Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Your Gaming Collections (now with 56K warning)  (Read 55425 times)

Zobias

Re: Your Gaming Collections (now with 56K warning)
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 02:18:36 AM »
PSX

Final Fantasy VII
Metal Gear Solid
Silent Hill

PS2

God of War
God of War II
ICO
Metal Gear Solid II
Metal Gear Solid III
Shadow of the Collossus
Silent Hill II
Silent Hill III
Silent Hill IV

PS3

Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed II
God of War III
Metal Gear Solid IV
Transformers War for Cybetron
Watchmen The End is Nigh

PSP

Metal Gear Solid Portable OPS
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 01:57:35 AM »
OK, so several months ago I took a buncha photos of my room on my crummy camera phone. I just threw 'em up on Flickr, so enjoy looking at my display of nerdy garbage, ha ha. There are video games in a few of the pics... Ha ha

Since this is several months old, there's actually a lot more items now cluttering my small living space.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43887468@N02/sets/72157625029779127/

Actually, many of my games aren't even in my room. All my Wii, PS3, and 360 stuff is in the living room.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:14:02 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 05:07:00 PM »

Here are my DVDs on the left, the right shelf holds Band/Music DVDs on the top shelf with Xbox360 games on the next shelf down. The rest are PS2 games. The Bottom shelf has some more PS2 games, and my Wii and Gamecube collection.

The left shelf has my Sega Saturn import/US games, then Dreamacast games, Video Game Soundtracks, SNES carts, PS1 games, my 2 Turbo Duo games, Dracula X and Ys 1 & 2. The right shelf is CDs, with my NES carts on top. Looks like my Les Paul snuck in too, my marshall amp is next to that, but I guess that doesn't fall into game collection...

Here's my main setup. Samsun 42 Plasma. My JVC 5 channel Surround sound system with Yamaha front speakers. Red 360. Black Wii with my wavebird censor plugged in. On top of the right speaker is my Dreamcast VGA box. There's my turntable too. And Upconvert DVD player.

My Sony 32 Trinitron 1080i CRT TV. On the shelf my mini SNES, mini NES, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, and PS2 slim, my mini Genesis, and Turbo Duo are both packed away in a box. I downloaded both the games I have on Turbo Duo on Wii Virtual Console, so don't get it out much. The only game I got a genesis for was Bloodlines. I also have lots of the boxes and instructions for my SNES and NES games. They are packed away though. I have them for Castlevania 1-4, Bloodlines. Maybe I will post those later. Of course there's other game stuff, memorabilia, posters and the like not pictured. My PC games are in my computer desk. My PC would coutn

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 11:39:48 AM »
Couple more games picked up recently on the cheap:

Chiki Chiki Boys -Genesis- Fun little platformer from Capcom, Sega did the Genesis port themselves.
Raycrisis - PSX- (Japanese version) last game in the Ray series (Ray Force, Ray Storm, Ray Crisis) prequel to Ray Force, the first game. Lock on to targets and shoot them in this shmup, plus you get a nice screen clearing bomb.

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 12:33:38 AM »

Update, picked up a super nice 'Tech Gear' TV stand, for 10 bucks on Craigslist, this think had to be 100-150 new, it's made of mega nice material with glass doors, and it swivels. I also picked up a gamecube. A local game store had the official nintendo gamecube component cable for 20 bucks, a HUGE bargain, and I went to another location to track down a cube with the actual output for the cable 15 bucks more, and then needed a power supply, 5 bucks. so 40 on the gamecube, but considering I saw people spending that or more on the Component cable alone on eBay, I'm cool with my spend. I'm glad to add a system to actually put the TV to use! I'm usually on my 360 on the plasma. So, with PS2 hooked up component, Gamecube hooked up Compenet, and Dreamcast S Vid. It's not a bad 100 buck TV plus 10 for the stand to have in a corner.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 01:15:56 AM »
New retro gaming store opened here in my area, passed by today, picked up 13 games, their prices are stiff, but I found a few hard to find games, 13 bought in total. Now up to 817 games, too lazy to list what they are, some for NES, 2 for GB, 1 for Genesis, 1 for SNES, and 1 for PSX (a BIG BIG one too).

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 07:04:25 AM »
I'm dying to see what your collection looks like!

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 10:57:52 AM »
New retro gaming store opened here in my area, passed by today, picked up 13 games, their prices are stiff, but I found a few hard to find games, 13 bought in total. Now up to 817 games, too lazy to list what they are, some for NES, 2 for GB, 1 for Genesis, 1 for SNES, and 1 for PSX (a BIG BIG one too).

The only stores around me that sell retro games unfortunately know what some of them are worth. The problem is they charge the same price whether it's in shitty condition, or like brand new. I saw they finally had Tactics Ogre the other day, for $80.00. With NO INSTRUCTIONS! Considering I had that game, and sold it on eBay for about the same price with the instructions I don't think I'll be buying that one. I hate going into these game stores anyway, the employees never know a damn thing. I try and stick with eBay these days as much as possible, but sometimes can find a nice deal at 'Gamers'. At least gamers carries games for every system.  And they give you twice as much for your games as gamestop does. Though I sell mine on eBay so I can get actual money for them.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 01:04:02 PM »
Yeah, this one has some knowledge of game prices, though not completely. I paid far less for Rockman Complete Works 5 than what I've seen it go for on ebay (but still not as cheap as they sometimes go for on Yahoo Japan). They had a Duck Tales 2 for NES priced at $20, now don't get me wrong, the game is high, but it's value has steadily started to decline over time.

The stores name is Game Over, it appears to be a chain of independently owned stores that deal in new and retro gaming, much like Play N Trade. Shame they don't do specials on games and have discount cards like PnT has, they could drive a man to drinking with some of their prices, but never have I seen a place with so many needs of mine to fulfill than I've seen at this little shop.

Offline DragonsAndCarpetBags

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 02:08:21 PM »
There is so much out there, I imagine it's hard to figure out a good pirce on things sometimes. But then sometimes there's no excuse!
 I quite like Play 'N' Trade. Last week I picked up a Sega Gen model 1 for $20 and a wile back I picked up MSG1 for the ps1 at $5. Then there's the thrift stores....Y's book 1&2 for the duo + a paper back for .66 cents???? Everyone who worked there must be a volunteer.

I find the NES Dubble Bobble and Galaga both in plastic nintendo cases at one thrift store and the guy wants a buck each for 'em. I didn't have any change so I give him my 5 insted and told him to keep it.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010, 12:47:48 AM »
I've basically killed the Play N Trade in my area, too many hits and they have yet to recover on their retro games. :D

Though this new Game Over store will take some work, and a lot of cash, ugh boy. The good thing about this new store, they don't rely on trade ins, the guy has some guy who supplies him games, he told me if there's any game I need, let him know and he'll see if he can make it happen. I can help his business, but he needs to lower his prices.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 01:39:05 AM »
Dreamcast S Vid.

Sheeeeeeeit. Y'oughta hook that up to yer HDTV using VGA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcast_VGA
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 06:30:22 PM »
Yeah, I have a VGA box for my plasma, which has VGA input. My CRT HDTV has a DVI input only for that, I ordered a VGA-DVI converter, but got the wrong kind (there is DVI 24+5 pin, and DVI 24+1 pin). I wasn't too mad, I spent a dollar on eBay for it. I didn't realize there are two different types of DVI. I just haven't gotten around to buying another. I will Say the Dreamcast looks great with the VGA box on my plasma though. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I'll get on eBay and plop down another dollar for the right kind! VGA-DVI 24+1 pin...
Still wish we would of gotten Castlevania on Dreamcast!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 11:13:53 PM »
I still don't even own a Dreamcast and not sure what games I'd play if I had one, but I love that the system supports 480p on all games, to my knowledge, so that I have that option if I get one. After fiddling around trying to find which GameCube and PS2 games support progressive scan, and then finding out that most of the 480p PS2 games I have look like garbage, it's nice to hear that a system from that era had kind of a universal progressive scan mode.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 12:57:24 AM »
Yeah, Dreamcast rocked. It had tons of great fighters, and shooters, and arcade type games. I love how I've got Resident Evil 2, 3 and Code Veronica on it + Dino Crisis. I believe I've read several times that RE2 and RE3 are best here in terms of graphics and extras.  So many great 2D titles. Too bad we didn't get a 2D 'Vania on it. Yeah, I never bought a gamecube, til about a week ago. I finally got a wii a few months back and bought 6 gamecube games. All with Progressive Scan. It's really lame how so few games do support Pscan on PS2. The fact that you have to hold triangle and x at the boot up makes it even lamer. I never even knew about this till about six months ago... Why on earth would companies just not put that in the options? Two of my games have Progressive Scan in the options on PS2. Shadow of the Colossus, and God of War 2. I like when I play a gamecube game on the wii it automatically ask you if you want it in prog scan. Why didn't the Metal Gear games get it for shit sake? Hell a few King of Fighters games I have support it on PS2.

Tags:

anything