Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 gameplay trailer video  (Read 1915 times)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 gameplay trailer video
« on: March 06, 2013, 09:30:00 AM »
As much as I like One Piece and been watching/reading it since the start
(on Chapter 701 now.  Dressrosa is starting out nicely. Punk Hazard was 60% boring.)

Not exactly thrilled about OP:PW2, even though it's looking to surpass the first one in every way.
(it's main story mode seems to be an original story mode, so don't expect manga authentic story
like the first one.  I think the original story is more creative and interesting for the videogame.
there's already the manga and anime for the actual story.  Videogames cannot fully express the
complete canon story atmosphere and impact, and OP:PW1 for example, it was just painfully
watered down compared to the source material (plus too much Luffy!!!! One Piece encompasses
A LOT more characters than that!! ) 

ワンピース 海賊無双2 第3弾PV

http://www.imagebam.com/image/244e9f241485988

Yea the weak side is that the Koei reputation for boring a.i. could bring OP:PW2 down quite a bit.
It has lots of fanservice, but without decent a.i., the officers and bosses are just zombies with buffed attributes,
and the enemies themselves are just bowling pins for the most part (but that's what DW games are, right? )

I used to be thrilled for DW games. DW7 and WO3 revitalized interest, then it went down from there.
I also hate how Koei builds so many walls around requirements to access "free mode" and "co-op".

Like for example, to play ____ stage online, you have to beat ___ stage with ____ character before you can
play that stage with any character AND you can finally co-op in that stage online.
Not to mention most of their games these days,  co-op sessions disconnect after a stage is over.  So you
are back to doing random quick matches (and I think for friends, they might have to be reinvited afterwards).

And I didn't like how nowadays, they made the main story mode single player only, no free mode,  and
they stuff all the co-op and free mode features to whatever "extra" mode they have.
I partially blame their prioritization of story over gameplay options.   DW4/5 was not so strict with how to
play the main mode. 

but maybe now their Musou mode works like DWs used to play.

Well rant over.    ;D

This particular series is praised for having more unique character movesets and combo systems,
and looks like they are adding more characters and assist characters for more variety, and the
level design seems better. 

Also heard a demo is coming to Japan this week on PSN with Luffy and Law.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 gameplay trailer video
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:31:03 PM »
I can only say one thing.....BOOBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Tags: