Poll

Have you gotten your hands on Ninty's Shiney New Handheld?

Hell Yes!
22 (45.8%)
Not yet launch titles suck
8 (16.7%)
No I hate handhelds
2 (4.2%)
No I hate Nintendo
1 (2.1%)
No I'll wait for Castlevania first
15 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Poll: Got 3DS?  (Read 33322 times)

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Poll: Got 3DS?
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2011, 08:51:58 AM »
Playing Fusion now.  Shooting for 100% in 1:31 (or less would be nice)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2011, 10:19:43 AM »
I'm playing Yoshi's Island. :D
And HAY FIRE EMBLEM SACRED STONES (I don't have that one so hurray).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2011, 08:51:31 PM »
I'm downloading them all now. This is awesome because a lot of these are games I never played before! Really looking forward to Mario Vs. Donkey Kong, MarioKart Super Circuit, Fire Emblem, and Zelda: Minish Cap.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2011, 10:14:07 AM »
Mario Kart is quite good, reminds me of the Super NES original.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:30:59 PM by knightmere »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2011, 10:25:23 PM »
Still waiting on more price drops and a redesign. (I don't get people who seem to think waiting for a revision is crazy. Have they not bought Nintendo handhelds before?)

The principle game I want now is RE Revelations, but thankfully my dad bought a 3DS so I'll likely just borrow his to play it.

Offline cmdood

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2011, 05:03:05 PM »
I thought Mario Kart super circuit was unnecessary but other than that the games were awesome. I totally underestimated Mario vs Donkey Kong.

Offline Gecko

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2011, 09:08:44 PM »
It annoys me that the GBA Yoshi's Island uses so many Yoshi's Story sound effects. I miss the Super Nintendo originals. It's cool to have a more accessible version of the game though. It was one of my favorite Super Nintendo games. Mario Vs. Donkey Kong is really fun, and so is Wario Land 4. I haven't tried Fire Emblem yet.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2011, 04:04:46 PM »
Have you guys tried out "Mighty Switch Force" for the 3DS (3DS-Ware)?
It's made by Wayforward and it's a Puzzle Platform game.  Really nice 2D Visuals with 3D "switch" gameplay.
It's only 7 dollars. :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Keldor

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2011, 09:27:46 AM »
I actually just got mine this past weekend and all I got so far is Ocarina of time and I downloaded Cave Story. any other suggestions?
Bnl4life

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2011, 02:44:20 PM »
Mario Land 3D is hella easy, although getting past Bowser in World 8 was a bitch. I cheated and used the P-Wing. But still, if you grew up playing Mario games from the NES through the N64, all the references to the old games are a fun touch, even if the fun only lasts for the first time you play it.

My brother got me Star Fox 64 for the 3DS. It was easy the first time I played it, but I had it on 3DS Mode, which may have been nerfed because I got my ass handed to me on N64 Mode. My Gyroscope may be off-balanced too, because I had issues using it and had to play with just the joystick. Still, fun game and Corneria is gorgeous on the 3DS.

My buddy and I are waiting for Shinobi. I read a review that said Ghost Recon is good, but haven't played it.

We need a 3DS Friend Codes thread, too.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2012, 04:32:23 AM »
Mario Land 3D is hella easy, although getting past Bowser in World 8 was a bitch. I cheated and used the P-Wing. But still, if you grew up playing Mario games from the NES through the N64, all the references to the old games are a fun touch, even if the fun only lasts for the first time you play it.

Did you go through the whole game?  I mean, did you unlock the second set of 8 worlds after the first 8?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2012, 05:35:24 AM »
Enjoying the free GBA games, particularly Mario vs. Donkey Kong. Sad to read the above post about altering the SFX from the SNES version (the greatest game ever). That would seriously annoy me so much that I doubt I'll ever play it.

Got me a second 3DS game finally: Sonic Generations. Picked it up alongside the PS3 game since they offer wildly different levels. Kinda sucks you have to buy two versions to get the full game... Oh well.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gecko

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2012, 07:04:44 AM »
Did you go through the whole game?  I mean, did you unlock the second set of 8 worlds after the first 8?

:o

Excuse me, I'm going to go buy this game now.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2012, 12:51:25 PM »

Yes, I conquered the game.
(click to show/hide)
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2012, 01:49:15 PM »
You may now ship your copy to me, Jorge, since you're done with it. ;D
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: