/sony-allegedly-funding-kojima-productions-silent-hill-game

So now I don't know if Konami is working on a Silent Hill, Sony is working on a Silent Hill, or if both rumors are false. Maybe Sony, Kojima, Konami and IGA are working on a Metal Castle Hill reboot.  :rollseyes:
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2021, 01:18:56 AM »
+1
Maybe Sony, Kojima, Konami and IGA are working on a Metal Castle Hill reboot.  :rollseyes:

So we have solid Snake Belmont climbing the Silent Hills of Castlevania to face his long-time family menace; Pyramidhead piloting Metal Gear Tepes!!

I know, it's lame, it's 1:00 AM over here okay?? I gotta go to bed...
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2021, 07:47:07 AM »
Now there are rumors again that Sony and Kojima are working on a new Silent Hill:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/10/sony-allegedly-funding-kojima-productions-silent-hill-game

So now I don't know if Konami is working on a Silent Hill, Sony is working on a Silent Hill, or if both rumors are false. Maybe Sony, Kojima, Konami and IGA are working on a Metal Castle Hill reboot.  :rollseyes:

It would be cool to see IGA work on Castlevania again, and while I know he's open to it, I think the fact he went out of his way to make Not-Castlevania could be seen as a slight for a company as petty as Konami. Kojima, to his credit, finally gave up Metal Gear, after wanting to do so for years by the time MGSV released.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2021, 11:21:12 AM »
So we have solid Snake Belmont climbing the Silent Hills of Castlevania to face his long-time family menace; Pyramidhead piloting Metal Gear Tepes!!

Lol!  ;D Then comes the plot twist: Pyramid Head was Snake Belmont's tax attorney this whole time.

It would be cool to see IGA work on Castlevania again, and while I know he's open to it, I think the fact he went out of his way to make Not-Castlevania could be seen as a slight for a company as petty as Konami. Kojima, to his credit, finally gave up Metal Gear, after wanting to do so for years by the time MGSV released.

Oh yeah, I have no doubts that IGA and Kojima have burned their bridges as far as Konami sees it. I just wonder if anything will materialize out of the rumors this time. I would be down for either one if they ended up being true, but I don't want to get my hopes up.  :-\

Tags: