Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Splatterhouse  (Read 11597 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: September 12, 2007, 07:15:02 AM »
rocks my dick off. Once I beat the arcade game (level 5 is tough, and I'm a little upset that MAME doesn't seem to support save states), I'll move on to the sequels for Genesis, and there's also an odd little cutesy spin-off title for Famicom.

Any o' you guys into the game/series? :o The arcade version of the first is much better than the TurboGrafx-16 port, by the way. My friend bought the latter on Wii's Virtual Console and it's just not as violent or nifty.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 09:01:17 AM »
In Reply To #1

I have play and finish the first and second on Genesis.I have also play and the third but no one like the second.I love that game.
Ruler of Chaos

Juno106

Re: Splatterhouse
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 09:24:55 AM »
Still quite possibly my favorite game.

Played the arcade one first. The Turbograf hadn't yet hit the stores and I didn't even own an NES. It hit hard with every horror and monster movie-loving kids that we were. There's even one for the FM-Towns. It's exactcly as the arcade.

Dig that psycho soundtrack!!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 11:34:28 AM »
Never even heard of the FM Towns.

The soundtrack is indeed great. And being a horror film fan myself, I really dig the graphics and theme as well. What an excellent game. Only wish I could find an actual arcade cabinet somewhere.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 12:16:35 PM »
In Reply To #4

The FM-Towns was a computer released in Japan in 1989 with around 400 games in its library. They had keyboard, Mouse and Joypad support and had either one (model 1F)or two floppies(2F). Later, models with hard drives were released until 1992 then replaced by 40MB then 80MB hard drives.

Games included Japanese simulations like A-Train and The Towe and arcade conversions Tiger Heli and Splatterhouse; there were even erotic fantasy RPG's (Princess Maker and Rance IV) which appealed to the eastern market. though western publishers got games like wing commander and Falcon 3.0 onto the system - even monkey island --- anyway, you don't wanna hear me ramble so yeah anyway...I wish they made PC's look aesthetically like this still - it looked way cool.
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 12:44:57 PM »
Thing I wanna know about these Japanese PCs that have games specifically made for them (MSX/2, X68000, FM Towns, etc.), is: Are they just gaming machines, or were there other uses?

For me back in the day it was just DOS. I don't know much about computers and their history.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 01:16:59 PM »
In Reply To #6

Sharps X68000 sold for 370,000 yen which in todays money is $3,240.50 and a top end rig costing 500,00 yen- a rig that expenive would have had a lot more use than just games - CAD computer aided design would have been a good start considering the powerful graphics chips inside the machines and graphic design would have been popular too as it had a max resolution of 768 X 512 pixels, a pallette of 65,536 colours and also had a yamaha synthersizer for all your music needs this thing was state of the art in it's day and things were being developed for it up until 1994.

these PC's were not children friendly and had lots of technical stuff involved.
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 01:27:44 PM »
I went thru a period not too long ago where I was playing the TG16 Splatterhouse pretty hardcore. Never beat it, but I got to the last level. I'll have to dig it out and see if i can get it working on my Psp.

Offline Larzuk

• Owned
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 05:12:07 AM »
Splatterhouse, now thats a series I can never put down.  I loved all of the games.  Though the arcade version really did get to me while in my head im trying to stay sane becasue the level I was playing was in a womb and I was killing fetuses >_<

Other than that my first sega game was Splatterhouse 2. I still remember the look on my moms face when she saw me play that.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 12:16:35 AM »
Have any of you played Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti for the Famicom? Now that's a weird one. Chibi Splatterhouse. It's fun.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 01:03:43 AM »
In Reply To #10

I was playing that just the other day. I was loving every single minute of it. Until I got to (what appeared to be) the last boss. I must have hit him 25 times, and the bastard just wouldn't die.

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 01:14:53 AM »
In Reply To #6

Sharps X68000 ... CAD ... would have been a good start
LMFAO

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 06:31:00 AM »
Have a look at this:

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 06:37:22 AM »
In Reply To #13

Awesome!! Do you know what console is going to be?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 06:43:42 AM »
According to 1up, it'll be on PS3 and the 360. Check this link for a preview (which is really just saying "new Splatterhouse soon"), and a peak at Next-Gen Rick: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3167542&p=4

You know what's sad? Freakin' SPLATTERHOUSE got a new game announced before the next CV.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 06:51:15 AM by James Belmont »

Tags: